Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 446

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

    5 2.22%
  • 6-10

    3 1.33%
  • 11-15

    7 3.11%
  • 16-20

    30 13.33%
  • 21-25

    49 21.78%
  • 26-30

    68 30.22%
  • 31-35

    27 12.00%
  • 36+

    36 16.00%
Page 446 of 499 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,920 of 9978
  1. #8901
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,912
    Cash
    8,641
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    My question is unanswered.

    And the talk about us being psychologically affected after the penalty miss, this argument applies to Juve but not to Spurs who came back from a 2 goal deficit ? Are we such a mentally weak team that we cant recover from a penalty miss ? Are we so poor offensively that we couldnt create more chances ?

    Let's face it. It's just convenient to blame Higuain because he has a past history of choking.
    Actually could well be. We have history of choking it in CL.

    Also yes we were limited last nigt offensively.
    Berna plays CM cause Matuidi is out.
    Mandzu got injured but couldnt be replaced cause we already missed Dybala and Cuads. Instead we can only bring on mids who are hardly game changers in Sturaro, Asamoah, Benta.

    Its easy to criticize Allegri but last night he didnt have game changing subs to make. Usually Allegri always makes good subs but he had nothing to bring on.

    Barzagli might have improved us defensively. Matuidi would have shut the shop in midfield. That means Berna could have played more offensive role even yesterday. Lack of fresh legs in offense to bring on last night. Cuads could have come on to right side. Costa move to left to take Mandzu off and Dybala or Berna play just behind Higuain.

  2. #8902
    King Kong Chiello3's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    322
    Cash
    1,195
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Scored 2 early goals , got us a winning morale
    if he scored another penalty , it would be all ours
    and its also really hard to score 2 penalty's in 45 minutes , not a fault of pipita.
    C R E D I A M O C I

  3. #8903
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,091
    Cash
    114,194
    Mentioned
    2078 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    Maybe they didn't feel like taking a PK? We don't know.

    Forcing a normally deadly player from the spot into taking a PK has been proven to be a mistake plenty of times before. If you have a bunch of Penalty takers, you let the player shoot that feels the most confident. Might have been Higgy in this case.

    If Dybala would have been there, he probably would have taken them, not sure it that would have been better, looking at his last PK's.
    Its all about mental resilience. Most players can take a spotkick, doesnt require the most extreme technique. Its about the mental state.

    Beeing able to pick a corner, and have a backup plan if you see the goalkeeper dive in it. This is what everyone does

    The mental resillience to not fall if the goalkeeper feignts to that corner, thats what defines it.


    Players with exceptional technique and reasonable mentality, are also great. They pick a corner and know they will score if they hit it well, regardless of wether the keeper judges it right.

    Berna and Pjanic are such players. They should take spotkicks


    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    My question is unanswered.


    And the talk about us being psychologically affected after the penalty miss, this argument applies to Juve but not to Spurs who came back from a 2 goal deficit ? Are we such a mentally weak team that we cant recover from a penalty miss ? Are we so poor offensively that we couldnt create more chances ?

    Let's face it. It's just convenient to blame Higuain because he has a past history of choking.
    Higuain is a great player. I just dont want him to take spotkicks if there is pressure. Higuain is the best player in the world in terms of reaction shooting, of instinct.

    But if he has to think and ponder, his nerves kill him.


    I would never let him take spotkicks.
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  4. #8904
    Juventuz champion Albo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kosovë
    Posts
    9,489
    Cash
    7,077
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Great $#@!ing game from him , he was simply great , our best player last night,and yes I really dislike this guy , but he was monster !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    290



    Sorry for my English

  5. #8905
    Juventuz champion Vialli_92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,053
    Cash
    12,626
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo View Post
    Great $#@!ing game from him , he was simply great , our best player last night,and yes I really dislike this guy , but he was monster !


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #8906
    Optimist Prime

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75,327
    Cash
    203,305
    Mentioned
    2340 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Or how about you stop being a douchebag for once just coz you disagree with someone...

    This is about Higuain and this is about last night's result. It has direct relation to the ongoing discussion in this particular thread.

    If you don't like to read it, just go $#@! yourself or put me on ignore(wasn't I on your ignore anyway?)
    lol someone insulting you for disagreeing?

