Juan Cuadrado - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 226
Page 226 of 245 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4881

Thread: Juan Cuadrado

Cash
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Yeah, but you're not allowed to bring people down just because the ball isn't there anymore. It's just a foul.

But what screams injustice to me is Dybala's red. That is.. Man, that is deliberate.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Great point, didn't look at it that way. I guess, as a ref, maybe not looking at it like a "chain of events" can make choosing the right call challenging.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Great point, didn't look at it that way. I guess, as a ref, maybe not looking at it like a "chain of events" can make choosing the right call challenging.
    Refs have it hard. So did Michael Oliver. Making the right call can be insanely difficult. But the real issue is 50/50 calls are, without exception, called Madrid's way. And that's unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    biathlon is one of the rare sports I enjoy

Cash
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Refs have it hard. So did Michael Oliver. Making the right call can be insanely difficult. But the real issue is 50/50 calls are, without exception, called Madrid's way. And that's unacceptable.

I wonder if in that moment Oliver would have liked to have had VAR to fall on first?
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    I wonder if in that moment Oliver would have liked to have had VAR to fall on first?
    I think he would have, because it protects him. If he makes that call with Var, it's easier to accept that he just sees it that way. Now you have the feeling he really really really wanted to give it.

Rab's Husband - The Regista icemaη's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    You take out a player when the ball's still in play, it's a foul. If the ball is in midfield and Cuadrado gets tripped inside the box, it's still a foul and a penalty.
    This is not a democracy. Deal with it.

un capitano c'e solo un capitano, un capitano c'e solo un capitano

Cash
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter. People think it does, but it doesn't. Even if people take a shot, you can't just run them over or kick them to the ground. It's still a foul.

I'm not entirely sure what the rule is but I think a lot of officials see it like that, rightly or wrongly.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what the rule is but I think a lot of officials see it like that, rightly or wrongly.

Sure. And I sort of understand the reasoning behind it. In all honesty I wouldn't even mind if sometimes, just sometimes, a dubious penalty would be awarded against Madrid or Barcelona. And I cannot think of a single example in the last 10 years.

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I'm not convinced of that one because he already took the shot just before the foul. See, a Real Madrid player would have waited for the imminent challenge and it would be pen, goal, red card.
    This one is dubious situation. It could be a Penalty, It could be no Penalty. And when it's no Penalty, People don't complain

Btw, Cuadrado do really need to work on his finishing and composure. This Chance and the One against Benevento look similar. Yet he shot it weak and wide

Cash
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    I said it once and ill said it again: Convert Cuadrado into a fulltime Fullback. Turn him into our little danny alves.

The guy has the main traits:

+He loves to run, run an run like forrest gump. He has some tactical composure which could be refined.
    +He can dribble and start plays when he has space and is not forced into Asamoah-dribbling, and unlike Asa, cuadrado can run and fast.
    +His crosses are not top of the line but he gets the job done.
    +Doesnt gets injured every game like Mds.
    -His only flaw is his offensive aspect (shooting and creativity being specific) and this would be not a priority as a fullback. And this con is what limits him as a offensive winger but would be minimal as a fullback.

Then you would say "but hydde, he is our main RW", yeh but as a RW he is not offensive enough and next year we will have a plethora of options potentially better than him (douglas, Pjaca, Dybala, Berna). Being fast is just one aspect of a winger, but the main trait should be assists and goals, offensive IQ. He doesnt have much of those into his kit.

Whats the logic behind this change? 2 main points:

1- We dont have enough money to buy 2 WC Right fullbacks (and i say 2 because Licht is most likely going out and after yesterday, i dont trust MDS anymore, too injury prone for a long season as main RB). On top of that, we will most likely sell sandro and bring spinazzola..but we dont know what will happen to Asamoah... so we are even more constrained cashwise taking into account we NEED to buy a couple Top midfielders.

