Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 497

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

5 2.22%
  • 6-10

3 1.33%
  • 11-15

7 3.11%
  • 16-20

30 13.33%
  • 21-25

49 21.78%
  • 26-30

68 30.22%
  • 31-35

27 12.00%
  • 36+

36 16.00%
Page 497 of 499 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499 LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 9968

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    nah, the best striker we can afford outscored him this season playing for the same team 15 metres lower than Gonzalo and playing significantly less minutes
    Where was he in the CL?

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    Where was he in the CL?
    injured in the first Spurs game, had a winning goal in the 2nd (although didnt have a good game in general after returning fresh from injury), had a bad game against Madrid in Turin just like the rest of the team and suspended for the 2nd one. wouldn't really blame him for that, we went out of CL due to the first game against Madrid (and an animal of a referee) and that's way more on Allegri and defense than it is on Dybala.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    FFS what i just found
    Ban Cronios

Lara Chedraoui fanboy Buck Fuddy's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

I know Pipita has his flaws, he isn’t the best player in his position, but half of Tuz has an irrational hate of him based on his transfer fee. He is the best striker we can afford right now. If we sign Lewandowski, I’d gladly ship Higuain to Swansea City for free. If it’s a third rate striker like Morata, I’ll say hell no.
    That's the thing. He definitely isn't the best possible player in his position. If you ask me, he's not even among the best anymore. Couple that with the money we spent & still spend on him (not just the transfer fee, but his wages as well) and I wouldn't call irrational to have your doubts on Higuain.

Call me crazy, but I think our team would actually benefit from having, for example, someone like Morata instead of Higuain.
    "Religion: the perfect excuse for bad behavior."

Days spent in Turin : 81
    Games watched in the stadium : 26

Cash
    Mentioned
    446 Post(s)

I know Pipita has his flaws, he isn’t the best player in his position, but half of Tuz has an irrational hate of him based on his transfer fee. He is the best striker we can afford right now. If we sign Lewandowski, I’d gladly ship Higuain to Swansea City for free. If it’s a third rate striker like Morata, I’ll say hell no.
    The best striker we can afford is already playing here, but his name isn't Miss Piggy.

Kinda ironic talking about we can only afford Higuain.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Fuddy View Post
    That's the thing. He definitely isn't the best possible player in his position. If you ask me, he's not even among the best anymore. Couple that with the money we spent & still spend on him (not just the transfer fee, but his wages as well) and I wouldn't call irrational to have your doubts on Higuain.
    I used to think that since there won't be an accounting profit on his sale it won't make economic sense to sell him. But actually it does, because if Juve can sell him for €50m Juve will be able to invest €18m on amortisation (which could mean €90m transfer budget) and probably €20m towards wages of incoming players... if Juve sell him for around €40m, even then it would make economic sense to sell him as without Higuain Juve would drastically reduce amortisation expenses+wages for the next 3 years.
    semper fidelis

Breakout Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    612 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Well you sell Higuain and replace him with a CM that costs 60M. Then Dybala plays CF and can he score 16 goals there?
    If only I had faith in Dybala.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Why is Higuain’s relatively underwhelming season a sign of his irreversible and inevitable decline, but Morata’s $#@!show of a season is of no consequence?

Cash
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Why is Higuain’s relatively underwhelming season a sign of his irreversible and inevitable decline, but Morata’s $#@!show of a season is of no consequence?
    We like Alvaro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1976 Post(s)
    Morata scored 8 less goals, in over 1000 less minutes. thats $#@!show to you but Higgys is relatively underwhelming? whos biased now?

but to answer your question, Morata is just entering his prime, and is in better physical shape. why would we assume hes declining when the best years are ahead of him, and he lost none of his pace and ability?
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Age.
    "Juventus is not just a football club, it's a way of understanding life. ~Italo Pietra

Quote Originally Posted by Gagi View Post
    They want money, dunno why,
    'cause I want a loan with an option to buy

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Morata scored 8 less goals, in over 1000 less minutes. thats $#@!show to you but Higgys is relatively underwhelming? whos biased now?

but to answer your question, Morata is just entering his prime, and is in better physical shape. why would we assume hes declining when the best years are ahead of him, and he lost none of his pace and ability?
    Morata was great in the first 10 matches, he was beyond dreadful after that. Also let’s not pretend Morata is a youngster who can develop further. He’s almost 26

Cash
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Morata was great in the first 10 matches, he was beyond dreadful after that. Also let’s not pretend Morata is a youngster who can develop further. He’s almost 26
    Morata imo suits us a little more. Gonzalo is amazing in a build-up and will put a ball in a net if you give him a chance, but it was quite a time ago when he was able to beat his man one on one, or just ran away on a counter.
    Saying all that, Higuain is still wc finisher, and we have much more pressing matters to address.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Rick Dangerous Champion Hexxagon Champion Asteroids Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1976 Post(s)
    he doesent need to develop anymore, hes good as he is now. complete skillset and body at his physical peak. hes almost 26, so has 5-6 years of his prime ahead of him
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    If only I had faith in Dybala.
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    I wouldn't buy Morata either.

Cash
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    he doesent need to develop anymore, hes good as he is now. complete skillset and body at his physical peak. hes almost 26, so has 5-6 years of his prime ahead of him
    Morata is nowhere near Juve level. He's had one 20 goal season so far in his career. Higuain had 3 when he was 25. (And has had 5 since). I know Morata hasn't had as much playing time, but thats either because he wasn't good enough to start or he wasn't fit enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kopanja View Post
    Morata imo suits us a little more. Gonzalo is amazing in a build-up and will put a ball in a net if you give him a chance, but it was quite a time ago when he was able to beat his man one on one, or just ran away on a counter.
    Saying all that, Higuain is still wc finisher, and we have much more pressing matters to address.
    After Tevez left, our attack was pretty lightweight in 2015-16 when we had Morata Mandzu and Dybala. We needed an out of the world season from Pogba to win the Serie A that season. Europe was hardly better. Now that we have a potent attack, I wouldn't like to see it weakened again. Only someone like Gabriel Jesus or Lewandowski would be good replacements for Higuain imo.

Cash
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jukazem View Post
    I used to think that since there won't be an accounting profit on his sale it won't make economic sense to sell him. But actually it does, because if Juve can sell him for €50m Juve will be able to invest €18m on amortisation (which could mean €90m transfer budget) and probably €20m towards wages of incoming players... if Juve sell him for around €40m, even then it would make economic sense to sell him as without Higuain Juve would drastically reduce amortisation expenses+wages for the next 3 years.
    Thank you.

Just by this numbers, is clear we need to pounce now.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    1976 Post(s)
    Morata is nowhere near Juve level. He's had one 20 goal season so far in his career. Higuain had 3 when he was 25. (And has had 5 since). I know Morata hasn't had as much playing time, but thats either because he wasn't good enough to start or he wasn't fit enough.
    then Higuain isnt either, since both are at a similar level currently. and between two strikers who arent Juventus material, id take the one that fits better with our other attacking players (Cuads, Costa, Dybala). id also rather have Cavani, but hes more unrealistic
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sign Max Meyer!!!

Sell Higuain!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Gonzaloneeeeeeeeeee
    C R E D I A M O C I