    :shock:
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  7. #8907
    Juventuz regular The Quazis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,327
    Cash
    5,798
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    You can blame him for the penalty (an isolated situation) and call him a choker, while not blaiming him for the entirety of the game and praise his general performance.
    I agree my friend but saying that the missed penalty or that counter with Pjanic led to us to drawing the game is wrong in my opinion. We could have been 3:1 up and still end up drawing. Why I think that way? Because our two quick goals didn't prevent Spurs playing their game. Why should we assume that they would stop playing being 3:1 down after the first half?

  8. #8908
    King of Chlamydia Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,623
    Cash
    122,507
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    I agree my friend but saying that the missed penalty or that counter with Pjanic led to us to drawing the game is wrong in my opinion. We could have been 3:1 up and still end up drawing. Why I think that way? Because our two quick goals didn't prevent Spurs playing their game. Why should we assume that they would stop playing being 3:1 down after the first half?
    Absolutely. Higuain didn't cost us the game. Actually he prevented us losing it [to some extend]. Still a choker tho
    Much Love, bitches!

  9. #8909
    Sangue Blu GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,264
    Cash
    3,247
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Or how about you stop being a douchebag for once just coz you disagree with someone...

    This is about Higuain and this is about last night's result. It has direct relation to the ongoing discussion in this particular thread.

    If you don't like to read it, just go $#@! yourself or put me on ignore(wasn't I on your ignore anyway?)
    Soon he will start claiming the moral high ground over you because he works with a guy in a wheelchair. Dont even bother with him

    - - - Updated - - -

    And btw, blaming higuain is kind of weird to me, he was our best performer last night and by some distance too.

    Buffon and khedira however , absolute shocking. This immunity towards criticue for them is bull$hit. They are Both past it and should let younger players get a chance
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  10. #8910
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,216
    Cash
    26,344
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Higuain: ‘It’s easy to talk’
    By Football Italia staff

    Gonzalo Higuain says “it’s easy to talk from a sofa or an armchair” after Juventus blew a 2-0 lead against Tottenham Hotspur.

    The English side became the first to overturn a 2-0 deficit since the Bianconeri moved to their new stadium in 2011, and the first to score twice there since January 2017.

    Higuain scored twice within in the first 10 minutes, but he later missed a penalty and Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen earned Spurs a draw.

    “Good morning everyone,” Pipita posted on his Instagram page.

    “It’s easy to talk after the game from a sofa or an armchair… until 2-0 everything was perfect, after the 2-2 the judgement changes quickly.

    “We’re not really interested in these voices. Let’s go to London to secure this qualification, a hug to everyone who truly wants good things for Juventus.”

    He's so sensitive, so weak mentally

    Kinda like that other useless turd nugget in midfield who felt the need to bully a kid on social media
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  11. #8911
    Juventuz regular BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,193
    Cash
    5,390
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Higuain: ‘It’s easy to talk’
    By Football Italia staff

    Gonzalo Higuain says “it’s easy to talk from a sofa or an armchair” after Juventus blew a 2-0 lead against Tottenham Hotspur.

    The English side became the first to overturn a 2-0 deficit since the Bianconeri moved to their new stadium in 2011, and the first to score twice there since January 2017.

    Higuain scored twice within in the first 10 minutes, but he later missed a penalty and Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen earned Spurs a draw.

    “Good morning everyone,” Pipita posted on his Instagram page.

    “It’s easy to talk after the game from a sofa or an armchair… until 2-0 everything was perfect, after the 2-2 the judgement changes quickly.

    “We’re not really interested in these voices. Let’s go to London to secure this qualification, a hug to everyone who truly wants good things for Juventus.”

    He's so sensitive, so weak mentally

    Kinda like that other useless turd nugget in midfield who felt the need to bully a kid on social media
    To be fair, the players are also humans. But if he cant handle criticism from fans he shouldnt really be on the social media train - with all that $#@! we got with it.

  12. #8912
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22,830
    Cash
    38,869
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    To be fair, the players are also humans. But if he cant handle criticism from fans he shouldnt really be on the social media train - with all that $#@! we got with it.
    He gets $#@! from the fans all the time. That's the problem.
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  13. #8913
    Juventuz regular

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,749
    Cash
    4,160
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Higuain could have won the game for us but missed two golden opportunities

  14. #8914
    Juventuz addict Stephan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Juventuz
    Posts
    14,912
    Cash
    8,641
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    Yeah, but he's only human. You don't expect Chiellini to stop every attack by himself and Pjanič to make every pass an assist, why do you demand 4 goals in 45 minutes from Higuain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I said the game is in the details.

