RUGBY WORLD CUP 2015 (1 Viewer)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Japan are staying just around the corner from me here in Warwick.

I fancy an England-NZ final.

England - Fiji first game tonight. Fiji's kicker is a 20 stone centre/wing who plays like Jonah Lomu, lol.

Obviously supporting England and Italy, easier for me here as Italy are relative no-hopers. It's a shame they don't have more players like the brilliant Sergio Parisse.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Why would anyone (other than the English) support England? All the fantastic attacking Southern Hemisphere sides, but instead you're gonna root for England?:janna:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Japan are staying just around the corner from me here in Warwick.

I fancy an England-NZ final.

England - Fiji first game tonight. Fiji's kicker is a 20 stone centre/wing who plays like Jonah Lomu, lol.

Obviously supporting England and Italy, easier for me here as Italy are relative no-hopers. It's a shame they don't have more players like the brilliant Sergio Parisse.
Could see that final happening.

Actually don't mind this England team so much, they play some decent rugby unlike the team that won the cup a few years ago.

This is the world cup Scotland have been planning to win according to the chief exec of the SRU :crazy:

Aug 20, 2015
Did anyone got surprised with Japan's last win like I did? I didn't know they had that in them. Really impressed with their grit and tenacity. South Africa definitely did not see that coming.

Rooting for Australia by the way!

OP
Tanu_Mz

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
  • Thread Starter #19
    Not impressed with the Aussies there, especially against a tired Fiji :D

NZ vs Namibia today, I'm going for 100+ points.
    hey, I didn't hear your comments about the England-Wales match.
    We were absolute pish against Canada and we won thanks to a couple of refereeing mistakes.
    I don't get how you can go into a World Cup and play with such low spirit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Sorry, forgot to post.

Wales did brilliantly considering that they were 10 points down and had players dropping like flies, they wanted it more at the end. You got the feeling that England thought they were going to sew the game up mid way through the second half, and they just went into a lull. Also, the decision to go for a lineout-maul attempt in the last minutes when there was a kick at goal to tie the game has to go down as one of the biggest rugby fuck ups in a long time. Not everyone can do what Japan did. Wales were monstrous at that point.

Italy were absolute shit. I wonder where rugby is going in the country, it seems to have stagnated. I can see the likes of the US, Canada and maybe Japan overtaking them in the not too distant future. There is just no progression.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)