Medhi Benatia (4 Viewers)

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Welcome my brother benatia. Wish you a successful an injury free season.

But just gotta iterate. This is a superb signing. Beppe does it again!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Benatia signing delayed?
By Football Italia staff

Medhi Benatia may not officially join Juventus until tomorrow, due to passport problems and an extended medical.

The Bayern Munich defender is in Turin to sign for the Bianconeri, and has been taking his medical at the J Medical centre.

The rigorous medical tests have taken some time, with a delay for Benatia to have lunch, but it’s not thought there are any problems.

In addition, the Moroccan international had a small bureaucratic issue with his passport, but calciomercato.it reports that this has now been resolved.

While the deal will still go ahead, it’s now expected to be made official tomorrow morning, rather than today.

Benatia has therefore been unable to join up with his new teammates, who are training at Vinovo.

- - - Updated - - -

Jinxed already but the thread opener.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Benatia signing delayed?
By Football Italia staff

Medhi Benatia may not officially join Juventus until tomorrow, due to passport problems and an extended medical.

The Bayern Munich defender is in Turin to sign for the Bianconeri, and has been taking his medical at the J Medical centre.

The rigorous medical tests have taken some time, with a delay for Benatia to have lunch, but it’s not thought there are any problems.

In addition, the Moroccan international had a small bureaucratic issue with his passport, but calciomercato.it reports that this has now been resolved.

While the deal will still go ahead, it’s now expected to be made official tomorrow morning, rather than today.

Benatia has therefore been unable to join up with his new teammates, who are training at Vinovo.

- - - Updated - - -

Jinxed already but the thread opener.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Defence set for next 5 years with him, Rugani and Bonucci.

Although I would make a small wager that Bonucci sees minutes in midfield this year. :snoop:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Mostly welcome!
Indeed Benatia is not perfect and yes he is overrated, yet he is among the best defenders one can find now.
I kept tabs to the defenders used in this Euro and i was extremely dissapointed.
After Chiellini's generation defender quality has been collapsed in unprecedented standards.
I was spoiled in the past, as in Juve and Italy had amongst the words best and i am accustomed to a very high quality level, yet there simply is no more.Judging by Cannavro, Ferrara and Thuram standards, Bonucci and Benatia are mediocre, yet simply there are no better options in their generation.
As we use a 3 man defense and Barzagli is growing too old to be a starter in each and every game, whilst Chiellini's injurues are now a constant, we really need one more reliable option besides the growing star Rugani, so that we can take can maximise all of our tools and let injuries, fatigue and suspension get the better of us at critical moments in the season.

Benatia is coming at the best age for a defender, ready to offer a reliable solution here and now!
He comes with a very reasonable deal too! Dont worty about rotation, Allegri is masterclass at handling that, he will find a space forvall, make them all feel useful and gradually introduce them at minimal risk for them and the team.

After a top class midfielder, we got a top class defender and if we get a top class finisher, this is bound to be our best transfer season since calciopoli, finally quality over quantity!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)