Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 445

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

5 2.22%
  • 6-10

3 1.33%
  • 11-15

7 3.11%
  • 16-20

30 13.33%
  • 21-25

49 21.78%
  • 26-30

68 30.22%
  • 31-35

27 12.00%
  • 36+

36 16.00%
Page 445 of 501 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 10019

Cash
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddy View Post
    Your team is up 2-1, but under heavy pressure from a well playing attacking side, who have forced you way too far back for it to be comfortable- Out of nowhere you get a penalty, your star player (at tiems world class) is to take it; the goal have great importance as it will relieve some pressure, destroy the better team's momentum and put us up 3-1.

If missing that penalty isn't choking, then you must be $#@!en high.

Miss Piggy played a good game, but that penalty kick was pathetic.
    What about scoring the first goal.. was he under pressure to score then? Yes

What about the second goal. A chance to bury the game. Was it pressure? yes.

The rest of the team got tottenham back in the game. He did his part in putting us 2 goals up at home.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hist View Post

What about the second goal. A chance to bury the game. Was it pressure? yes.

The rest of the team got tottenham back in the game. He did his part in putting us 2 goals up at home.
    What's your point?
    Much Love, bitches!

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hist View Post

What about the second goal. A chance to bury the game. Was it pressure? yes

This.

And you all know i called him choker before as well. But a missed penalty? Happened to the best players in the world. Not enough to lable him a choker.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    And you all know i called him choker before as well. But a missed penalty? Happened to the best players in the world. Not enough to lable him a choker.
    What an inconsistent line of reasoning.

1. Called him a choker before.

2. Missed a vital penalty. Shouldn't be considered 'cause other players have missed a penalty (this is a red herring btw.) and therefore it is not enough to call him a choker.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    He's the last one that should be blamed for yesterday's result.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Quazis View Post
    He's the last one that should be blamed for yesterday's result.
    You can blame him for the penalty (an isolated situation) and call him a choker, while not blaiming him for the entirety of the game and praise his general performance.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    1. Called him a choker before.

2. Missed a vital penalty. Shouldn't be considered 'cause other players have missed a penalty (this is a red herring btw.), and therefore it is not enough to call him a choker.
    So? I did, but It just wasn't the case for me yesterday. He did not play like a choker. Scored two goals, both of them could have been vital. Missing a penalty happens, it does, and is often down to luck, and not necessarely choking. What else you wanna hear?

Penalties are just too much of a gamble for me to blame a miss solely on the taker being a choker and tag him as such.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think Maddy makes a fine point here. Some people here are like watching football first year.

The game is in the details. Higuain missed pen and the counter goal with Pjanic. That would have put us 4 at ht. Instead it was 2-1 and psychologically missing a pen is often the catalyst into the reaction of the opponent. Tottenham gained belief and they had nothing to lose anyway after going behind. Just attack attack attack. Now add errors at our back and there you go.

Cash
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I think Maddy makes a fine point here. Some people here are like watching football first year.

The game is in the details. Higuain missed pen and the counter goal with Pjanic. That would have put us 4 at ht. Instead it was 2-1 and psychologically missing a pen is often the catalyst into the reaction of the opponent. Tottenham gained belief and they had nothing to lose anyway after going behind. Just attack attack attack. Now add errors at our back and there you go.
    Yeah, but he's only human. You don't expect Chiellini to stop every attack by himself and Pjanič to make every pass an assist, why do you demand 4 goals in 45 minutes from Higuain?

Cash
    Mentioned
    2079 Post(s)
    Higuain shouldnt take penalties with pressure.

The first penalty was "lol lets go 2-0".
    The second however, was gonna change the game.

I was completely expecting him to miss the second one. And he did.

Why the $#@! isnt berna or Pjanic taking spotkicks ?
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I said the game is in the details.

This human crap is bs im sorry. If your highest paid and bought striker cant score pen to put us 3-1 up before ht then it deserves some blame. Saw the game from uk channel and theh absolutely admitted that if Juve had converted that pen it would have been a completely different HT talk.

Higuain himself probably got affected by this miss as he didnt show up 2nd half.

Cash
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    There are plenty of other players to criticize like Khedira, Buffon, Chiellini etc who were all directly responsible for the draw but instead the player who was by far the best on the night for us gets bashed for missing a penalty.

