Moderator Abuse of "Power" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
That is the most loose usage of the word "power" anyone has ever used in their lives, but I'm just trying to speak your language. I recently received an almost month long ban for the following post I made during the home leg against Bayern Munich:

Allegri's tactical instructions to the players in response to the current situation "DAI DAI DAI!!!"

(Still better than Conte though)
The justification message that the moderator initially left me was just "bbye". I would understand a month long ban if I insulted a member, but for expressing my frustration at our manager's inability to handle a situation with an innocent comment like that? Are you actually serious? In a thread where people were saying things like "fuck this Juve" and fuck Dybala or whatever else, I get a month long ban for THAT?! North Korea much?!?!

I understand that emotions run high during a match, but that doesn't justify this. This is a case of someone abusing the iota of power they have, in the expectation that they are an invincible dictator operating above the rules and being able to indiscriminately dish out punishment.

Maybe you are, I haven't been on this forum long enough to understand how this works, but damned if I won't at least call you out on it.

This is the moderator who banned me: http://www.juventuz.com/members/3678-X

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
This will not help your cause and will result in a longer ban that is if your ban has not expired. If you have grievances then the best action would have been to contact the mod and put some context to your post.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It is a known issue, but this is how it is, a bunch of bullies that share infractions to anyone they dont agree with calling it trolling or whatever.
Like they know the intention of the poster and his views better than him.
Remaining civilised and respectfull to bother posters wont help much as long you have a different opinion to the Arabo-australian gang that runs the place now.
The right to expess your argumentated opinion has never been so questionable in juventuz, as it is these days, maybe things will return to normal one day...

OP
Big Bang

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
  • Thread Starter #4
    This will not help your cause and will result in a longer ban that is if your ban has not expired. If you have grievances then the best action would have been to contact the mod and put some context to your post.
    What context other than mentioning the post I was banned for? Here's a link to the post if you'd like. http://www.juventuz.com/threads/41306-Juventuz-LIVE-matches-2015-2016/page921?p=5205041#post5205041

And doing this privately would do absolutely nothing, as this is a case of power abuse, and the only way to get a response/remedial action is to bring it to the attention of the greater audience. He can tell me in a private message "Yeah, I did it just because I felt like it, here's another ban!" but - I'm guessing - it wouldn't sit too well with all the other members/moderating team if he did it here.

Ali

Conditioned
    Contributor
    Jul 15, 2002
    If you've been here for long that follows some silly trolling that was heavily moderated. That is why I talked about context.

OP
    Big Bang

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
  • Thread Starter #6
    If you've been here for long that follows some silly trolling that was heavily moderated. That is why I talked about context.
    I don't think it should matter what I've done before. If I broke the rules, now or in the past, I should be banned - if I didn't break them, I shouldn't.

Even if every single post I have prior to that post is a troll-post (spoiler alert: they're not) that still shouldn't be a reason to ban me for THAT post. Is there anything in that post that makes you say "My God! How could he say that?! Boy, I sure hope the moderators protect me from him by banning him for a month!"

If I'm being punished without breaking the rules, but just because a moderator doesn't like something I've said before, then that is a TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE of abuse of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, all I want here is an explanation from the moderator as to why I was banned for that post, and for one of the admins to explain to me why the moderator's action was justified.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Dont confuse him Ali, he still fails to understand that X bans for, not because there always is a reason to it.
    He might think that was personal, or that anyone cares, or that members who comply to behavioral rules, respect the forum rules and members, never to insult anyone will be treated nicely.
    They wont, there is no justice and noone cares, if there was, a certain group of posters wouldnt be around with the solke intent to insult and bully other posters. There are ppl here that dont speak about football or Juventus, most of their posts consist of insulting gifs and taunts, we they are not banned? And why their buddy-mods ban the ones that come up with arguments against them?
    The current mods dont punish the insult, but the argument, you can insult, as long as you say what they want to hear, you cant say what they dont!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    It is a known issue, but this is how it is, a bunch of bullies that share infractions to anyone they dont agree with calling it trolling or whatever.
    Like they know the intention of the poster and his views better than him.
    Remaining civilised and respectfull to bother posters wont help much as long you have a different opinion to the Arabo-australian gang that runs the place now.
    The right to expess your argumentated opinion has never been so questionable in juventuz, as it is these days, maybe things will return to normal one day...
    Arabo-Australian gang :rofl: :rofl:

Never change Cronny

GordoDeCentral

Diez
    Apr 14, 2005
    You have a 100 posts dating from 2012 and the last few you made are all troll attempts, if it walks and talks like a duck... this is not to engage a discussion about this but to answer your question, also we already have a mod thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)