Europa League 2016/2017 - Club football - Juventuz Forums - Page 57
Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1165
  1. #1121
    Juventuz bench BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    587
    Cash
    1,800
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Nah. I don't think anyone else can be added to the giants.

    Barca gets there because they have quite a large number of La Liga titles, and their recent dominance in Europe. Not a historical great, but their present allows them in.

    Madrid, Bayern, Juve at the top... because of combined Domestic+Europe

    Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, Barca, United in the same tier, made half a step below.

    Napoli, Dortmund, Celtic, Porto, Inter, Benfica, Rangers, clubs like that a full tier or more below.

    - - - Updated - - -




    I agree. Its funny because some United fans think theyre the biggest club in the world with the biggest history Ffs, United is not even close being the biggest club in the world, when its about history. They got the biggest brand probably, but honestly think they will lose that should they continue being so mediocre.

  2. #1122
    Juventuz star

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,888
    Cash
    6,545
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Nah. I don't think anyone else can be added to the giants.

    Barca gets there because they have quite a large number of La Liga titles, and their recent dominance in Europe. Not a historical great, but their present allows them in.

    Madrid, Bayern, Juve at the top... because of combined Domestic+Europe

    Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, Barca, United in the same tier, made half a step below.

    Napoli, Dortmund, Celtic, Porto, Inter, Benfica, Rangers, clubs like that a full tier or more below.

    - - - Updated - - -




    Benfica should be in the same tier as United.

  3. #1123
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Porto too
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  4. #1124
    Schwarzenegger fanboy Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    18,596
    Cash
    14,937
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    @Marc has turned into a total bitch in this thread. Cheering United and vacation boy on, plus afraid of Barca.
    Not afraid of barca. Just a healthy respect for them. Pogba will always have a place in my heart. He's future France captain and leader.

    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    And saying United got a bigger history than Ajax
    I didn't say that. I said ManUre is a bigger club than Ajax. Ajax's last success came like 30 years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by BayernFan View Post
    Which european clubs would you say being the biggest? Doesent have to be in a specific order.

    Can be both present and historically.
    1. Real Madrid
    2. Bayern
    3. Juventus

    The rest is irrelevant.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @Fr3sh is banned.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Only a complete idiot says this.

    Ajax has twice the history of ManU. It's not even close. The last 15 years don't erase that.

    It's really too bad clubs of such stature have disappeared. That's why a European Super-League would have been interesting starting about 25 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    Man U's history=Fergie's career. That's pitiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Without Fergie:

    7 titles, 1 CL. Dortmund level of club
    You idiots! What is Juve without Lippi and Trapattoni?!
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

  5. #1125
    No good Elvin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    JS
    Posts
    26,091
    Cash
    8,414
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    All-time greatest, in order:

    1. Real Madrid
    2. Juventus
    3. Bayern
    4. Milan
    5. Barcelona
    6. Liverpool
    7. Inter
    8. Man Utd
    9. Ajax
    10. Benfica/Porto

    PS Juve over Bayern because CL became more prestiguous than Serie A (historically the best league where we compete with 2 other global super clubs) only since 1990.

  6. #1126
    Schwarzenegger fanboy Marc's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Rijeka [Croatia]
    Posts
    18,596
    Cash
    14,937
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin View Post
    All-time greatest, in order:

    1. Real Madrid
    2. Juventus
    3. Bayern
    4. Milan
    5. Barcelona
    6. Liverpool
    7. Inter
    8. Man Utd
    9. Ajax
    10. Benfica/Porto

    PS Juve over Bayern because CL became more prestiguous than Serie A (historically the best league where we compete with 2 other global super clubs) only since 1990.
    That's actually pretty good, except PS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Previous winners:

    UEFA Europa League

    2015/16 Sevilla
    2014/15 Sevilla
    2013/14 Sevilla
    2012/13 Chelsea
    2011/12 Atlético
    2010/11 Porto
    2009/10 Atlético
    2008/09 Shakhtar Donetsk
    2007/08 Zenit
    2006/07 Sevilla
    2005/06 Sevilla
    2004/05 CSKA Moskva
    2003/04 Valencia
    2002/03 Porto
    2001/02 Feyenoord
    2000/01 Liverpool
    1999/00 Galatasaray
    1998/99 Parma
    1997/98 Internazionale
    1996/97 Schalke
    1995/96 Bayern
    1994/95 Parma
    1993/94 Internazionale
    1992/93 Juventus
    1991/92 Ajax
    1990/91 Internazionale
    1989/90 Juventus
    1988/89 Napoli
    1987/88 Leverkusen
    1986/87 Göteborg
    1985/86 Real Madrid
    1984/85 Real Madrid
    1983/84 Tottenham
    1982/83 Anderlecht
    1981/82 Göteborg
    1980/81 Ipswich
    1979/80 Frankfurt
    1978/79 Mönchengladbach
    1977/78 PSV
    1976/77 Juventus
    1975/76 Liverpool
    1974/75 Mönchengladbach
    1973/74 Feyenoord
    1972/73 Liverpool
    1971/72 Tottenham

    No AC Milan.
    Hardcore Juventino since 1994. Pipita+La Joya = Trezeguet+Del Piero. Arnold Schwarzenegger = GOD

  7. #1127
    Juventuz bench BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    587
    Cash
    1,800
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Bayern Munich and Juventus are on the same tier. Bias from fans might put the other team first, its normal. as a Bayern fan i would put us slighthy ahead where a Juve fan would do the same, but the two clubs are equal.

    An AC Milan fan would probably say they are second to Real because of the big European history they got.

    Still laughing when United fans think theyre the biggest club in the world. And Arsenal might be the most wannabe big club.

