Brazilian president has been impeached (1 Viewer)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/18/world/americas/brazil-dilma-rousseff-impeachment-vote.html?_r=0

Breaking: Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is impeached by lower house of congress.

BRASILIA — An impeachment showdown in Brazil’s lower house of Congress stretched into Sunday evening, with what appeared to be a critical mass of votes building against President Dilma Rousseff.

Rousseff’s opponents said they were confident they had the two-thirds majority needed to impeach her, and they appeared to be in a celebratory mood even before the final tally was complete.

And there goes a citizenship I don't care to have anymore. That, my friends, is a country that will never take off. That will never know the meaning of the word progress, although it's written in it's national flag. I'm deeply sad to see a place I had as home go down the drain this way but glad I found a new home and have built a family in it. Goodbye, Brazil. It was nice to meet you.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #3
    Your relationship with Brazil reminds me of mine with México, except that I'm still stuck here :D
    Mine is now gone, bro. I'm disgusted by it. People there have shown their true colors. There won't ever be a place as corrupted as that country, not even México. :D

I want no part of it and I don't care what happens to it anymore.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    It's still only the lower house, though. The upper house -- while only a majority opinion -- will be the real decider in terms of her suspension.

I can't say I'm a Dilma fan or not. But it does remind me a little of Gray Davis as the "impeached" California governor before Schwarzenegger took office. Economic times being what they are, people want a scapegoat so that heads can roll. I don't think she's a clean politician by any means, but I get the sense people are looking for a way to purge the evil spirits of the ailing Brazilian economy these days. It's like the days of human sacrifices... just now with modern politics.

p.s.: I partied with 4 visiting Brazilian 20-somethings last night and wore them out here in SF. :strong:

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6
    It's still only the lower house, though. The upper house -- while only a majority opinion -- will be the real decider in terms of her suspension.

I can't say I'm a Dilma fan or not. But it does remind me a little of Gray Davis as the "impeached" California governor before Schwarzenegger took office. Economic times being what they are, people want a scapegoat so that heads can roll. I don't think she's a clean politician by any means, but I get the sense people are looking for a way to purge the evil spirits of the ailing Brazilian economy these days. It's like the days of human sacrifices... just now with modern politics.

p.s.: I partied with 4 visiting Brazilian 20-somethings last night and wore them out here in SF. :strong:
    Problem is we already know the outcome. She will be impeached. I don't like her btw, she's incompetent at her job but that's not a reason for impeachment. Criminal charges are and she has none. She isn't corrupted like the rest.

Biggest problem here is who is gonna take over the presidency once she's gone, her vice president has been named in all kinds of corruption scandals and his vice will be Cunha who also happens to be named on the Panama papers. So what will happen is, once she's gone, Temer who will then be president will shelf all the scandals agaisnt him and Cunha, and also his cronies. In fact he's said to have shared his share of 50 some million dollars with some of his delegates to vote against her (Dilma). They're all gonna get away and the people pro-impeachment are too dumb to even realize it.

Basically what we're seeing today is the death of democracy in Brazil and that's what sad.

Here are some articles that could shine some light on the subject

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/w...awmakers-facing-graft-cases-of-their-own.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo...once-brazil-president-impeached/#1000787e24c7

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, so you tasted some of that, huh? Were they hot? :nico:

- - - Updated - - -

You're lucky they didn't bring Pinga.
    @adRHCP knows that as something else :lol:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Problem is we already know the outcome. She will be impeached. I don't like her btw, she's incompetent at her job but that's not a reason for impeachment. Criminal charges are and she has none. She isn't corrupted like the rest.

Biggest problem here is who is gonna take over the presidency once she's gone, her vice president has been named in all kinds of corruption scandals and his vice will be Cunha who also happens to be named on the Panama papers. So what will happen is, once she's gone, Temer who will then be president will shelf all the scandals agaisnt him and Cunha, and also his cronies. In fact he's said to have shared his share of 50 some million dollars with some of his delegates to vote against her (Dilma). They're all gonna get away and the people pro-impeachment are too dumb to even realize it.

Basically what we're seeing today is the death of democracy in Brazil and that's what sad.

Here are some articles that could shine some light on the subject

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/15/w...awmakers-facing-graft-cases-of-their-own.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapo...once-brazil-president-impeached/#1000787e24c7
    Yeah, anybody who would replace her almost seems to be a far worse option for the country. But the country wants blood for a bad economy it seems.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/18/world/americas/brazil-dilma-rousseff-impeachment-vote.html?_r=0

Breaking: Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff is impeached by lower house of congress.

BRASILIA — An impeachment showdown in Brazil’s lower house of Congress stretched into Sunday evening, with what appeared to be a critical mass of votes building against President Dilma Rousseff.

Rousseff’s opponents said they were confident they had the two-thirds majority needed to impeach her, and they appeared to be in a celebratory mood even before the final tally was complete.

And there goes a citizenship I don't care to have anymore. That, my friends, is a country that will never take off. That will never know the meaning of the word progress, although it's written in it's national flag. I'm deeply sad to see a place I had as home go down the drain this way but glad I found a new home and have built a family in it. Goodbye, Brazil. It was nice to meet you.
    Isn't it good that a president accused of corruption is held responsible tho?
    I'm probably ill-informed but I don't get why you're upset about this.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    Mostly cause the alternative options that will now take power are even more corrupted and self-interested it seems.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #14
    To understand this you have to know her history. She fought against the dictatorship society Brazil lived in the 60's all the way to the 80's. Back then in her teens she was tortured and bloodied several times and somehow managed to survive. She might be clueless as a president and simply not prepared for a position this high up but she has integrity, nothing has ever been proved about her being corrupted and I doubt it ever will. She wasn't mentioned on the panama papers or any other scandal. She's just clueless and incompetent but that's not enough reason for a impeachment.

You have to know that 60% of the people voting against her has faced some corruption charges at some point. Bribery, Electoral Fraud even homicide, you name it. It's a coup. A way her adversaries found to get her out so they can get on a position of power and clean up their names from any investigation that's still going on. It's a big, huge loss for the people there and worse yet they do not realize it. They don't realize democracy is gone but history will show these people as fools.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the most disgusting moments of the night (It was being transmited live on TV), this senate member who's known for being racist, xenophobic and everything that's bad (yeah they have their own Trump), when voting he THANKED her torturer for doing a good job but that he should have finished it. Then went on to thank the Camara President, who happens to be Cunha the most corrupted of them all, and called the only homossexual member a faggot, ass taker and whatever offense he could come up with.

And that's one of the guys Brazilians (the higher middle class and the rich) want in power. I seriously threw up, never seen something more disgusting in my life.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Wtf? Thanking a torturer live on TV and chastising for not murdering her, and he is not thrown out but is still popular?

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #16
    Yes, my brother Osman. That's how fucked up Brazil is right now.

Here's the guy in question doing what he does best, hate. (there's English subtitles for the Portuguese parts)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    Yes, my brother Osman. That's how fucked up Brazil is right now.

Here's the guy in question doing what he does best, hate. (there's English subtitles for the Portuguese parts)

Sorry to hear about your country, parceiro. But that interview is the kettle calling the pot black.

Beyond the personal gains, do you not think the country as a whole could possibly be better off with more competent hands even if corrupt?

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #20
    Sorry to hear about your country, parceiro. But that interview is the kettle calling the pot black.

Beyond the personal gains, do you not think the country as a whole could possibly be better off with more competent hands even if corrupt?
    Not at all. If all they care about is personal gain they can't possibly be competent either. But there's much more at stake here. Not only they will get away with murder, Brazil could soon become a country dictated by religion. It's scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)