Mr. Robot (1 Viewer)

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012

The series follows Elliot Alderson, a young man living in New York City, who works at Allsafe as a cyber security engineer. Elliot has social anxiety disorder, but connects to people by hacking them and acts as a cyber vigilante. He is recruited by a mysterious social-anarchist known as "Mr. Robot", and joins his team of hackers, known as "fsociety". One of their missions is to take down one of the largest corporations in the world, E Corp (known as "Evil Corp" by Elliot), a company that Elliot is paid to protect by working for Allsafe who is contracted to run E Corp's cyber security system.
This show deserves its own thread. The last episode was a really nice surprise.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, this should be its own thread. :yup:

Always makes it interesting, despite the show's flaws.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I watched episode 7 on Friday and we went away for the weekend and was thinking about the Series while away.
A thought struck me that this is heading towards a new Fight Club and Elliot is in fact Mr Robot. Last night I started watching and to be honest, I was not that far off but that surprise was really pleasant.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
People started thinking that around ep 2, so you're not alone. I think while the series is partly inspired by FC, that would be too blatant a ripoff for Sam Esmail.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
People started thinking that around ep 2, so you're not alone. I think while the series is partly inspired by FC, that would be too blatant a ripoff for Sam Esmail.
Well yea, there is resemblence and it is nice that it wasn't the same. Thank you for the tips by the way.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The show was deliberately fvcking with its audience for several episodes at the beginning, Mr Robot's presence was not acknowledged on screen by any other character whatsoever when Elliot was there too, they severely hinting on that he isnt real. I think it was until like after the druggy episode when he was having withdrawal and shit that they dropped this angle and he was engaging the fsociety crew IN Elliotts presence.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
The first episode (pilot) is very good. It's like Breaking Bad of the hacking world but with an anarchist message. I like that very much.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well that was a bit... unexpected.

So maybe a little more Fight Club homage than I expected. Not to mention the use of the Pixies' "Where Is My Mind?" in the final scenes -- though in this episode as a piano solo version.

And the earlier Pulp Fiction reference in the paper... anyone notice the later appearance of this dialogue bit in the episode?:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i watched the first 3 episodes, and can't wait to see the rest. great show with some obvious fight club reference.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Curious finale. I don't like how they're writing Elliot's character towards the end of the season - he's getting a bit to emo and existential. For obvious reasons, but it's annoying compared to the focus of, say, a Tyrell.
That shooter scene was more Budd Dwyer than the Virginia TV reporter murders, but I get why they delayed it a week.

And I don't know if Angela is going on a long con over her mom or if she is just becoming one of them.

And was that White Rose talking to the E Corp CEO in the final scene?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)