Shooting in USA-thread. (2 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
It's happening too much, too often.

Virginia Tech, Tucson, Sandy Hook, Charleston, Aurora.. and now Oregon.

Today's tragic event brings the total of mass shootings in the US this year to 294. There have been only 274 days this year.
------

Ten people have been killed and seven injured in a shooting at a college in the US state of Oregon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

What can be done? Are the gun laws never going to be changed?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
It's not about guns. We got a shitload of guns here too in Canada yet that kind of event almost never happens. It's about how a society deals with mental health problems, anxiety, a sense of closedness, extreme individualism, etc.

Nowadays if you're depressed they give you antidepressants and that's supposed to make you feel better. It doesn't work like that.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
No, mang. Guns solve all yo problems. Don't come at me with that commit pinko Canuck talk.

Jul 1, 2010
No, mang. Guns solve all yo problems. Don't come at me with that commit pinko Canuck talk.
Banning guns won't solve the source of the problem, which is people feeling shitty in a crap society. I didn't check the news so far but I bet that the media is pushing anti-gun rhetoric.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #8
    It's not about guns. We got a shitload of guns here too in Canada yet that kind of event almost never happens. It's about how a society deals with mental health problems, anxiety, a sense of closedness, extreme individualism, etc.

Nowadays if you're depressed they give you antidepressants and that's supposed to make you feel better. It doesn't work like that.
    Sure you have shitloads of guns, but population in USA is over 300 million, and on the top of my head I think Canada is around 35 mill?

It's easier to control it in Canada. Why not make tougher regulations on buying guns? Imagine if Republicans applied the same logic to gun control as they do to abortion control..

Jul 1, 2010
    Sure you have shitloads of guns, but population in USA is over 300 million, and on the top of my head I think Canada is around 35 mill?

It's easier to control it in Canada. Why not make tougher regulations on buying guns? Imagine if Republicans applied the same logic to gun control as they do to abortion control..
    I'm not against procedures like background checks, which certainly help. My issue with how the media react to events like these is that they only focus on guns and no one gives a shit about why these kids commit these atrocities.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #13
    I'm not against procedures like background checks, which certainly help. My issue with how the media react to events like these is that they only focus on guns and no one gives a shit about why these kids commit these atrocities.
    As long as guns are available so easily, people will commit these atrocities because psychos will remain psychos. You can't change them all.

What you can do is to make sure they don't get their hands on a firearm.

Itztli

'Curious'
    May 12, 2011

The taboo of mental illness is still strong. You'd be surprise at how people here in the states can be ignorant or outright hostile to the idea of helping someone who's mentally not right.

Jul 1, 2010
    As long as guns are available so easily, people will commit these atrocities because psychos will remain psychos. You can't change them all.

What you can do is to make sure they don't get their hands on a firearm.
    Oh if they wanna get guns they'll just get one on the black market. Banning guns won't prevent people who want to kill people from getting guns.

- - - Updated - - -

The taboo of mental illness is still strong. You'd be surprise at how people here in the states can be ignorant or outright to the idea of helping someone who's mentally not right.
    It's a big issue, but no one gives a shit it seems.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #17
    Oh if they wanna get guns they'll just get one on the black market. Banning guns won't prevent people who want to kill people from getting guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying ban guns, but ban certain people from getting guns.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003

Itztli

'Curious'
    May 12, 2011

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly true, there are people out there doing as much as they can to informe the public of centers and organization that deal with mental illness but either they are underfunded or undermanned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)