Gonzalo Higuaín - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 425

View Poll Results: How many Goals will Pipita score this season in all comp?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5

5 2.22%
  • 6-10

3 1.33%
  • 11-15

7 3.11%
  • 16-20

30 13.33%
  • 21-25

49 21.78%
  • 26-30

68 30.22%
  • 31-35

27 12.00%
  • 36+

36 16.00%
Page 425 of 425 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425
Results 8,481 to 8,487 of 8487

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duranfj View Post
    I honestly don't think anyone here was against the transfer but about the price tag
    I agree. That seems to be the case it all sports that the more money a player costs, the more that is expected of them. More pressure on the player, but rightfully so.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1512 Post(s)
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    1086 Post(s)
    Fat boy slim.
    Lo stile Juve

"Simplicity, professionalism and sobriety"

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Gonzalo has delivered what we needed: goals. If you look at his stats at Juve, he is far from bad, altough not as good as his Napoli days. : 44 goals in 83 appearances for us is pretty acceptable numbers for a striker. 90 mill was maybe a bitt stiff, but he did a decent job.

Then you have to consider our way of football: When Higuain played with Napoli they were one of the highest scoring teams in Europe. They had a thing for trashing small teams, often with a big scoreline. Pipa had his share of easy goals in those fixtures. Then you have Juve, who often control those type of games, score a couple and then rest ourselves for bigger tasks.

The problem now is that he is declining and we need to look for a replacement sooner rather than later. He will never be the same player as he was in Napoli and we should start to acknowledge this.

His pace, physical condition and overall athleticism has naturally declined. Now he is more of a target man than anything else. The days where he can take on 2 defenders on his own and outmanoeuvre them is over.

We should dictate him to work around the box, not spend all his energy chasing down opponents in pressing. This is what i also see him do a lot: work in areas of the pitch where he is not a threat. i dont get it.

Focus his work on doing basic things and what he does best: receive the ball in the box and finish. I know it might sound very underwhelming, but i believe he can be a much more effective weapon if Max stops expecting him to drop down and start our build-ups all the time.

He is still a usefull player, but limited. I hope he improves after the break. best of luck.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

Cash
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    Gonzalo has delivered what we needed: goals. If you look at his stats at Juve, he is far from bad, altough not as good as his Napoli days. : 44 goals in 83 appearances for us is pretty acceptable numbers for a striker. 90 mill was maybe a bitt stiff, but he did a decent job.

Then you have to consider our way of football: When Higuain played with Napoli they were one of the highest scoring teams in Europe. They had a thing for trashing small teams, often with a big scoreline. Pipa had his share of easy goals in those fixtures. Then you have Juve, who often control those type of games, score a couple and then rest ourselves for bigger tasks.

The problem now is that he is declining and we need to look for a replacement sooner rather than later. He will never be the same player as he was in Napoli and we should start to acknowledge this.

His pace, physical condition and overall athleticism has naturally declined. Now he is more of a target man than anything else. The days where he can take on 2 defenders on his own and outmanoeuvre them is over.

We should dictate him to work around the box, not spend all his energy chasing down opponents in pressing. This is what i also see him do a lot: work in areas of the pitch where he is not a threat. i dont get it.

Focus his work on doing basic things and what he does best: receive the ball in the box and finish. I know it might sound very underwhelming, but i believe he can be a much more effective weapon if Max stops expecting him to drop down and start our build-ups all the time.

He is still a usefull player, but limited. I hope he improves after the break. best of luck.

Bolded part.

yes, that is one of the reasons why him and dybala are not veing too effective. They spend way too much time trying to create without much help...and roaming way too much. All for the sake of the team, under orders... but ultimately they are being sacrificed.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    Bolded part.

yes, that is one of the reasons why him and dybala are not veing too effective. They spend way too much time trying to create without much help...and roaming way too much. All for the sake of the team, under orders... but ultimately they are being sacrificed.
    Im trying to wrap my head around this. Why are we so demanding of a striker to work in the midfield or chase down defenders/midfielders? makes no sense unless you have a Firminho type of player that works as a semi playmaker/false 9. And Dybala too, as you pointed out suffers from this, because he is without a doubt most effective when in possesion and in offensive areas (outside the box or in the penalty area).

My guess would be the mentality and type of pressing/buid up game Max expects from his players generally: they are all expected to work in a collective form of press/build up. The thing i struggle to see is why you would employ a lethal type of striker (like Higuain) and an elegant creator (dybala) to do a Mandzukic-escue type of labour where he literally spends a huge amount of his energy chasing down players, when what they do 95% of the time is whack the ball forward. Energy wasted.
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

Cash
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GiocataGrande View Post
    Im trying to wrap my head around this. Why are we so demanding of a striker to work in the midfield or chase down defenders/midfielders? makes no sense unless you have a Firminho type of player that works as a semi playmaker/false 9. And Dybala too, as you pointed out suffers from this, because he is without a doubt most effective when in possesion and in offensive areas (outside the box or in the penalty area).

My guess would be the mentality and type of pressing/buid up game Max expects from his players generally: they are all expected to work in a collective form of press/build up. The thing i struggle to see is why you would employ a lethal type of striker (like Higuain) and an elegant creator (dybala) to do a Mandzukic-escue type of labour where he literally spends a huge amount of his energy chasing down players, when what they do 95% of the time is whack the ball forward. Energy wasted.

Well,

My take on this is that this has to do with the italian football school and italian coaching mentality in general. Italian coaches are very conservative in their football,, even when trying to be offensive. We need to remember that they come from a very defensive coaching heritage. They value defending as an art, and as true calcio.

In our case, for Allegri, is of utmost importance to keep lines in order, to not concede above anything...even if this means we will not score. Thats the priority, and if the 11 players need to defend for this objective, then so be it. The goals can come after that. Thats it. And can i see from where he comes. He has gotten results this way, and we have won some good victories in europe because of this.

Sadly , well, this comes with a price, and is our lack of offensive build up and offensive game in general. If you see our games... we struggle a lot to create with possesion, we are very hit and miss and rely mostly on crosses or an individual effort. This is because i think we are not accustomed to this kind of scenario. Also We lack players with sublime talent for our offensive plays. yes we have pjanic, dybala and bernardeschi but thats it. Our offensive gameplan is not polished enough.

If you add to this the physical strain our offensive players are always under, because of being pressing without the ball at their feet...well then you have what we have now.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please