The best Italian coach - Polls - Juventuz Forums - Page 4

View Poll Results: I beg you to vote.

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Allegri

    28 50.00%
  • Ancelotti

    17 30.36%
  • Conte

    11 19.64%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 157
  1. #61
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah and then he proceed to be a walking mistake for us. He was even fairly bad for a lot of the 2011/12 for us, he started looking good only in the middle of the back 3. He had so many blunders that the comparison with Ramos actually works.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    The Difference is Rugani came into a grown team, with a proper coach.
    Exactly, I would credit Allegri with launching Rugani's career at Juve if he goes to be the success that he looks like so far. Same way for Dybala.

    Bonucci I definitely credit Conte for his growth. He came as a kid, did not impress, and then with proper coaching became a symbol of Juve.

  2. #62
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    28,875
    Cash
    51,216
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Licht is a 2nd option to Dani atm. In "Contes" 352 hes even the 3rd option
    What's that talk about anyway? it's not like Licht was a mediocre player when we signed him. It 's not down to Conte that he is now able to run in a straight line. He was a quality player all the time.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  3. #63
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    I'm not trying to prove anything. You are the one who replied to my post and started this lol. I have no idea what you are trying to get at.

    Badstuber was absolutely first choice when he wasn't injured btw. Then he kept getting perma-injured since the 2012/13 season and never got fit for long enough to play a full season.
    im saying that there arent any Conte players, nor there is a "Contes 352" (even in 2015 when Allegri just arrived we played much different than we did in 2014). by that logic, we can say that Conte is only successful because he inherited Mourinhos Chelsea

    Badstuber was a great talent until injury, but Bayern quickly moved away from him when they signed Boateng in 2011 and Dante in 2012

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    What's that talk about anyway? it's not like Licht was a mediocre player when we signed him. It 's not down to Conte that he is now able to run in a straight line. He was a quality player all the time.
    he was one of the best RBs around definitely. that we signed him for only 10M was fantastic, props to Marotta for building an amazing team for Conte to win with.
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  4. #64
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When did I ever say "Conte 352"?

    You all mention something, I reply, and then you making it seem like I'm the one saying these things... ok.

  5. #65
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Yeah and then he proceed to be a walking mistake for us. He was even fairly bad for a lot of the 2011/12 for us, he started looking good only in the middle of the back 3. He had so many blunders that the comparison with Ramos actually works.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Exactly, I would credit Allegri with launching Rugani's career at Juve if he goes to be the success that he looks like so far. Same way for Dybala.

    Bonucci I definitely credit Conte for his growth. He came as a kid, did not impress, and then with proper coaching became a symbol of Juve.
    people only started calling Bonucci WC under Allegri, you know that?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  6. #66
    Juventuz legend Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    19,642
    Cash
    17,795
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    The amount of credit he gets is just ridiculous.

    Just like i'm holding a grudge against Schwarzenegger cause i don't think he's the coolest actor.


    Yep, you're definitely holding a grudge and you're biased. Conte > Allegri

    Conte won the league 3 seasons in a row with good Serie A players [and a few world beaters], created a midfield that was probably the best in Europe [Marchisio-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba], broke down numerous Serie A records [1st season - UNBEATEN, 3rd season - 102 POINTS, created a fort out of our stadium, almost beaten AC Milan's run of games without defeat], and won the Serie A Coach of the year award 3 years in a row. [2012, 2013, 2014]
    Forza Ferrari!

    Forza Juventus!

    Allez Les Blues!

  7. #67
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Its not ridiculous, its the credit he deserves. Yes, this is Allegri's Juve, but it was built on Conte's work.

    For the lineup, 7 of our regulars are from Conte's time. Including 4 starters and our 2 best players outside the current starting 11 (Marchisio and Barzagli).

    It's been 3 years since he left and we STILL relied on the 3-5-2 for majority of the season. That's all Conte. Allegri doesn't even like a back 3, he said so himself, but the work was laid there. Conte's systems shaped the team and the playing style. Remember how $#@! Bonucci was before Conte, how we signed Barzagli who became this wall, Licht and Asamoah, making the BBC, Marchisio finally fulfilling his potential.

    This Juve today doesn't exist without the revival we experienced in 2010. It affected everything about the club. We went from being on track to become the Liverpool of Serie A, to dominating in an unprecedented manner. We don't get all these signings and prestige to attract top players without our recent past. No way in hell that we pay 90m and bring Higuain if we hadn't dominated these past few seasons, nor would we have been able to sell Pogba for so much.

    These things heavily impacted the team we have today.

    The Juve of the last 10 games is the furthest away from Conte's influence, but the season is long and in the end most of the games were played with a back 3 still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    When did I ever say "Conte 352"?