I'm sorry but he did his job alright. The rest of the team let him down on the night.

And aren't we talking about this super Juventus who hasn't conceded a goal in 16 games ? Where was our defensive strength ?
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    There are plenty of other players to criticize like Khedira, Buffon, Chiellini etc who were all directly responsible for the draw but instead the player who was by far the best on the night for us gets bashed for missing a penalty.

I'm sorry but he did his job alright. The rest of the team let him down on the night.

And aren't we talking about this super Juventus who hasn't conceded a goal in 16 games ? Where was our defensive strength ?
    Fallacy upon fallacy.

The feeble-minded lose the nuances so quickly.

You can blame him for the penalty (an isolated situation) and call him a choker, while not blaiming him for the entirety of the game and praise his general performance.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post

Why the $#@! isnt berna or Pjanic taking spotkicks ?
    Maybe they didn't feel like taking a PK? We don't know.

Forcing a normally deadly player from the spot into taking a PK has been proven to be a mistake plenty of times before. If you have a bunch of Penalty takers, you let the player shoot that feels the most confident. Might have been Higgy in this case.

If Dybala would have been there, he probably would have taken them, not sure it that would have been better, looking at his last PK's.

Cash
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    My question is unanswered.

And the talk about us being psychologically affected after the penalty miss, this argument applies to Juve but not to Spurs who came back from a 2 goal deficit ? Are we such a mentally weak team that we cant recover from a penalty miss ? Are we so poor offensively that we couldnt create more chances ?

Let's face it. It's just convenient to blame Higuain because he has a past history of choking.

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Higuain is our best paid player and most expensive striker/player we ever bought. I think it does deserve some criticism in us going to HT 3-1 or even 4-1 considering the counter attack with Pjanic.

We would have been able to hold on better had we had Matuidi. He was precisely bought for improving our midfield and he would have improved it largely last night.

I already said in other thread Buffon is to blame for sure for the freekick. The first one is harsh cause offside trap failed him which actually Sandro was the guilty party but seems to be ignored here.

Then add other factors. Berna is playing CM when he isnt one. Didnt think Bentancur did well when he came on and he is a CM.

We bought Matuidi imo after the CL final loss. He would have made a huge difference. Maybe we should look to get a better backup physical DM then cause Sturaro is not in the level to compete in CL (see the Bayern game). Marchisio is not as good as he used to be with injury issues and form with lack of playing time but lets not forget he isnt a physical mid either so he would not have made a huge difference. Then you have useless space fillers in squad like Asamoah. Why we keep putting that guy to CL roster? Its time to promote some youngsters then.

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    My question is unanswered.

And the talk about us being psychologically affected after the penalty miss, this argument applies to Juve but not to Spurs who came back from a 2 goal deficit ? Are we such a mentally weak team that we cant recover from a penalty miss ? Are we so poor offensively that we couldnt create more chances ?

Let's face it. It's just convenient to blame Higuain because he has a past history of choking.
    Look up Red Herring. Now stay on topic and stop your feeble-minded derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's $#@!en irrelevant to discuss the team and other players errors and performances last night. This discussion is about Higuain.
    Much Love, bitches!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1753 Post(s)
    I'll send you a red herring for christmas. PM me your address.

Penalties are just too much of a gamble for me to blame a miss solely on the taker being a choker.
    You'll have to live with that i guess, cause that's how i see it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Look up Red Herring. Now stay on topic and stop your feeble-minded derailing.

- - - Updated - - -

It's $#@!en irrelevant to discuss the team and other players errors and performances last night. This discussion is about Higuain.
    Or how about you stop being a douchebag for once just coz you disagree with someone...

This is about Higuain and this is about last night's result. It has direct relation to the ongoing discussion in this particular thread.

If you don't like to read it, just go $#@! yourself or put me on ignore(wasn't I on your ignore anyway?)

Cash
    Mentioned
    449 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAiDEViL View Post
    I'll send you a red herring for christmas. PM me your address.
    Still Teaching Kids
    Douchebag Avenue 1
    2000, Asshole Copenhagen
    Glorious Denmark
    Much Love, bitches!