2-This is the other important factor: We need to make Dybala and Higuain play together in a 433. Higuain will not be sold, and selling Dybala this summer is a no go. We need to force dybala into an RW/inside forward hybrid and make him learn it. This way we would have the 2 superior offensive players in attack (dybs/berna) while letting a reliable guy like cuadrado make that wing his as a fullback.

Dybala canot be benched, but to leep cuadrado benched is also not managing well our resources.... We cant bench both of them.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    I said it once and ill said it again: Convert Cuadrado into a fulltime Fullback. Turn him into our little danny alves.

The guy has the main traits:

+He loves to run, run an run like forrest gump. He has some tactical composure which could be refined.
    +He can dribble and start plays when he has space and is not forced into Asamoah-dribbling, and unlike Asa, cuadrado can run and fast.
    +His crosses are not top of the line but he gets the job done.
    +Doesnt gets injured every game like Mds.
    -His only flaw is his offensive aspect (shooting and creativity being specific) and this would be not a priority as a fullback. And this con is what limits him as a offensive winger but would be minimal as a fullback.

Then you would say "but hydde, he is our main RW", yeh but as a RW he is not offensive enough and next year we will have a plethora of options potentially better than him (douglas, Pjaca, Dybala, Berna). Being fast is just one aspect of a winger, but the main trait should be assists and goals, offensive IQ. He doesnt have much of those into his kit.

Whats the logic behind this change? 2 main points:

1- We dont have enough money to buy 2 WC Right fullbacks (and i say 2 because Licht is most likely going out and after yesterday, i dont trust MDS anymore, too injury prone for a long season as main RB). On top of that, we will most likely sell sandro and bring spinazzola..but we dont know what will happen to Asamoah... so we are even more constrained cashwise taking into account we NEED to buy a couple Top midfielders.

2-This is the other important factor. We need to make Dybala and Higuain play together in a 433. Higuain will not be sold, and selling Dybala this summer is a no go. We need to force dybala into an RW/inside forward hybrid and make him learn it. This way we would have the 2 superior offensive players in attack (dybs/berna) while letting a reliable guy like cuadrado make that wing his as a fullback.

Dybala canot be benched, but to leep cuadrado benched is also not managing well our resources.... We cant bench both of them.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter. It matters if advantage is given, but that's not the case here. It is still a foul.

It's 100% a foul. Otherwise defenders will be able to smash attackers with impunity. He shoots and scores and gets smashed, oh well. He shoots and misses and gets smashed, oh well.

In the end what does the defender risk, nothing.

Cash
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    The “real madrid” defender you need to add.

Because chiello does it and is straight redzn
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cimenk View Post
    This one is dubious situation. It could be a Penalty, It could be no Penalty. And when it's no Penalty, People don't complain

Btw, Cuadrado do really need to work on his finishing and composure. This Chance and the One against Benevento look similar. Yet he shot it weak and wide
    Cuadrado is an age now where he's not going to change, his end product is really variable.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

Cash
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Is there ANY pace left in this man's legs?
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there ANY pace left in this man's legs?
    No from one day to the other Cuadrado has lost his legs. That's a very intelligent conclusion..

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1962 Post(s)
    Cuads makes big steps with his gazelle like feet, to run the same distance Costa has to make like three of his tiny footsteps, which looks much faster to the eye, but isn't.

Also wouldn't be surprised if he's still a bit rusty.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    2128 Post(s)
    still crucial at relieving pressure with his great 1st touch and drawing fouls
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

Sell H16UAIN!!!

Cash
    Mentioned
    2431 Post(s)
    Is that a reason to keep him, though?
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1962 Post(s)
    What a completely random player to criticize after that game.

One could almost think you just don't like him.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    611 Post(s)
    Hustini

$#@!ting on Cuadrado when the entire team, especially the midfield, were absolute garbage.

Also, our "star forward", the 90 million cube in attack, was epic tonight. Absolutely magnificent
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!