The surprising basketball thread (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
"Eurobasket" always sounded like a fast food chain to me.

Like I should be ordering a Eurobasket of chicken nuggets.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #7
    A surprising victory by Italy beating Spain. Belinellli was stellar with his shooting!

Spain was the clear favorite 2 years ago. This year they are faltering. Let's hope this doesn't wake them up to play any better. :D

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #12
    Ouaaaaais! We were behind in much of the game, but finally in the 4th quarter we left Russia behind! 67 -74

Russia who have been terrible in this tournament, 4th loss in a row. Typical France to play it on a knife's edge, phew!

Fournier with zero points, wtf

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #19
    Spain - Poland 80 - 66
    Crazy close game for 3 quarters. Then in the 4th Poland had a complete meltdown. Too bad.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #20
    France - Turkey 76 - 53 :superhapp

Turkey wasn't really up to this challenge. We started really strong in the first period, establishing ourselves. Early in the second we were terrible, outscored 10-0. Came back later in the second period and convincingly won it. Dominated the third building up a good 15 point lead and then just killed their spirit with 3 pointers. I think mentally they gave up on this game late in the third quarter.

We played well most of the match, but Turkey had two or three runs where our scoring wasn't working. A lot of bad 3 point attempts, some shots off the dribble from Batum which really aren't necessary. Parker going solo even though we have plenty of good mid range shooters. It didn't play a factor here, but against the best teams that can hurt you.

It's an amazing advantage to have a team where almost everyone can shoot 3 pointers. I'm seriously impressed with De Colo, he's so composed and solid. Great shooter. Still not sure what to make of Fournier. He's still raw and quick, but for a shooting guard his shooting is not great.

- - - Updated - - -

tomorrow:
    Croatia - Czech Rep
    Serbia - Finland
    Israel - Italy
    Lithuania - Georgia

I'm pretty sure that's the last we see of Finland, Serbia is in great shape. Italy's game should be very winnable given their momentum.

@Dostoyevsky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)