    You all mention something, I reply, and then you making it seem like I'm the one saying these things... ok.
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  8. #68
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    people only started calling Bonucci WC under Allegri, you know that?
    It matters very little to me what people call players. Like I posted earlier, everyone has their own opinions. I'm not even sure what you mean when you say world class, its not a particularly well defined term. I know that I watch every Juve game and form opinions on the players based on that, not what the media might say.

  9. #69
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post


    Yep, you're definitely holding a grudge and you're biased. Conte > Allegri

    Conte won the league 3 seasons in a row with good Serie A players [and a few world beaters]


    created a midfield that was probably the best in Europe [Marchisio-Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba]


    broke down numerous Serie A records [1st season - UNBEATEN, 3rd season - 102 POINTS, created a fort out of our stadium, almost beaten AC Milan's run of games without defeat], and won the Serie A Coach of the year award 3 years in a row. [2012, 2013, 2014]
    is there a record for how many times you need to play a danish team to get a win?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    It matters very little to me what people call players. Like I posted earlier, everyone has their own opinions. I'm not even sure what you mean when you say world class, its not a particularly well defined term. I know that I watch every Juve game and form opinions on the players based on that, not what the media might say.
    Bonuccis best 2 seasons came under Allegri, and one of them he played in a 4 man defense (which many said he couldnt)
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  10. #70
    Juventuz legend Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    19,642
    Cash
    17,795
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri7 View Post
    He doesn't need to to prove he's the best Italian manager in the last few years.
    Frank Rijkaard won the CL and he's a joke of a coach. Seems the same scenario is with Luis Enrique.
    Forza Ferrari!

    Forza Juventus!

    Allez Les Blues!

  11. #71
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Ah so its just a reading comprehension problem you have.

    Have we used the 3-5-2 this season? yes. Is that due to Conte's previous involvement in the club? yes. Why? because he was the manager here for 3 years and implemented a system that hadn't been seen at Juve for a long time. Because of that our squad was shaped for it and our players developed in those roles.

    Does that mean that Allegri's 3-5-2 is the same as Conte's? no. Different managers bring their own tactics. Allegri adapted the team in his image.

    Hence why I never said "Conte's 3-5-2", no matter how many times you put it in quotes.

    Now read my post again, and understand.

  12. #72
    Juventuz addict <span style='color: #008000'>Raz</span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    12,214
    Cash
    15,089
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)


    Definitely not conte.
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    I wish I had Contes wig to cover myself when I sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    Fred is love, Fred is life
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Melo View Post
    Conte is bigger than the club

  13. #73
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post

    Bonuccis best 2 seasons came under Allegri, and one of them he played in a 4 man defense (which many said he couldnt)
    I agree. I never said otherwise.

  14. #74
    Juventuz legend Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    19,642
    Cash
    17,795
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post




    is there a record for how many times you need to play a danish team to get a win?


    , another hater. Look, Marotta may have bought all these good players and some world class ones but it was CONTE who made it work. Nowadays Allegri has a lot of better players to play with.

    So, in your opinion, these records don't mean anything?

    By the way, if Marotta should be praised for buying Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal then he should also be blamed for selling them, right?
    Forza Ferrari!

    Forza Juventus!

    Allez Les Blues!

  15. #75
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigiventus View Post
    Ah so its just a reading comprehension problem you have.

    Have we used the 3-5-2 this season? yes
    agree

    Is that due to Conte's previous involvement in the club? yes.
    its because we have 3 dominant CBs, (4 from this summer, and a top young CB. its because most of our signings last few years were done for this formation. not because a coach played in 3 seasons ago.

    Why? because he was the manager here for 3 years and implemented a system that hadn't been seen at Juve for a long time. Because of that our squad was shaped for it and our players developed in those roles.
    exactly

    D
    oes that mean that Allegri's 3-5-2 is the same as Conte's? no. Different managers bring their own tactics. Allegri adapted the team in his image.
    and moved away from the 352 few months after he inherited the team with 90% of "Contes team" still there, showing him that maybe the 352 wasnt the best system for that group of players? (we reached a CL final with 21? of Contes players still there, but playing a different formation)

    Hence why I never said "Conte's 3-5-2", no matter how many times you put it in quotes.

    Now read my post again, and understand.
    but you say we still play it because of Conte. when we moved away from it under Allegri, and started playing it again once we changed half our team in the summer of 2015
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  16. #76
    Juventuz addict <span style='color: #008000'>Raz</span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    12,214
    Cash
    15,089
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post


    , another hater. Look, Marotta may have bought all these good players and some world class ones but it was CONTE who made it work. Nowadays Allegri has a lot of better players to play with.

