Formula 1 - Season 2016 (1 Viewer)

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Everyone is wondering why F1 is losing popularity and the FIA keep making things worse such as making qualifying even more complicated.

I have a solution.

Make F1 great again (don't want to sound like Donald Trump). How? Make it exciting by making it FASTER. F1 is WAY too slow. Did you know that F1 lap times are on average 6-10 seconds a lap slower than what they were in 2004? And I mean race laps. The drivers are not even breaking a sweat.

People moan about turbo engines not making noise etc. No. Nobody wants to see drivers nursing their tyres or trying to save fuel. They want to see people giving it 100% every lap!

Also, there are too many regulations. Easy up on it already. Let people use whatever grade of tyre they want during the race - if they want to run mediums or soft the whole time - so be it. Why make people use 1 of each - that is just rules for rules sake.

Make the cars lighter, ease up on the fuel flow regulations, have fatter tyres. I am a green guy - I am all about saving the planet - I even drive an electric car....but being green doesn't make F1 more exciting - let them just go fast for christ sake and make it exciting again. Make people say - wow those F1 cars are something else - now they are not that much better than GP2 cars. Its very sad.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Everyone is wondering why F1 is losing popularity and the FIA keep making things worse such as making qualifying even more complicated.

I have a solution.

Make F1 great again (don't want to sound like Donald Trump). How? Make it exciting by making it FASTER. F1 is WAY too slow. Did you know that F1 lap times are on average 6-10 seconds a lap slower than what they were in 2004? And I mean race laps. The drivers are not even breaking a sweat.

People moan about turbo engines not making noise etc. No. Nobody wants to see drivers nursing their tyres or trying to save fuel. They want to see people giving it 100% every lap!

Also, there are too many regulations. Easy up on it already. Let people use whatever grade of tyre they want during the race - if they want to run mediums or soft the whole time - so be it. Why make people use 1 of each - that is just rules for rules sake.

Make the cars lighter, ease up on the fuel flow regulations, have fatter tyres. I am a green guy - I am all about saving the planet - I even drive an electric car....but being green doesn't make F1 more exciting - let them just go fast for christ sake and make it exciting again. Make people say - wow those F1 cars are something else - now they are not that much better than GP2 cars. Its very sad.
wow, no wonder its so crap nowadays

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

I have a solution.

F1 trying to go green is an utterly futile effort that achieves nothing and makes the cars slower. The fuel consumed by the entire grid during a race-weekend is between 25-30 thousand liters. A single flight from London to New York consumes more fuel than that. Most of the greenhouse emissions from Formula One are due to the logistics of moving the equipment from one country to another.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Are we going to witness another boring season where the car decides everything and the driver is insignificant?
Probably. It's not very exciting to watch these days. How about they just use identical cars? :p

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Nonsense teams like fucking Red Bull etc. are making F1 worse than ever. It should be the likes of Ferrari, Williams, McLaren and Lotus fighting for the championship. Yes, Mercedes is nonsense team too.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
If they go back to pit stop for fuel and not just for tires It would be better. Cars would be fasters and It would be a lot more leadership changes in every race

Nomuken

NUMB
Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
Haas is looking strong and reliable for it's inaugural season, pretty impressive. In Barcelona Toro Rosso did more laps than any other Ferrari power unit, though Torro Rosso is the only team to keep last years power unit. Funny how Red Bull will never say Renault they just rifer them to "engine suppliers" doesn't help with them acting so sour Renault isn't going to have any sense of urgency to fix the situation just going to have a big fuck you to Horner. Hamilton is going to troll Rosberg so bad it's going to be hilarious between the two. I see Vettel instigating more this time around. Poor Kimi had to run the Halo around track couldn't do any serious lap times.

- - - Updated - - -

Exxon Mobile is also made its efforts in refining even better fuel than before to make the unit have more
power to deliver, it's pretty sad since it's purpose is to make up for the lacking in Honda. Good chassis just not having top end speed.

- - - Updated - - -

For Mclaren that is

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
The pace of the 2015 cars looks like a big step up from last year. Pole position was only a few tenths off the all time fastest lap at Albert Park

- - - Updated - - -

The new qualifying format needs some serious refining. At least in Q3, they should go back to the original format.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)