[WC] World Cup 2018 - General Talk Thread - World Cup 2018 - Juventuz Forums - Page 36
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    wow, 23 people protesting, we can expect the Martinez sack any day now
    Like I said, that doesn't happen with this kind of events. I am all for sacking Martinez, but I have an actual job. And in the end it is still just football. I'm not going to protest for something that is ultimately meaningless.

Martinez will be sacked if we don't make it to the final though. The situation will become unmanagenable. The odd part is that his contract has only just been renewed. But there's so much corruption at our FA that I honestly don't know why. Because even before this decision, Martinez was widely disliked.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Like I said, that doesn't happen with this kind of events. I am all for sacking Martinez, but I have an actual job. And in the end it is still just football. I'm not going to protest for something that is ultimately meaningless.

Martinez will be sacked if we don't make it to the final though. The situation will become unmanagenable. The odd part is that his contract has only just been renewed. But there's so much corruption at our FA that I honestly don't know why. Because even before this decision, Martinez was widely disliked.
    Obviously he's digging himself deeper and deeper in this clash with Radja, just puts unnecessary pressure on a team that's already fragile mentally, I'll be very surprised if he still has his job after the tournament. It's not like anyone forced those 9000 to press that they're going though

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone in Belgium know that this is the last generation they can make something with and that they should sack Martinez before it's too late?

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    Does anyone in Belgium know that this is the last generation they can make something with and that they should sack Martinez before it's too late?
    We are pretty aware of this yes.

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

How can you say that? The amount of happiness a World Cup win brings to almost every national of a given country is immense. Football does matter.
    ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO
    sono sempre al tuo fianco

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    How can you say that? The amount of happiness a World Cup win brings to almost every national of a given country is immense. Football does matter.
    Not to the extent that you go out and protest.

Lara Chedraoui fanboy Buck Fuddy's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Not a chance in hell, on both accounts.
    "Religion: the perfect excuse for bad behavior."

Days spent in Turin : 81
    Games watched in the stadium : 26

Cash
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Fuddy View Post
    Not a chance in hell, on both accounts.

No, you can consider him gone. Contract extensions mean $#@! all in today's game and Martinez already dug himself a huge hole. The biggest issue for our FA here is that the relationship between the team and the fans is broken. It had been going downhill for a while now, but the decision Martinez made was really catastrophic. As was the incredibly patronising response from the FA itself. Without that relationship the national team is suddenly a whole lot less interesting for sponsors. Money talks. And Martinez will be removed.

As for our tournament, Martinez has shown that he has not been able to improve our game against tactically solid teams. If De Bruyne says there is no system Martinez and we are nowhere tactically, that's a pretty strong statement. If we face a team as strong as even Colombia I think we're out. Never mind Argentina, Germany or Spain.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1992 Post(s)
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    2204 Post(s)
    $#@!.