    So, in your opinion, these records don't mean anything?

    By the way, if Marotta should be praised for buying Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal then he should also be blamed for selling them, right?
    Just out of curiosity what does Marotta selling players has to do with the best coach?

    And if Marotta bought Ronaldo tomorrow and he performs all the credit goes to coach?
    Quote Originally Posted by X
    I wish I had Contes wig to cover myself when I sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven
    Fred is love, Fred is life
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Melo View Post
    Conte is bigger than the club

  17. #77
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    36,893
    Cash
    1,367,154
    Mentioned
    2045 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post


    , another hater. Look, Marotta may have bought all these good players and some world class ones but it was CONTE who made it work.
    yes and? do you praise Enrique for making Neymar-Messi-Suarez work or do you call him "a joke of a coach"? Conte would never won the scudettos without Marotta getting him Pirlo, Vidal, Lichtsteiner, Vucinic etc. same for Allegri and any other coach that will come here in the futute.

    Nowadays Allegri has a lot of better players to play with.
    remember how Allegri lost half his team in 2015 and still won the scudetto after the worst start in club history? is there a record for that?

    So, in your opinion, these records don't mean anything?
    records mean $#@!, trophies is the only thing that counts for a club like Juve. do you remember how we lost Vidal and lost the EL in 2014 due to chasing a meaningless record? i do

    By the way, if Marotta should be praised for buying Pirlo, Pogba, Vidal then he should also be blamed for selling them, right?
    Pirlo retired, Pogba was sold for 110M and Vidal is a threat to the community. a terrorist basically. what exactly should we blame him for?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Just out of curiosity what does Marotta selling players has to do with the best coach?

    And if Marotta bought Ronaldo tomorrow and he performs all the credit goes to coach?
    if Allegri can make Ronaldo work, imo hes the best coach in history
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sign Max Meyer!!!

    Sell H16UAIN!!! ICARDI!!!!

  18. #78
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,750
    Cash
    19,017
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    When Allegri arrived he explicitly stated that he'd smoothen the transition by continuing to use the same system for a period before slowly implementing his ideas. I don't know what's the fuss.

  19. #79
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    28,875
    Cash
    51,216
    Mentioned
    1858 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    he was one of the best RBs around definitely. that we signed him for only 10M was fantastic, props to Marotta for building an amazing team for Conte to win with.
    I was happy as $#@! when we signed him
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  20. #80
    Juventuz bench

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    764
    Cash
    2,200
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    but you say we still play it because of Conte. when we moved away from it under Allegri, and started playing it again once we changed half our team in the summer of 2015
    But there is a big difference between saying "Conte's 352" like you were claiming I was saying, and this.

    Allegri didn't return to the 3-5-2 because it was what he wanted, in lots of interviews back then (2014/15) when they were asking him about it he always said he wanted a back 4 but had no other choice. I remember a quote before a game back then when he said "If I had a right back, I would play it". Because at this point Licht had heart problems and we had no other RB. So Allegri went back to the 3-5-2. (Beginning of the 2014/15 season). It was the best choice for our players too of course, given the circumstances.

    Our squad now has changed a lot from Conte's days, now it looks like Allegri's team. Back in his first 2 seasons, not so much. We had 0 left backs before Evra came. Only 1 right back (who ended having heart problems) and a CB/RB who was always injured. Obviously this was a team shaped for Conte's tactics, as it makes sense because Conte was here for 3 seasons. Hence why at the begging I said that Allegri's Juve had been built on Conte's.

    Then in the summer 2015 we had all these changes and we ended up sticking with the back 3 for the most part. It made the most sense. The players knew it. Our success had been built on it. Earlier this season journalists were asking Allegri if he was gonna ditch the back 3, his reply was that how could he ditch what had offered so many guarantees?

    Whose influence is that? whats wrong with recognizing that we had a particularly influential coach that built foundations for a successful team?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post
    When Allegri arrived he explicitly stated that he'd smoothen the transition by continuing to use the same system for a period before slowly implementing his ideas. I don't know what's the fuss.
    Exactly. I don't understand whats the problem with it.
    Last edited by Gigiventus; 27.03.2017 at 15:07.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 88
    Last Post: 01.03.2017, 14:28
  2. Is the Italian league still the best
    By denco in forum Club football
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 28.02.2015, 20:13
  3. The best club coach ever
    By salman in forum Club football
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 10.06.2007, 12:46
  4. Question about Italian coaches
    By Zé Tahir in forum Club football
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 29.11.2006, 14:44
  5. Replies: 142
    Last Post: 19.04.2004, 14:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •