Medhi Benatia - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 25
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Medhi Benatia

Cash
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Experience is important, but what made the BBC truly fearsome is their co-ordination and understanding as a unit, in a 3 man defensive line. I'm not sure the current Barzagli, Chiellini, or Benatia are better than Rugani. I feel the better player should play, and at this point, it is Rugani. He is quicker, his positioning is impeccable, great timing, aerial prowess, and solid anticipation.
    You may be right about Rugani being the quicker and better defender at this point (although it's definitely not a big difference in my eyes), but BBC have several top top level matches behind them and Rugani has none, we've no idea how he'd fare with the pressure and I don't think this is a good moment to find out. NBA is a good example, it's often the case that the same players put up completely different numbers in regular season and playoff matches. Besides, while we may be aware of Rugani's fast growth, most of the other players fear BBC way more than someone like Rugani, Muriel's recent interview is a good example:

My first game? It was with Lecce in 2012, we lost at home. They had [Andrea] Barzagli, [Leonardo] Bonucci and [Giorgio] Chiellini, they’re still there. They’re the pillars of the team, true examples on the pitch who push everyone to want more. They’re the secret to Juventus’ success. The toughest? Barzagli, he’s fast, technical and really good in one-on-ones.

I bet that's how most of the attackers feel about BBC before a game against Juve. Not sure it's the case against Rugani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    I am a part of the anal triangle

Cash
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    CL experience is crucial tho.
    Yes and no. When age catches up to you, and your legs can't do what your brain wants them to, then you become a liability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    You may be right about Rugani being the quicker and better defender at this point (although it's definitely not a big difference in my eyes), but BBC have several top top level matches behind them and Rugani has none, we've no idea how he'd fare with the pressure and I don't think this is a good moment to find out. NBA is a good example, it's often the case that the same players put up completely different numbers in regular season and playoff matches. Besides, while we may be aware of Rugani's fast growth, most of the other players fear BBC way more than someone like Rugani, Muriel's recent interview is a good example:

My first game? It was with Lecce in 2012, we lost at home. They had [Andrea] Barzagli, [Leonardo] Bonucci and [Giorgio] Chiellini, they’re still there. They’re the pillars of the team, true examples on the pitch who push everyone to want more. They’re the secret to Juventus’ success. The toughest? Barzagli, he’s fast, technical and really good in one-on-ones.

I bet that's how most of the attackers feel about BBC before a game against Juve. Not sure it's the case against Rugani.
    I understand what you are saying, but look at Dirk Nowitzki and Vince Carter. Both were great players in their prime, but they won't be willing their teams to victory come playoff time, because they simply aren't good enough to do that anymore. Sometimes youthful exuberance and hunger trumps experience. I know who I'd rather start in a 2 man defense against Barca. However, if we revert back to a 3 man backline, we should most definitely stick with the BBC.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    Yes and no. When age catches up to you, and your legs can't do what your brain wants them to, then you become a liability.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand what you are saying, but look at Dirk Nowitzki and Vince Carter. Both were great players in their prime, but they won't be willing their teams to victory come playoff time, because they simply aren't good enough to do that anymore. Sometimes youthful exuberance and hunger trumps experience. I know who I'd rather start in a 2 man defense against Barca. However, if we revert back to a 3 man backline, we should most definitely stick with the BBC.
    Right. I can see the 5-3-2 formation happening if we happen to lead on aggregate at any point of time.

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Its a difficult situation... mostly because i dont know how rugani will act against this 3 monsters in a do or die top level clash.

Like someone said.. i dont know if its worth the gamble to find out.

On the other hand..physically IMO he is ready to face anyone.... but experience matters too. Lets hope Allegri figures
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Don't sign Benatia. Good player but we have a bunch of injury prone defenders already. Why splash so much cash for another one that is also aging.
    You take forever to say nothing.

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Yeh, im against this. Great player but he is unreliable. He will cost a lot of money taking in consideration his injuries. IMO is not a great signing... because the moment he gets tickled by anything and injures..we will rage for sure.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak! View Post
    Don't sign Benatia. Good player but we have a bunch of injury prone defenders already. Why splash so much cash for another one that is also aging.
    he's 30, and if you consider barza still being at his best last season, benatia might easily have an other 3-4 good seasons ahead of him. benatia is class on his better days, speaks perfect italian, he's happy at juve, and also 17m for a very good central defender is chips on today's market. with this move, and knowing that we have caldara, lirola and spinazzola in the bag, our defense will be solid for the next couple of seasons.

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Still, if he's unavailable 6/7 days, why not have some more reliable defender? I agree he's good, no doubt. But a backup that needs a backup is...

Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk
    You take forever to say nothing.

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    he's 30, and if you consider barza still being at his best last season, benatia might easily have an other 3-4 good seasons ahead of him. benatia is class on his better days, speaks perfect italian, he's happy at juve, and also 17m for a very good central defender is chips on today's market. with this move, and knowing that we have caldara, lirola and spinazzola in the bag, our defense will be solid for the next couple of seasons
    The problem is not his skill or age. Those are fine.

The problem is that bayern wants to get rid of him for the same reasons we are struggling to play him right now, injury prone.

Its a gamble to buy him, an expensive one which doesnt look in favour of us, because its clear he cant stay fit
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Are we struggling to play him? Problem been too many CBs more then injured too often so far. It's only this latest injury that have been a hassle, otherwise he generally been available but have not started much due to abundance of quality CBs.

Both Chiellini and Barzagli been more injured then him.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

“I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death.” - Stephen Colbert

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Also the afcon. Felt like he was away forever

Cash
    Mentioned
    1433 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sallyinzaghi View Post
    Also the afcon. Felt like he was away forever
    That was the main absence, but he has not had a long injury so far. Until recently after Milan game, its been brief layoffs but mainly just waiting around to play or NT duty.
    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

“I may not agree with what you have to say but I will fight you to the death for the right to fight you to the death.” - Stephen Colbert

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did he play all Marocco games in afcon?

Cash
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    KEEP BENATIA obvsly
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Beppe Marotta Is My God Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1234 Post(s)
    We are off course keeping Benatia @Zacheryah
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

Cash
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    I hope that after this game, the board finally make their minds and we dodge this bullet.

He is an expensive waste of money. Give Rugani a go and forget about benati aplz
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I have to admit that his last two games are far for good
    Next year our goal is treble. What an amazing time to be a Juve Fan

Juventino

Cash
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Bull$#@! performance, bull$#@! signing.
    It was destined to have this outcome, I never stopped believing.
    Thank you all, guys. Let's enjoy it, we've earned it hard.
    I was here, you were here. We were here. And we are here at last. We are back.

Alessandro

Cash
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Can we resell him somewhere with a little profit?

Cash
    Mentioned
    2785 Post(s)
    Nope, we're gonna rightfully keep him.