Trans people: your informed opinions and why you hold them (1 Viewer)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not sure where I stand yet. I do know that we live in an age where the results of surgeries are not exactly ideal. Sometimes it might be easier to live in the body of a man rather than inevitably becoming a freak in the vain hope of being a woman.

Other than that I have little to say about it and whether or not people want to have the surgery is their thing.

And Caitlyn Jenner is fugly.

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #4
    You guys have a clean slate, I don't know a thing about transsexuals.

Dazzle me with your knowledge.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    Not sure where I stand yet. I do know that we live in an age where the results of surgeries are not exactly ideal. Sometimes it might be easier to live in the body of a man rather than inevitably becoming a freak in the vain hope of being a woman.

Other than that I have little to say about it and whether or not people want to have the surgery is their thing.
    How's that?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

And Caitlyn Jenner is fugly.
    There was a documentary a couple of years ago about those who regret that they did the operation ... OUCH!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    There was a documentary a couple of years ago about those who regret that they did the operation ... OUCH!
    I can definitely imagine that. I think even if I were transgender I probably wouldn't have the surgery. It's just not good enough. Give them a perfectly healthy completely female/male body and I could see the benefits. But now you create, for example, a male with his male bits chopped off and you stick him full of hormones. I admit that's a bit crude, but that's essentially what it is. That can't be good for a body, physically.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I can definitely imagine that. I think even if I were transgender I probably wouldn't have the surgery. It's just not good enough. Give them a perfectly healthy completely female/male body and I could see the benefits. But now you create, for example, a male with his male bits chopped off and you stick him full of hormones. I admit that's a bit crude, but that's essentially what it is. That can't be good for a body, physically.
    The problem with transsexuals is that they grow hate towards their own bodies and consequently self hate. It is indeed a dilemma and a big conflict they suffer.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    The problem with transsexuals is that they grow hate towards their own bodies and consequently self hate. It is indeed a dilemma and a big conflict they suffer.
    I understand that (though I think this is sometimes overrated and in fact a grass is greener scenario at times), but I think the results of the transition are so poor that I don't see why anyone would possibly consider it. And I'm not just talking aesthetics here, but in terms of health too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)