Well......Stranger things have happened, I suppose. (1 Viewer)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I am currently less than a week away from my 46th birthday, which according to some on this forum, means that I should have been dead by now. Given the numerous vices, addictions, and afflictions in my life, I consider myself lucky to be able to read those comments :D.

I've done a lot in my life, a lot I am proud of, and a lot that I am certainly not proud of. Both lists are too long to mention, and I don't want to take any more of your time than I need to. And before anyone says "He's so old that if he kept rambling on like that, he would have forgotten what the point of this thread was in the first place."

In most cases, you would be right. But not in this case. This is too important, and life changing, and dramatic to forget.

I have been called a lot of things in my life. Some good, some bad. Mostly in English, some in Italian, and some in languages that I am not yet convinced even exist.

I have been called Husband, lover, soulmate, friend, Zio, Cousin, Son, Juventuz Icon :shifty:

But there was one thing that I was never called, at least not in the truest, purest sense of the word.

One thing that for a while I had come to accept that I would never be called, that I was too old at this point in my life to realistically expect to ever happen.

Until yesterday.

On or about April 22, 2016, I will have a new title. One that I had always hoped for, and am still coming to grips with the enormous joy and responsibility, and anxiety, and nervousness, and unconditional love that will come with it.

At that time, I will also be known as Daddy :heart:

My wife is 8 weeks pregnant. I really do not have anything else to add at this point. This is going to be a wild ride, to say the least. SO much to do in so little time. I can say that only one member of my family knows that this has happened and he has sworn to secrecy until Sunday, when my wife and I can tell the rest of the crew. But yet, here I am, in a place that for a very long time I considered my 2nd family. You guys and girls are privy to information about the most life changing event in my world that I could ever have. This will be the only thread that I will be posting on in this forum, because I could use all the positive vibes that I can possibly get.

When I said that I do not have anything else to add at this point, well, I lied

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Congrats man & welcome yup the club. It's growing. How many of us became dads on this forum?

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
:weee: Congrats Sergio! Welcome to the club. Support group meets every other Thursday. New guy brings the beer :D
It's going to be incredible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)