Mattia Caldara - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattia Caldara

At Hustini's home computer, secretly changing his location
    Cash
    Mentioned
    480 Post(s)
    Again, this sounds like Bonucci 2.0

Except unlike Bonucci, Caldara is not needed right away. He has another 18 months to ply his trade with Atalanta.

And I knew this Cronios love affair with Marotta was way too good to be true
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world will be forever changed

Look up here, I’m in heaven
    I’ve got scars that can’t be seen
    I’ve got drama, can’t be stolen
    Everybody knows me now

Cash
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Fine timing as usual, Cron, considering that Inter signed Gagliardini from Atalanta for a similar kind of fee with bonuses an entire day before we signed Caldara. The difference with them is that they need players now - we're good and stacked in that position, Inter are not good and need Italians.
    Attackers are expensive, because they are rare and can make the difference, midfielders are not as expensive as them and defenders are even less expensive. They overpayed as well, but less so because he is a midfielder and as you said, because they actually need him now and when you want a starter in the middle of the season, when tge market is lethargic and it is harder to find a successor, you might pay more.
    I believe that they will regret that move, but they had to gamble, we dont.
    With those 25 mil at hand for 6 years, an opportunity would arise for a player of greater quality at the end of his contract, or maybe a new even better talent.
    Beppe might of course have some special reasons to buy someone from this generation, maybe he has calculated that is exactly the age the Chiellini successor must have.
    Italians defenders used to be the best in world and Italy had a continous production of super defenders, but after Chiellini and Barza, it seems that thats it. Buying the best domestic product of a generation is not what it used to be. There was a time that this was true but not anymore. With 25 mil at hand today we can get better and proven CBs from Germany, France and Holland.
    I bianconeri sono tornati!

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    Attackers are expensive, because they are rare and can make the difference, midfielders are not as expensive as them and defenders are even less expensive. They overpayed as well, but less so because he is a midfielder and as you said, because they actually need him now and when you want a starter in the middle of the season, when tge market is lethargic and it is harder to find a successor, you might pay more.
    I believe that they will regret that move, but they had to gamble, we dont.
    Obviously. That's why we paid €90m for Higuain aged 29.

With those 25 mil at hand for 6 years, an opportunity would arise for a player of greater quality at the end of his contract, or maybe a new even better talent.
    Beppe might of course have some special reasons to buy someone from this generation, maybe he has calculated that is exactly the age the Chiellini successor must have.
    Italians defenders used to be the best in world and Italy had a continous production of super defenders, but after Chiellini and Barza, it seems that thats it. Buying the best domestic product of a generation is not what it used to be. There was a time that this was true but not anymore. With 25 mil at hand today we can get better and proven CBs from Germany, France and Holland.
    You're just repeating lines from a few years ago because you ended up badly wrong about Bonucci. I'd wish you better luck for next time, but that would be to the detriment of Juventus.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    1872 Post(s)
    Cronios is peaking again.

25m for one of the best CBs on the planet years ago when we got him is nothing. History is not Cronios's friend.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Cash
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Also good young center backs are in no way cheaper than good young midfielders nowadays, actually looking at recent transfers they are probably costlier. The reason being that there is a lack of good promising center backs while there are loads of promising mids.

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Cronios is peaking again.

25m for one of the best CBs on the planet years ago when we got him is nothing. History is not Cronios's friend.
    We only paid €15.5m for Bonucci though, don't let Croniospeak become reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
    Also good young center backs are in no way cheaper than good young midfielders nowadays, actually looking at recent transfers they are probably costlier. The reason being that there is a lack of good promising center backs while there are loads of promising mids.
    He's also ignoring that these are domestic players, a premium for leading teams in any league.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    1872 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    We only paid €15.5m for Bonucci though, don't let Croniospeak become reality.

- - - Updated - - -

He's also ignoring that these are domestic players, a premium for leading teams in any league.
    Was referring to Crondollars
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    When did I see Cronios criticize and wrongly calculate the price tag of a young Italian defender before?

Deja Vu I guess.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1234 Post(s)
    His Marotta love didn't last long, did it?
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1706 Post(s)
    If he was Hispanic his name would be Matias Caydará
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    1052 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    If he was Hispanic his name would be Matias Caydará
    Actually it would be Matías Calderón, I think... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

Cash
    Mentioned
    1706 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IliveForJuve View Post
    Actually it would be Matías Calderón, I think... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, in my version he's half indio
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    1234 Post(s)
    If he was Strayan his name would he Matty Cauldron
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    o lawd
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    He turn out a little expensive for someone who only played a few games in the first team but if we look at those PL rumours about defenders (specially Serie A ones), he's a gift.

So far he looks amazing
    Next year our goal is treble. What an amazing time to be a Juve Fan

Cash
    Mentioned
    1234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    o lawd
    Hey that's my thing I use on you

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Hey that's my thing I use on you
    Don't lie it's more like "stahp"
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And it's not clear if the price is 25 mil.
    15 mil.we will pay in 4 installments .
    6mil from us in bonuses.
    I just don't understand that 4 mil. paying structure.He'is playing for Atalanta and there is a 4 mil. bonus ?
    Who is paying that?A little strange.He is playing for Atalanta the next 18 months and we are paying the bonuses?

Cash
    Mentioned
    2785 Post(s)
    Nice signing.

Because we are committing today 21-25 mil for a player that might become remotely (subber) useful at september 2018, while we could have Sorensen and Masa for free and if they would fail and this boy would hold his promise, we could get him when he would be ready for a price of about 30mil
    Weak troll is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    There is only one Bonucci. @Klin
    Fact.

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Does it matter whether he costs 15m or 25m? It's not like we're poor. I can't believe people lose their $#@! over fees like this one while we spent 90m on Higuain last Summer

It's normal for us to pay higher fees these days because clubs know we have the money. All that matters we land players that are worth it or have upside to become great. Marotta and Paratici have a very good record with these so far so I'm very relaxed over this deal. If we value the kid so much, he has to be special. I personally like him, he's different to Rugani and probably those two will be our starters once BBC are gone.

I mean, we should be past crying about fees - it's not 2011 anymore. People want our team to be competitive and at the same time think about the future so how are we going to achieve this without spending? In Italy the other teams seem to be more competitive, at least when it comes to the market. Inter is back to their old days when they spent huge amounts of money and Milan will get there soon too. Napoli and Roma seem to be more stable now, it will take us more effort to fight them off.

These days I don't even care how much we spent on a player tbh. I mean I won't even be surprised if we land Verratti for 70-80m next Summer and/or Tolisso for like 40m. If we consider a player worth it, we'll pay the money and that's it. I'm enjoying it all while it lasts because we have competent management and we keep winning - these things should never be taken for granted.

BTW. Some people should have already learnt their lesson with the Bonucci case but hey, the history likes to repeat itself I guess.