Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 529

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

5 2.22%
  • 6-10

3 1.33%
  • 11-15

7 3.11%
  • 16-20

30 13.33%
  • 21-25

49 21.78%
  • 26-30

68 30.22%
  • 31-35

27 12.00%
  • 36+

36 16.00%
Page 529 of 549 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,580 of 10977

Cash
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Allegri prefers 4-3-3 and a bigger CF like Higuain but Marotta will not sell Dybala so Allegri must compromise and work a team around Dybala playing CF. Allegri has refused to use Dybala as a RW because he feels he cannot help the RB enough. It has been decided that Mandzukic will be kept as a backup CF or starting CF in a 4-4-2 in case Dybala cannot play CF.

In addition, Marotta will work to acquire Sergej Milinkovic-Savic to play as a pseudo-target man CM as he does at Lazio. If the move doesn't materialize then Marotta will look to fill LW with a bigger player like Martial or Morata.

Source: MikeM as reported months ago.

Cash
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJuventino View Post
    "I can confirm that something has broke between Higuain and Juventus, the player is on the market." -Gdm

Goes on to say he would go to Chelsea if Sarri becomes the coach, which would then see Morata come to Juve
    What broke though?

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudiOHHH View Post
    Mandzukic confirmed moving back to CF also confirms that Higuain is gone

Morata / Mandzukic probablyyyy isn't deadly enough
    Dybala-Morata/Mandžukič is plenty deadly enough if they have a strong midfield behind them and Costa/Berna by their side. Imagine us actually being able to counterattack

Cash
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    If there ever was a time to sell him, it's right now. However, I'm not a fan of this idea. We can't replace him, he's a sure 20 goal a season scorer, improved his CL record and also vital in our build up play. Playing with a false #9 is cool, but we don't have a goal scoring force on the wings or CM.

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gian View Post
    If there ever was a time to sell him, it's right now. However, I'm not a fan of this idea. We can't replace him, he's a sure 20 goal a season scorer, improved his CL record and also vital in our build up play. Playing with a false #9 is cool, but we don't have a goal scoring force on the wings or CM.
    20 goals/50 games is not WC striker guarantee by any measure, pretty sure Morata can guarantee that as well.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2586 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    20 goals/50 games is not WC striker guarantee by any measure, pretty sure Morata can guarantee that as well.
    50g/50games
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Like the last time he was with us ?
    Tanu VS Mark - Tuz Mercato Championship

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanu_Mz View Post
    SMS to my knowledge is done.
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

Quote Originally Posted by Wittl View Post
    Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    @Wittl CR7 av

VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    1840 Post(s)
    No he can't. Higauin at his weakest season is still around Moratas best one or even better.

I like Alvaro, but I much rather have Gonzalo Infront of goal, much more trust worthy to finish off attacks. Morata really has a limited killer instinct.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Like the last time he was with us ?
    pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes in 15/16 is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    No he can't. Higauin at his weakest season is still around Moratas best one or even better.

I like Alvaro, but I much rather have Gonzalo Infront of goal, much more trust worthy to finish off attacks. Morata really has a limited killer instinct.

What we'd have trouble replacing is Higuain in top form, when that guy is firing on all cylinders, his goals are deciding games we'd otherwise not win. Sadly, Higuain in top form was a rare sight, at least last season. Unless Dybala steps up and becomes consistent, we'd have problems in the large periods where he goes missing and Higuain usually steps up. But if we don't change, we'll never find out what Dybala can do as the main man.

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season
    The good old goal to minute ratio argument to justify Morata's failings year after year

And we're making this comparison with perhaps Higuain's worst season in his career. Some rather crazy opinions here.

Anything to justify the Higuain hate i guess.

Spoiler:
    Icardi they are working on; at this stage I believe that it will be very unlikely for Pipita to stay

30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

Need to change my avatar again. First Can, now Cancelo. So who shell I put there next? Milinkovic-Savic or Golovin? @Mark
    @Wittl CR7 av

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The good old goal to minute ratio argument to justify Morata's failings year after year

And we're making this comparison with perhaps Higuain's worst season in his career. Some rather crazy opinions here.

Anything to justify the Higuain hate i guess.
    That worst season also happens to be his most recent one, not sure there's reason to expect him to suddenly return to his Napoli or Real form. And Morata goals/minutes argument is a natural response to "Higuain guarantees 20 goals a season", every good striker that plays as many minutes as Higuain is playing would get to 20 goals. Higuains worth to me is the few months/season when he turns into beast mode not his overall numbers, which are pretty poor for a WC striker due to Gonzalo being super useless when he's down like start of 17/18.

Like I said, this really revolves around Dybala not Morata, I don't think we'll see the best of Paolo playing together with Higuain, both need a strong supporting cast to succeed not each other.

