Advice on getting tickets for Champions League match - Barcelona (1 Viewer)

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Apologies if there is a better place for this thread to be but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or advice on the following...

My gf surprised me (for my birthday) with a trip to Barca and we head out next Tuesday 13/09, which is the day of their Champions League tie against Celtic. (Yes she should have surprised me with a trip to Turin and tickets for a Juve game...). I have no allegiance to either team but would like to go to a game while i'm there

Initially, I tried to get tickets from Barca website but due to UEFA rules there seems to be no way of buying tickets 'officially' in the UK ; due to a UK team featuring in this tie, I am unable to buy any tickets other than VIP tickets (and they are too expensive).

I have a few options but I'm unsure as to what best course of action - anyone got any experience of the following? - I have googled various things but not getting many clear answers

Anyone have much experience of buying tickets in Barcelona on the day of a game?

If I go to stadium, are they likely to sell tickets to someone from the UK - assuming they will ask for some details whilst purchasing tickets or can I pay cash?

I understand you can buy tickets from selected bank machines / ATM's - however again, I assume I may have similar issue if these machines put a block on purchase attempts from UK cards etc.

I've read on the internet that many season ticket holders will sell you their tickets outside the ground? Any tips on the best course of action for this?

I'm sure there will be touts outside the ground. Are they to be trusted (within reason)? Any specific safer areas to head to?

One other option - my gf has a contact in one of the Spanish islands that she could use to buy us tickets ; however the problem here could be ticket system. If they are given in print out form this could be transferred easily. However, the issue would be that we wouldn't have the card that they were bought with. Will this be checked at the ground?

One other option would be to try sites like VIAGOGO but I have never used them before and unsure if I could be caught by similar pitfalls as above in terms of buying in the UK - and knowing what format the tickets will be provided.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Apologies if there is a better place for this thread to be but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience or advice on the following...

My gf surprised me (for my birthday) with a trip to Barca and we head out next Tuesday 13/09, which is the day of their Champions League tie against Celtic. (Yes she should have surprised me with a trip to Turin and tickets for a Juve game...). I have no allegiance to either team but would like to go to a game while i'm there

Initially, I tried to get tickets from Barca website but due to UEFA rules there seems to be no way of buying tickets 'officially' in the UK ; due to a UK team featuring in this tie, I am unable to buy any tickets other than VIP tickets (and they are too expensive).

I have a few options but I'm unsure as to what best course of action - anyone got any experience of the following? - I have googled various things but not getting many clear answers

Anyone have much experience of buying tickets in Barcelona on the day of a game?

If I go to stadium, are they likely to sell tickets to someone from the UK - assuming they will ask for some details whilst purchasing tickets or can I pay cash?

I understand you can buy tickets from selected bank machines / ATM's - however again, I assume I may have similar issue if these machines put a block on purchase attempts from UK cards etc.

I've read on the internet that many season ticket holders will sell you their tickets outside the ground? Any tips on the best course of action for this?

I'm sure there will be touts outside the ground. Are they to be trusted (within reason)? Any specific safer areas to head to?

One other option - my gf has a contact in one of the Spanish islands that she could use to buy us tickets ; however the problem here could be ticket system. If they are given in print out form this could be transferred easily. However, the issue would be that we wouldn't have the card that they were bought with. Will this be checked at the ground?

One other option would be to try sites like VIAGOGO but I have never used them before and unsure if I could be caught by similar pitfalls as above in terms of buying in the UK - and knowing what format the tickets will be provided.
Why watch barcelona when you can get an official juventus jersay and respect of other people for that money ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)