Medhi Benatia - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 3
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 633

Thread: Medhi Benatia

  1. #41
    Forza Vesuvio piotrr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    warsaw
    Posts
    23,930
    Cash
    572,284
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)
    Dear Medhi,
    In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Juventus fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the new season today.

    But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Juventus, you're not just a player, you a Juventus player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

    Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

    I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

    Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Juventus is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

    Juventus' great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Juventus fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

    In some ways, Medhi, welcome home.

  2. #42
    Capo di tutti capi j0ker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Greater Albania
    Posts
    17,289
    Cash
    21,264
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    IJudging by Cannavro, Ferrara and Thuram standards, Bonucci and Benatia are mediocre, yet simply there are no better options in their generation.
    Did everyone miss this?

  3. #43
    Capo di tutti capi j0ker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Greater Albania
    Posts
    17,289
    Cash
    21,264
    Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Piotrr

  4. #44
    maitre'd at Canal Bar Jem83's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    20,950
    Cash
    16,774
    Mentioned
    997 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Dear Medhi,
    In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Juventus fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the new season today.

    But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Juventus, you're not just a player, you a Juventus player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

    Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

    I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

    Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Juventus is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

    Juventus' great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Juventus fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

    In some ways, Medhi, welcome home.
    Dal paradiso all'inferno, Juve in eterno.


  5. #45
    Tzu Dostoevsky's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Drusanville
    Posts
    77,452
    Cash
    99,751
    Mentioned
    1869 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    Yah. Btw I still think Dusan pulled a $#@! move with not waiting for Cheesio to open this thread.
    I opened only because Mark told me to cause there was no Cheesio around when he tagged him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesio View Post
    The series A version of him was really good, thought that he lost a little pace with all the injuries, looked really slow when i watched him last year, but he's still reads the game very and he's good with the ball and good in the air.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, Dusan is a $#@!
    No.

      Spoiler:
    ... but yeah, I am.
    Pirlo has no equal in Europe, Vidal is a champion. And Marchisio, though little noticed, when he is one hundred per cent [he too] is a champion.
    commentator: "...marchisio.... hardly mentioned his name tonight"

  6. #46
    Juventuz legend Klovn's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19,350
    Cash
    14,775
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

  7. #47
    Juventuz star duranfj's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,578
    Cash
    9,168
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Amazing deal... Welcome Medhi
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity". E.A.P.

    "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd" M.D.C.

  8. #48
    Founder of Hism Hist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    8,762
    Cash
    11,619
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrr View Post
    Dear Medhi,
    In this crazy world we live in, someone you've never heard of or will probably never meet, feels, as a Juventus fan, that its ok to write to you on an internet page to say welcome. But here I am, and there you are, somewhere, preparing for the new season today.

    But I'm writing this with real meaning when I say welcome, because you are now at a club that is different, and a club where the fans genuinely care about their team. Now I'm quite sure every fan of any team would say that, but at Juventus, you're not just a player, you a Juventus player and that means you're part of our family. You are now one of us, and you are now family (you're welcome round for tea anytime mate).

    Welcome to a bond with a set of fans that will not just sing your name, but look out for you, welcome to a ground where the feeling is different, a sense of history, family and warmth, of times shared and where the outside world and press are invited in but never truly part of it, welcome to a place, a sense of place, a culture that sets us apart from the rest of them.

    I've read about your upbringing, it must be very odd to have your everyday shared with millions, your history available for analysis and comment by strangers, and then to be called 'crazy' by these people who haven't a clue. They are the crazy folk, they are the ones who think its ok to write about other people as if they are professional pyschologists, mind readers and judges of character. Not you.

    Well, welcome to a club that sets apart from that world. Juventus is a club that does it differently, where the emotions are heartfelt not invented, the flags are fabric not plastic and the noise deafeningly sincere.

    Juventus' great players have all been special, and different and gifted and marvellous to watch, and all of them acknowledge the club has a special place in their hearts. You are brilliant at your job, wonderful to watch, and you arriving here has made a lot of people excited. You have the gift of creating emotion in men's hearts, that's the real meaning of football, and I hope I speak for all Juventus fans when I say, have the best time of your life here, have a great career and score lots of goals sure, but really, truly, have a great life whilst at our club.

