The Tea Thread (6 Viewers)

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #3
    Let me ask you a fundamental question. Is there any point in time during which you are not drinking tea?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    tea is life :agree:

going to make one right now.
    and i'll dedicate my first sip to @Martin.

...and my second to all gingers arround the world, no matter
    what facial hair color they have.
    I started growing my own Camellia Sinensis a couple years ago. Only another year or so before I can start harvesting the leaves and making my own tea! :D

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    cool :tup:
    not my favorite, but always nice to have when i have a sore throat :D
    You like herbal teas then? Because I'm pretty sure white, black, green, oolong are all made from the leaves of camellia sinensis? :p

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've taken any yet. Do you know anything about making tea from fresh-harvested leaves? I have no idea what I'm doing in that regard.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    You like herbal teas then? Because I'm pretty sure white, black, green, oolong are all made from the leaves of camellia sinensis? :p
    :p
    not saying it tastes bad, but normally i'm down with peppermint.
    overall i like all the basic ones, nothing too fancy :p

currently i like black tea+vanilla (in the darker/winter months.)
    in summer nothing is better than peppermint though.
    edit: add lemongrass.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    :p
    not saying it tastes bad, but normally i'm down with peppermint.
    overall i like all the basic ones, nothing too fancy :p

currently i like black tea+vanilla (in the darker/winter months.)
    in summer nothing is better than peppermint though.
    edit: add lemongrass.
    Huge fan of peppermint + lemongrass tea.

I always would buy my lemongrass, but finally found a local nursery that sells plants this past year. Can't wait to harvest next year. Have you tried chocolate mint? I made a tea with chocolate mint, lemongrass, and a dash of lavender that was just exquisite.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
    Jul 13, 2013
    I started growing my own Camellia Sinensis a couple years ago. Only another year or so before I can start harvesting the leaves and making my own tea! :D
    Camillia tea is weird, mad purely with camillia it tastes pretty bad (to me), but mix it with stuff like sage & lime-blossoms (not sure about the translation), and it's amazing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Camillia tea is weird, mad purely with camillia it tastes pretty bad (to me), but mix it with stuff like sage & lime-blossoms (not sure about the translation), and it's amazing.
    Aren't all black teas, white teas, green teas made from the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant? For some reason I thought they were... I'm confused now. :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)