    This human crap is bs im sorry. If your highest paid and bought striker cant score pen to put us 3-1 up before ht then it deserves some blame. Saw the game from uk channel and theh absolutely admitted that if Juve had converted that pen it would have been a completely different HT talk.

    Higuain himself probably got affected by this miss as he didnt show up 2nd half.
    GDC gave me infraction for this post.

    Do you actually read the post before you do this? Who did i insult here? Who?

    @GordoDeCentral

  15. #8915
    wannabe Bart Simpson Sad Statue's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,853
    Cash
    1,558
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesterday he was awesome. Took his 2 goals nicely. Run a lot. Kept the ball. Spread the play. And gave a fight for every single ball.

    But he still chocked. He should have scored from the counter attack and finish Tottenham off. Or score the penalty and send them for half time with another goal on their back. But he chocked.

    Playing well and choking are different things. He's a finisher and our most well paid player. Is it ok to not score after a certain amount of goals scored? No. You have to try and score from every single chance you have. That's how you finish off matches.

    For now, he has kept us in the game. He could have finished it off for us though. Trezeguet was playing for a much more defensive Juventus, getting just 1 or 2 chances per game. And he made it count. Clutch player.

    I like Higuain a lot. But maybe he has a lot of the Juve European choking mentality in him. And we needed our record signing striker to help us get away from that mentality.

  16. #8916
    Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,475
    Cash
    6,421
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    He def choced but he was the only one who tried to make something happened and scored a brilliant goal.

  17. #8917
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    33,924
    Cash
    37,588
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Actually could well be. We have history of choking it in CL.

    Also yes we were limited last nigt offensively.
    Berna plays CM cause Matuidi is out.
    Mandzu got injured but couldnt be replaced cause we already missed Dybala and Cuads. Instead we can only bring on mids who are hardly game changers in Sturaro, Asamoah, Benta.

    Its easy to criticize Allegri but last night he didnt have game changing subs to make. Usually Allegri always makes good subs but he had nothing to bring on.

    Barzagli might have improved us defensively. Matuidi would have shut the shop in midfield. That means Berna could have played more offensive role even yesterday. Lack of fresh legs in offense to bring on last night. Cuads could have come on to right side. Costa move to left to take Mandzu off and Dybala or Berna play just behind Higuain.
    Do not agree about him not having options from bench.

    Why, for starters, he goes an all out attack formation he never uses. He knew he had injured players, why go 4231 with ALL our atatcker in the line up and no bench? Just why?

    He never does that even against the beneventos of the world buthe does against totenham in a crunch tie? He is sooo conservative with his line ups everygame using the same plan, but goes all gung ho in this game with an injured ridden bench.

    I just cant understand this.

    He could have gone 433 and bench costa or mandz, while using a line of 3 mids. We have bene using this with success, and is the only way we can balance this team anyways.

    Its all on him IMO
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  18. #8918
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,456
    Cash
    10,483
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Absolutely. Higuain didn't cost us the game. Actually he prevented us losing it [to some extend]. Still a choker tho
    What’s with the puke worthy avatar?

  19. #8919
    Founder of Hism Hist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,280
    Cash
    12,790
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    What's your point?
    Every goal he scored in that game was under very high pressure. He wasn't in choke mode or he would have missed the first goal or the second.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

  20. #8920
    King of Chlamydia Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    14,623
    Cash
    122,507
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    What’s with the puke worthy avatar?
    After 23 years as a Juve fan, where I have endured Calciopoli, Capello-football and five CL-finals without a win, I've found it necessary to support a team that will delight me with great attacking football and Champions League victories

    BLAUGRANA!
    Much Love, bitches!

Similar Threads

  1. Gonzalo Higuaín - CF - Napoli
    By Alex-444 in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 4575
    Last Post: 26.07.2016, 15:43
  2. Gonzalo Higuaín
    By Tommy in forum Scouting Network
    Replies: 472
    Last Post: 16.02.2016, 09:30
  3. Replies: 8972
    Last Post: 24.07.2013, 11:38
  4. Argentine defender Gonzalo Rodríguez to go to Juve?
    By magosantana81 in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 378
    Last Post: 12.06.2004, 01:49
  5. "In March they're coming for Gonzalo (Rodríguez) and Romagnoli"
    By magosantana81 in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 07.05.2004, 17:45

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •