Rate our Mercato // Summer 2015 (1 Viewer)

Mercato Rating?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Guess Hernanes would be the last player we will be signing this window, so i guess we could now rate our mercato.

My 2 cents:

The good:

+++ Sandro: This summer's best deal, even if a LB wasn't a priority, we got a potential WC player for a reasonable price beating competition from Man city and dealing with porto.

+++ Neto: Starting material goal keeper as a buffon back for free. Great deal.

+++ Khedira: Regardless of his health issues, Khedira is a very good player when fit, and we got him for free for reasonable wages, i see this as a very good deal too.

+++ Rugani: Best young defender in Serie for a bargain price is very good deal. Hopefully he'll get enough time to develop here.

++ Ogbonna: Recovering 11 mi for Ogbonna is as good as it gets, very happy he's not with us anymore.

+++ Cuadrado: Very good player on a cheap loan, i am a fan of this deal, even if he's not fit for Allergri's tactis, you can't have enough of good players and i think he'll do good here.

++ Dybala: I am spektical of him, but i am hoping he'll prove me wrong, only knock of this deal is the price, i tought we overpaid for a player with only one year left, coming from his only good season in Serie A. but the talent is there and hopefully he'll explode with us.

+ Lemina: We needed someone like this guy, agressive and non stop running after we sold Vidal, still an unkown quality, don't think we can judge this deal as of yet.

+ Hernanes: Not a bad player for a reasonable price but not exactly the AM we were looking for.

+ Mandzukic: I am not of this kind of CFs, but Mandzukic is proven goal scorer, didn't think we needed him after what Morata showed last year especially for that price. I came to accept the deal thinking that we will recover some of the money with a Llorente sale but it didn't happen.

The bad:

- Tevez: In this deal Marotta hands were tied, but i didn't like how he handled the situation, being strong armed by Boca.

- - - Zaza: 18 mil, nothig to add.

- - - Vidal: Selling one of the world's top 5 B2B for peanuts is ridiculous, don't know what happened, but this sale make no sense, i understand that Vidal wanted to leave, but the quickness in wich we sold is mind blogging, never tried to start a bidding war, never made it known that he's in the market, and above all we failed to proporly replace him after getting that money.

- - - Coman: Loaning one of europe best prospects for 2 years to the team that just trolled you for the Vidal is another one of Marotta's mysteries, 7 mil won't buy anything these days, and if Coman realise only half of his potential, he'll be worth much much more than 28 mil in 2017, we would've been better keeping him as a bench option rather than having 7 mil that won't get anything. Selling him leaves us with Dybala as our only SS.

- - - Llorente: Donating him to Sevilla is another Marotta master piece, don't see the logic behind this, as many people stated wonder why wouldn't we keep Llorente, a player that was happy to be on the bench and gave his all when he played and chose to let him go for free and spend 39 mil for 2 other backups.

All in all, i think the management did a good job rejuvenating the team, we got some very good young players who can be WC in a few years ( Sandro, Rugani, Dybala... ) we got some good veterans in Khedira, Hernanes, and Mandzukic, the main thing is that we failed to replace the players that we sold or left, we are definetely weaker than last year, like some of the members said we are not feared anymore, facing the like of Tevez, Vidal, Pirlo is not the same as facing Dybala, Pereyra, Khedira....
We lost what made us a great team this four year, our grit and our ability to grind out results. Vidal was a huge part of this, his heart and passion could impact the whole team, when you see him battling, it makes other player put more effort...
The last point is the more depressing, we failed to adress our biggest need this summer, the only thing Allegri asked for from the beginning, a creative AM, its unexcusable imo.
We dragged the Draxler negociation for too long so at the end we got trolled by Shalke, we clearly had no plan B, there is an apparent disharmony between the coach and the management.

I think Marotta is opssessed with opportunity signing that sometimes he fails to understand there is priorities.
We are a CL finalist last year who were so close to winning it and we were IMO, 2 or 3 big siginings away from being a constant CL contender and now the QF seems like a remote possibility.

If i had to give a mark to this mercato i would give it a 5/10 and that's generous by me because we failed to adress our biggest needs this summer and failed to replace the player that left.

Mods feel free to add a poll if you guy wants. @JuveJay @Salvo

I would also like if someone like @Alen did a financial breakdown of our summer mercato so we can add another dimension to this topic.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Okay, fire away.

If anyone wants to post all Juve's ins and outs and the fees involved, that can be added to the opening post.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Well, we signed a lot of new players. That part is good. I can't remember a mercato this busy in years. But it also means they have no clue how to play together probably.

Still I wonder if we need them all. When will Vadala actually play? or Lemina.

Aug 26, 2014
It was great right before Vidal was sold then it went downhill quickly 4/10 for me

too many changes and bad "sales" and we didn't find a replacement for Licht or buy a world class AM

Hope i'm proven wrong and this years patches hold.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Very, very difficult to rate this one. 2-3/10 in the short run, 8/10 in the long could very possibly be the case.

I'm not a fan of rating mercati right after their end anyways, so I'll let this poll pass.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
some interesting signings, the 4 that stand out that excite me are Dybala, Cuadrado and Sandro, with Khedira being a solid veteran addition. Singings I didn't like, Mandzukic and Zaza both I feel are downgrades from what we had. I feel our losses though will outweigh our new additions. Losing Pirlo was understandable but the loss of Vidal, and giving away Tevez and Llorente for nothing was a big blow IMO. With that said, I rated the mercato a 5

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Very, very difficult to rate this one. 2-3/10 in the short run, 8/10 in the long could very possibly be the case.

I'm not a fan of rating mercati right after their end anyways, so I'll let this poll pass.
Such a typical Ocelot answer. Just vote. Don't be politically correct, Coyote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)