Cash
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    That worst season also happens to be his most recent one, not sure there's reason to expect him to suddenly return to his Napoli or Real form. And Morata goals/minutes argument is a natural response to "Higuain guarantees 20 goals a season", every good striker that plays as many minutes as Higuain is playing would get to 20 goals.
    Have you ever wondered why Morata plays less minutes in the first place ? Leaving all the stats aside ?

Its because he sulks during games, its because he doesnt work hard enough, misses easy sitters. This is why he was benched by Mandzukic here, couldnt displace a Benzema in his worst shape and now recently benched by Giroud at Chelsea.

You're debating the consistency of Higuain and Dybala and you suggest Morata could help fix that problem.....

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Its a rather flawed way of judging a player's consistency.

Spoiler:

30/5/2018

Vs

Lewa/Pogba

@Wittl CR7 av

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Have you ever wondered why Morata plays less minutes in the first place ? Leaving all the stats aside ?

Its because he sulks during games, its because he doesnt work hard enough, misses easy sitters. This is why he was benched by Mandzukic here, couldnt displace a Benzema in his worst shape and now recently benched by Giroud at Chelsea.

You're debating the consistency of Higuain and Dybala and you suggest Morata could help fix that problem.....

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Reason being managers dont trust him to be a starter especially at a big club.
    This guy speaks the truth.

That being said I can see us swapping Higgy for Morata but those will be non-pitch related reasons.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1840 Post(s)
    pretty much yeah, 12 goals and 12 assists in 2377 minutes in 15/16 is not that different from Higuains 23goals and 8 assists in 3877 last season
    It is that different, 11 goals more despite this being Golzalos worst season says it all.

And don't tell me Morata would made up that difference if he played the extra 500 minutes. He doesn't because he can't. He went 4 months without scoring for us. And since you like to talk about recent season for Higauin, well what do you know, the pattern repeated itself, Morata barely didn't score anything in 2018 for Chelsea.

"If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

He's had a favorable goal to minute ratio everywhere he's played. Reason being managers dont trust him to be a starter especially at a big club.
    Because Allegri doesn't bench Higuain when he deserves to hit the bench for months. And I understand why he doesn't, Higuain in top form is a great player to have and you won't get him there by dooming him to the bench, dude is also a bit primadonnish. Look, I'm not debating Higuain is not a great striker, he clearly is, I'm just having fun at the "Higuain guarantees 20 goals" statements as if it was something amazing a spear striker scoring 20 goals in 50 games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    It is that different, 11 goals more despite this being Golzalos worst season says it all.

And don't tell me Morata would made up that difference if he played the extra 500 minutes. He doesn't because he can't. He went 4 months without scoring for us. And since you like to talk about recent season for Higauin, well what do you know, the pattern repeated itself, Morata barely didn't score anything in 2018 for Chelsea.

*1500. I think it's reasonable to expect Morata would get 8 goals or close to that and more assists in that period of time if he was treated like Higuain. And I'm not saying Morata deserves Higuain treatment, I'm just saying he would.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If we improve our midfield this season, Dybala and Costa will be able to play much closer to Higuain and goal, therefore Higuain will score around 30 goals, I am pretty sure. I am strongly against his sale, since he is vital to our build-up especially when we are under pressure and he is an established goal scorer.

Higuain's only weakness are aerial duels.

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1559 Post(s)
    Like I’ve said, we will regret selling him.

Absolutely laughable if people think Mandzukic/Morata is the answer for us going forward. If we sell Higuain, we need to replace with similar or better quality - which we won’t, because the money will go to our midfield and fullback situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Like I’ve said, we will regret selling him.

Absolutely laughable if people think Mandzukic/Morata is the answer for us going forward. If we sell Higuain, we need to replace with similar or better quality - which we won’t, because the money will go to our midfield and fullback situation.
    Pretty sure there are hardly any peeps wanting that on tuz, everyone is proposing Dybala in Higgys place and a mid in Dybalas place with Morata going in Mandzu spot in 433. Still waiting for Higgy fans to realise it and stop focuing on h2h comparisons between Morata/Martial and Higgy

Cash
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    What broke though?
    Something
    "I love the sea... you know why? Because you can not see the end; the sea is the image of perfect freedom" -Allegri

" Gli antijuventini sono come le zanzare, fastidiosi ma possono solo sucare"

Cash
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Gone...
    Who is gonna be our Go-man? Our current top scorer and game changer player.
    And Paulo inconsistency? Yeah right, Pipa is the consistency queen now...
    Our main player it would be Paulo. He would score way more if everyone play for him and he's better or at least same level in everything than Pipa except using right foot...
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.