  8. #1128
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    You idiots! What is Juve without Lippi and Trapattoni?!
    the biggest club in Italy
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  9. #1129
    latvian native pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latvia, Riga
    Posts
    6,438
    Cash
    3,992
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Without Fergie:

    7 titles, 1 CL. Dortmund level of club
    what's your point? Fergie managed them for almost 30 years that's roughly a 1/5th of the clubs history and in this case the most successful 30 years, of course it takes out a lot of the clubs achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    Motta was always a good player. It's not fair judging a player under the Delneri days.

  10. #1130
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    what's your point? Fergie managed them for almost 30 years that's roughly a 1/5th of the clubs history and in this case the most successful 30 years, of course it takes out a lot of the clubs achievements.
    they hadnt won a title in how long, 30 years before Fergie came?he transformed them into what they are now, thats what im saying
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  11. #1131
    latvian native pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Latvia, Riga
    Posts
    6,438
    Cash
    3,992
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    they hadnt won a title in how long, 30 years before Fergie came?he transformed them into what they are now, thats what im saying
    I think he transformed them into something better to what they are now
    but still, the fact that one great manager had so much success there doesn't take away from the club but rather adds to club's stature, gives it a certain identity. I'm proud of having guys like Del Piero and Buffon who spent almost all of their career at Juve, that is what football is all about. I'd have liked for Conte to stay and win 25 straight Scudetto's, would have been better than changing to Allegri and potentially moving on to another coach this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klin View Post
    Motta was always a good player. It's not fair judging a player under the Delneri days.

  12. #1132
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    I think he transformed them into something better to what they are now
    but still, the fact that one great manager had so much success there doesn't take away from the club but rather adds to club's stature, gives it a certain identity. I'm proud of having guys like Del Piero and Buffon who spent almost all of their career at Juve, that is what football is all about. I'd have liked for Conte to stay and win 25 straight Scudetto's, would have been better than changing to Allegri and potentially moving on to another coach this summer.
    i agree, but we are kinda different. if we have a coach for 30 years, he wont be able to win twice as much as everyone else did before or after him. that is kind like if Klopp never left Dortmund and kept winning titles until he overthrows Bayern as the most successful club in the country. Fergie has 13 EPLs to 7 without him, 2 CLs to 1, 4 League Cups to 1, 5(?) FA Cups to 7 and won the Cup winners Cup too. the guy is 2/3rds of their entire history (Busby probably the remaining 1/3rd), and i think its safe to assume Liverpool would still have the most EPL titles if it wasnt for him, and atleast one of the CLs he won doesent happen
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  13. #1133
    Midnight Marauder Ocelot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    17,245
    Cash
    2,498,465
    Mentioned
    1951 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    i agree, but we are kinda different. if we have a coach for 30 years, he wont be able to win twice as much as everyone else did before or after him. that is kind like if Klopp never left Dortmund and kept winning titles until he overthrows Bayern as the most successful club in the country. Fergie has 13 EPLs to 7 without him, 2 CLs to 1, 4 League Cups to 1, 5(?) FA Cups to 7 and won the Cup winners Cup too. the guy is 2/3rds of their entire history (Busby probably the remaining 1/3rd), and i think its safe to assume Liverpool would still have the most EPL titles if it wasnt for him, and atleast one of the CLs he won doesent happen
    And?

    You're implying all of this would somehow be more impressive if United had won the same amount of titles with 5 different managera in charge instead of just one - and that's BS
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    because you only live to troll...
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

  14. #1134
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    And?

    You're implying all of this would somehow be more impressive if United had won the same amount of titles with 5 different managera in charge instead of just one - and that's BS
    they wouldnt win as much without him
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  15. #1135
    Midnight Marauder Ocelot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    17,245
    Cash
    2,498,465
    Mentioned
    1951 Post(s)
    Yeah but how does that change United's status as a club?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    because you only live to troll...
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

  16. #1136
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar
    Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    26,814
    Cash
    1,343,433
    Mentioned
    1564 Post(s)
    it doesent, it just shows how irrelevant they are without him
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

  17. #1137
    Midnight Marauder Ocelot's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    17,245
    Cash
    2,498,465
    Mentioned
    1951 Post(s)
    In that case you really have to rate Fergie as the greatest coach ever, by some margin even?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    because you only live to troll...
    NI.
    ~The Knights who say Ni.

  18. #1138
    Juventuz bench BayernFan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    587
    Cash
    1,800
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    it doesent, it just shows how irrelevant they are without him
    But United is the worlds biggest club according to theyre deluded supporters

  19. #1139
    Juventuz bench Nostradamus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    557
    Cash
    2,209
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    In that case you really have to rate Fergie as the greatest coach ever, by some margin even?
    IMO his man-management has been unprecedented..to get the best out of the players and keep them sharp and focussed. Tactically he was not extraordinary.

  20. #1140
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    16,738
    Cash
    27,459
    Mentioned
    1069 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

    No AC Milan.
    They were busy winning the CL instead.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Similar Threads

  1. Premier League 2016/2017
    By Azzurri7 in forum Club football
    Replies: 3382
    Last Post: 27.03.2017, 17:08
  2. [EU] Europa League 2015/2016
    By Dostoevsky in forum Club football
    Replies: 1416
    Last Post: 19.05.2016, 21:05
  3. [EU]Europa League 2009/10
    By Azzurri7 in forum Club football
    Replies: 1495
    Last Post: 15.07.2010, 22:34
  4. Europa League October 1
    By Snoop in forum Settled events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02.10.2009, 16:26
  5. Europa League
    By chester in forum Settled events
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18.09.2009, 13:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •