Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 495

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

5 2.22%
  • 6-10

3 1.33%
  • 11-15

7 3.11%
  • 16-20

30 13.33%
  • 21-25

49 21.78%
  • 26-30

68 30.22%
  • 31-35

27 12.00%
  • 36+

36 16.00%
Page 495 of 499 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497 ... LastLast
Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 9971
    Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Higuain will be fine again as long as we're not wheeling him out for 46 games or whatever it is. It's important to have an alternative that allows him to be rested.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure we will get one. Already tried to get one last summer. It just didn't work out with Schick.

Cash
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    Sell Higuain and replace with who? Dybala?
    Well you sell Higuain and replace him with a CM that costs 60M. Then Dybala plays CF and can he score 16 goals there?

Cash
    Mentioned
    2411 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    In the end Higuain scored 16 this year with the same team around him as last year. He still had Dybala beside him. But last year he scored 24.

Decline.

Of the 16, probably 12 or 13 would be scored by Quagliarella.

Not good enough. The decline is extremely visible and he should be sold before his value is 0.
    Actually scored 19goals and had 6 assist.
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Well you sell Higuain and replace him with a CM that costs 60M. Then Dybala plays CF and can he score 16 goals there?
    Bit simplistic. With that logic the new mid would need to replace the goals scored by Dybala.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
    Bit simplistic. With that logic the new mid would need to replace the goals scored by Dybala.
    or Dybala scores 40, because he gets a lot more opportunities now
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Well if it's 4-3-3, then Costa and the LW play way further up the field and score more. But for sure we concede less as we've seen this year in the 4-3-3. Almost impenetrable.

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    or Dybala scores 40, because he gets a lot more opportunities now
    Assuming he gets more opportunities. I'm not sure he would.

I think Dybala is more suited to play as part of a duo. That way there is more to deal with for the centerbacks. Pretty sure anyways that Dybala himself likes the freedom to roam around the pitch. Playing him as an out and out striker would limit him imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if it's 4-3-3, then Costa and the LW play way further up the field and score more. But for sure we concede less as we've seen this year in the 4-3-3. Almost impenetrable.
    Costa doesn't strike me as someone who is going to become prolific a scorer, even if given more attacking freedom. Bernardeschi might and probably will.

I'm not against playing Dybi as a striker but would like to see more proof of him actually being able to play as a lone frontman before getting rid of our best striker. I have trust in Allegri and if he felt that Dybala is a better striker than Higuain I'm sure he would play him there. Clearly he doesn't.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Assuming he gets more opportunities. I'm not sure he would.

I think Dybala is more suited to play as part of a duo. That way there is more to deal with for the centerbacks. Pretty sure anyways that Dybala himself likes the freedom to roam around the pitch. Playing him as an out and out striker would limit him imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Costa doesn't strike me as someone who is going to become prolific a scorer, even if given more attacking freedom. Bernardeschi might and probably will.

I'm not against playing Dybi as a striker but would like to see more proof of him actually being able to play as a lone frontman before getting rid of our best striker. I have trust in Allegri and if he felt that Dybala is a better striker than Higuain I'm sure he would play him there. Clearly he doesn't.
    i liked the new 433 we played recently as well, Cuads RB, Dybala RW and Costa LW. that way Dybala still stays centrally but a bit more to the right, and Cuadrado and Costa provide width and stretch the defense. but in this system, i would still rather someone else and not Higgy, someone who can take advantage of Costas and Cuadrados fantastic crosses
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    i liked the new 433 we played recently as well, Cuads RB, Dybala RW and Costa LW. that way Dybala still stays centrally but a bit more to the right, and Cuadrado and Costa provide width and stretch the defense. but in this system, i would still rather someone else and not Higgy, someone who can take advantage of Costas and Cuadrados fantastic crosses
    Well the 4-3-3 also fits Pjanic much better. The 4-4-2 is a disaster for him.

But no one seems to care about that either.

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I do think we will get a good alternative for Higuain this summer. It's then up to that player to perform better than Higgy. Personally don't see Higuain giving up his spot just yet but someone pushing him would be welcomed.

I feel that Higuain has the habit of becoming a bit too relaxed at times. Thus far when challenged he has always responded. Allegri dropped him at the start of the season and he started performing then he was dropped from the Argentina squad and he again started performing.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Well the 4-3-3 also fits Pjanic much better. The 4-4-2 is a disaster for him.

But no one seems to care about that either.
    exactly. Pjanic has been sacrificed as well for this setup, all to fit in Higuain and Dybala together. Matuidi was an attempt to balance things out, but it didnt work out either. time to move on

- - - Updated - - -

I do think we will get a good alternative for Higuain this summer. It's then up to that player to perform better than Higgy. Personally don't see Higuain giving up his spot just yet but someone pushing him would be welcomed.

I feel that Higuain has the habit of becoming a bit too relaxed at times. Thus far when challenged he has always responded. Allegri dropped him at the start of the season and he started performing then he was dropped from the Argentina squad and he again started performing.
    well, we got linked to Morata, whos on ~7M wages at Chelsea. thats as much as Higuain and Dybala, and twice as much as Mandzukic, our previous competition for Higuain. dont think its a good idea to have 3 strikers as your highest paid players, when its pretty much impossible to fit them into the same lineup. then after Morata (who for reasons above i dont think would be coming as an alternative for Higuain), who else is there? can we afford to have a good enough to challenge Higuain player AND Higuain, since both would be expensive as $#@!? would guys like Quagliarella/Balotelli make Higuain feel like he needs to work his ass off?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    2199 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapahel View Post

FFS what i just found

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    exactly. Pjanic has been sacrificed as well for this setup, all to fit in Higuain and Dybala together. Matuidi was an attempt to balance things out, but it didnt work out either. time to move on

- - - Updated - - -

well, we got linked to Morata, whos on ~7M wages at Chelsea. thats as much as Higuain and Dybala, and twice as much as Mandzukic, our previous competition for Higuain. dont think its a good idea to have 3 strikers as your highest paid players, when its pretty much impossible to fit them into the same lineup. then after Morata (who for reasons above i dont think would be coming as an alternative for Higuain), who else is there? can we afford to have a good enough to challenge Higuain player AND Higuain, since both would be expensive as $#@!? would guys like Quagliarella/Balotelli make Higuain feel like he needs to work his ass off?
    Isn't this down to how it's reported? Or am I thinking of Spain?
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    1978 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFL_ITALIA View Post
    Isn't this down to how it's reported? Or am I thinking of Spain?
    what was reported?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    what was reported?
    Wages.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I see Allegri easily finding space for another quality attacker. We previously had Mandzo and Morata alternating and that worked well imo. Finding the room in the wage budget might be a bit problematic as you said but we'll see.

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    I think Higuain has close to zero chance of being sold this offseason. So this Dybala as a CF possibility isn't even worthy being discussed.

Cash
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroFlu View Post
    I think Higuain has close to zero chance of being sold this offseason. So this Dybala as a CF possibility isn't even worthy being discussed.
    Unfortunately this is probably true. Can't see any club being stupid enough to spend money on him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliano13 View Post
    Unfortunately this is probably true. Can't see any club being stupid enough to spend money on him.
    Luckily Beppe isn't stupid enough to sell him either.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok now you’re just trolling, or no one should listen to your opinion on Higuain