Tomás Rincón - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomás Rincón

Promising youngster

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No kidding. No club from china would like to sign a player like defender midfielder like tomas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    http://iltifosi.tumblr.com/post/1553...d-for-juventus

Yesterday it was announced that Tomás Rincón had officially joined Juventus, becoming the first Venezuelan player ever to represent the Bianconeri. However, in order to do so, the midfielder refused a lucrative offer from a Chinese club that would have paid both him and his agent far more than the deal with the Serie A champions.

Having seen their Super League rivals splash huge fees and wages on the likes of Oscar and Carlos Tevez, Henan Jianye FC approached Rincón in December. A source involved in those negotiations revealed they offered him a lucrative deal and he was certainly interested in exploring the opportunity, only to quickly refuse when Juventus came calling later in the month.

“This is a dream come true,” the 28-year-old told reporters at his inaugural press conference. “I want to thank Juventus for the confidence they’ve shown in me. Everything happened very quickly but when I heard the club’s name there was no doubt in my mind – they play to win here and that’s what I work for every day.”

So the Old Lady may have lost Axel Witsel after his head was turned by the massive salary he could earn in China, but thankfully El General has other priorities.

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Great signing for a winter mercato, he is exactly what we need. He certainly couldn't be worse than Stu.

Cash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    @Marc

Pjanic
    Rico Marchisio Sami
    Not bad. Is Rico better than Lemina and Sturaro, in your opinion? Also, if Rico is such a tough dm, wouldn't it be better to place Marchisio in a more advanced role?
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Not bad. Is Rico better than Lemina and Sturaro, in your opinion? Also, if Rico is such a tough dm, wouldn't it be better to place Marchisio in a more advanced role?
    No, Marchisio is our playmaker. Rico cant do that.
    Cavani who? Ben is da Man

Cash
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Djabrail View Post
    No, Marchisio is our playmaker. Rico cant do that.
    Ok.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mark

What ever happened to ItalJuve?
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

Cash
    Mentioned
    4754 Post(s)
    Ok.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Mark

What ever happened to ItalJuve?
    well I guess we want to start winning again in Europe so...

JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1068 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    http://iltifosi.tumblr.com/post/1553...d-for-juventus

Yesterday it was announced that Tomás Rincón had officially joined Juventus, becoming the first Venezuelan player ever to represent the Bianconeri. However, in order to do so, the midfielder refused a lucrative offer from a Chinese club that would have paid both him and his agent far more than the deal with the Serie A champions.

Having seen their Super League rivals splash huge fees and wages on the likes of Oscar and Carlos Tevez, Henan Jianye FC approached Rincón in December. A source involved in those negotiations revealed they offered him a lucrative deal and he was certainly interested in exploring the opportunity, only to quickly refuse when Juventus came calling later in the month.

“This is a dream come true,” the 28-year-old told reporters at his inaugural press conference. “I want to thank Juventus for the confidence they’ve shown in me. Everything happened very quickly but when I heard the club’s name there was no doubt in my mind – they play to win here and that’s what I work for every day.”

So the Old Lady may have lost Axel Witsel after his head was turned by the massive salary he could earn in China, but thankfully El General has other priorities.
    @Hustini
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    that

He's a tough mofo. Close your eyes and think of Vidal and Gattuso having a kid together.

ok let's not exaggerate but you get what kind of player he is. Won't score but tough to play against. Will make the other attacking guys in our team feel better and don't worry a lot about defensive duties. Likes to hold on to the ball.
    You think he will be a starter for us? I like his tenacity and how he carries the ball forward after winning it. Even if he does not have the pedigree of a top player I think he could will himself to be a very important player for us and bring back the culture of hard work to our midfield.
    Solo Juve

Cash
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    People are still salty about the Witsel rejection
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Cash
    Mentioned
    4754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CalcioJuventus View Post
    You think he will be a starter for us? I like his tenacity and how he carries the ball forward after winning it. Even if he does not have the pedigree of a top player I think he could will himself to be a very important player for us and bring back the culture of hard work to our midfield.
    he will if we go with 3 guys in front I think.
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    People are still salty about the Witsel rejection
    Actually I'm very happy. I'm grateful to the Chinese because we dodged that bullet in the end

Cash
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidPLP View Post
    Actually I'm very happy. I'm grateful to the Chinese because we dodged that bullet in the end
    The irony is that some hated the idea of him coming but are having serious feels about him chosing China over Juve
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Better than Stu yes, I haven't seen him enough to tell if hes better than Lemina overall, we will see. However, he is the type of player we needed to make our midfield with Sami and Pjanic function. He is Sturaro with a good passing game , so obviously will fit in with our other 3 starting mids
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Better than Lemina

Cash
    Mentioned
    1381 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Better than Lemina
    Based on what? career of obsecurity in powehouses Hamburg and Genoa til 29?
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

“I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death.” - Stephen Colbert

Cash
    Mentioned
    1809 Post(s)
    obscurity*

Happy to help, Os.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Cash
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Based on what? career of obsecurity in powehouses Hamburg and Genoa til 29?
    I think Lemina is dire in the final third and his work rate is inconsistent. I'd favour Rincon defensively without question and I don't think Lemina does enough in the final third to close the gap. Rincon might be more reliable in possession as well.

Cash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Until we've actually seen Rincon perform week in and week out it's impossible to compare him with a young player who looked very promising for us. I don't know, maybe you follow Genoa but I highly doubt any of us have been paying much attention to Rincon while he was with Genoa or Hamburg

Cash
    Mentioned
    1381 Post(s)
    What Basel said, it's better to say Lemina has this or that flaw, but suddenly inferior to fairly random type of all around CM signing like Rincon makes little sense.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

“I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death.” - Stephen Colbert

Cash
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Well is Lemina supposed to have some sort of high reputation? He was a pretty unknown prospect we got from a decent French team for about the same that Rincon cost.

From what I've seen of Rincon at Genoa, I personally think he's probably better than Lemina and I gave some reasons why. Not like I said I prefer him to Vidal or something...