Page 571 of 571 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571
Results 11,401 to 11,408 of 11408

Thread: 'Murica!

Cash
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    What do you exoect them to do
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    I have no problem with her being detained, but I'd suggest expediting the process once her mother brought her ID and documents. 2 weeks detainment for an accidental border crossing is a little ridiculous.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    I have no problem with her being detained, but I'd suggest expediting the process once her mother brought her ID and documents. 2 weeks detainment for an accidental border crossing is a little ridiculous.
    What if she needed to be vetted first? Make sure shes not on some criminal terrorist database? Since neither you nor i know exactly what their protocol is it would be unwise to criticize for the sake of criticizing. Also i don't buy her story of her not knowing where she was going, you don't just wander off in the middle of nowhere alone.
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    What if she needed to be vetted first? Make sure shes not on some criminal terrorist database? Since neither you nor i know exactly what their protocol is it would be unwise to criticize for the sake of criticizing. Also i don't buy her story of her not knowing where she was going, you don't just wander off in the middle of nowhere alone.
    I don't mind her story. I know that area. It'd be super easy to go for a jog and cross the border, if you did not know the border was right there. It's not particularly well-marked. Regardless, she was stupid. It's a pretty good idea to know the location of the border, if you're jogging south from White Rock.

I don't know how it takes 2 weeks for her to be vetted once they had her documents. She is a French national. Her mother is Canadian. It would be nice if they expedited such situations where no crime has been committed, and it's a clear mistake, I mean she was out jogging, it's not as if she had a big backpack with half her belongings.

Regardless, it's a fair point you made, as I have no idea what the process is, so even if I think it's a long time, perhaps the timing is reasonable.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    Check her quickly, make sure it was accidental and turn her over to Canada. It's ridiculous that this would take more than an hour. Detaining her for two weeks is just disgraceful.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    363 Post(s)
    That does not take two weeks. Not even close. This was done solely to demonstrate power.

Tbh I'm all for strict border control. I perfectly understand that countries want to protect themselves. It's natural to look after your own.

But we have to be reasonable. $#@! like this isn't helping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Check her quickly, make sure it was accidental and turn her over to Canada. It's ridiculous that this would take more than an hour. Detaining her for two weeks is just disgraceful.

This. They could have just turned her in to Canada and maybe it would have just taken a few hours to sort it out.
    I will wait however long it takes and I know one day we will celebrate and be celebrated.

Cash
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)

Lol send an undocumented person to another country illegally? Your hate is paralyzing even your legal backgrounds.

- - - Updated - - -

That does not take two weeks. Not even close. This was done solely to demonstrate power.

Tbh I'm all for strict border control. I perfectly understand that countries want to protect themselves. It's natural to look after your own.

But we have to be reasonable. $#@! like this isn't helping anyone.

You have no way of knowing either what their internal procedure is or how long it takes to process, nor, and above all do you have access to all the information of this case.