    In some ways, Medhi, welcome home.
    wtf
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

  9. #49
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amauriville, USA
    Posts
    68,095
    Cash
    185,843
    Mentioned
    1953 Post(s)
    Piotrr

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=W;5318706]http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...ostcount=29847

    [/QUOTE @Alex-444
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

  10. #50
    Juventuz star Juvellino's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,024
    Cash
    8,202
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri


    "Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

  11. #51
    Legendary G.O.A.T Xperd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    20,572
    Cash
    33,949
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    VERRATTI IS A FANTASY AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE

  12. #52
    Juventuz champion Amer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    5,740
    Cash
    7,706
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

  13. #53
    ThirtyFour PhRoZeN's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    jUKay
    Posts
    10,969
    Cash
    12,038
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    @piotrr, can you share some articles about his upbringing. Wouldnt mind a good read.
    Conte - Brought us back to the top of Italy
    Allegri - Bringing us to the top of Europe

  14. #54
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,378
    Cash
    11,340
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    that's cute.


  15. #55
    Schwarzenegger fanboy Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    19,095
    Cash
    16,406
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Great player. How much we paid for him? Was a beast in Serie A for both Udinese and Roma. I didn't watch him at Bayern though. Bayern tend to ruin players. Can score a goal also. Hope he will do good here. He got tough competition though. I see him as Barzagli replacement. He can play in a 3 man or in a 4 man defense. Can he sweep though? Like Bonucci?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    Mostly welcome!
    Indeed Benatia is not perfect and yes he is overrated, yet he is among the best defenders one can find now.
    I kept tabs to the defenders used in this Euro and i was extremely dissapointed.
    After Chiellini's generation defender quality has been collapsed in unprecedented standards.
    I was spoiled in the past, as in Juve and Italy had amongst the words best and i am accustomed to a very high quality level, yet there simply is no more.Judging by Cannavro, Ferrara and Thuram standards, Bonucci and Benatia are mediocre, yet simply there are no better options in their generation.
    As we use a 3 man defense and Barzagli is growing too old to be a starter in each and every game, whilst Chiellini's injurues are now a constant, we really need one more reliable option besides the growing star Rugani, so that we can take can maximise all of our tools and let injuries, fatigue and suspension get the better of us at critical moments in the season.

    Benatia is coming at the best age for a defender, ready to offer a reliable solution here and now!
    He comes with a very reasonable deal too! Dont worty about rotation, Allegri is masterclass at handling that, he will find a space forvall, make them all feel useful and gradually introduce them at minimal risk for them and the team.

    After a top class midfielder, we got a top class defender and if we get a top class finisher, this is bound to be our best transfer season since calciopoli, finally quality over quantity!
    Ffs!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Khunglongkhelua View Post
    nice post


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by j0ker View Post
    Did everyone miss this?
    I didn't. It was epic!
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

    Trapattoni era, Lippi era, Conte era, Allegri era =

    Juventus = CL final chokers

    Mario Mandžukić = Đilkoš

  16. #56
    Banned

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Cash
    1,500
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell no.

    #DeportAllMuslims #FightForWesternCivilization

  17. #57
    Juventuz star enzo's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    2,541
    Cash
    3,831
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperd View Post
    Kappa Training shirt Still got the same at home. This one and another in black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Völler
    Time to change your sig.

  18. #58
    Schwarzenegger fanboy Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    19,095
    Cash
    16,406
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riker View Post
    Hell no.

    #DeportAllMuslims #FightForWesternCivilization
    Wtf?!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    After a top class midfielder, we got a top class defender and if we get a top class finisher, this is bound to be our best transfer season since calciopoli, finally quality over quantity!
    This is the best part!

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Mark

    Benatia #2 or #4?
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

    Trapattoni era, Lippi era, Conte era, Allegri era =

    Juventus = CL final chokers

    Mario Mandžukić = Đilkoš

  19. #59
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    104,852
    Cash
    12,262
    Mentioned
    1383 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    Kappa Training shirt Still got the same at home. This one and another in black.
    I still have that blue one the kid on the left has on, sometimes when its cold, I put it on and watch TV.
    Ban Cronios

  20. #60
    N.E.R.D. Lapa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Up On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    13,443
    Cash
    7,214
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Looked like a girl. Has he grown balls already?
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

Similar Threads

  1. Medhi Benatia - CB - Bayern Munich
    By Hustini in forum Transfer discussion
    Replies: 881
    Last Post: 14.07.2016, 17:38

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •