'Murica! - News and Politics - Juventuz Forums - Page 502
Page 502 of 502 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502
Results 10,021 to 10,037 of 10037

Thread: 'Murica!

Cash
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    First you have to apply. Then you have to go through rounds of interviews. That’s not random to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. But I’m also in US because of the lottery. Nothing $#@!ed up about it, it gives people opportunities. Not to everyone, but like I said, you do have to go through a process to be given the visa.

People deserve opportunities based on objective criteria. Not because of a lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    First you have to apply. Then you have to go through rounds of interviews. That’s not random to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Disagree. But I’m also in US because of the lottery. Nothing $#@!ed up about it, it gives people opportunities. Not to everyone, but like I said, you do have to go through a process to be given the visa.
    Interviews are pretty much "what's your name?", "can I see your passport" kind of thing. Believe me, I know of a ton of winners.
    The selection is 100% random. There's a FBI check afterwards which is only as good as the documents the winner provides to the consulate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty insignificant. But I'm against it as a matter of principle. It's just weird that you are so arrogant to assume that the entire world is fighting for a spot in America that you would organise a lottery and reward the lucky few. That's $#@!ed up on so many levels.
    Strongly disagree. If the world don't like it they on't apply and the program dies. There are unofficial stats saying ~13M people apply every year.

Cash
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    How is it inherently racist? You mean to tell me an average african has better chances to integrate and contribute to American society than the average Norwegian? BTW Trumps immigration policy is the opposite of racist, he wants a merit based immigration policy instead of the current lottery program which prompted the $#@!hole comment. Like i said before i find Trump disgusting and vile, but the reaction here is just as vile but on the other side of the spectrum.
    The said policy evaluates people's credentials, and one's qualification should and does have nothing to do with where they are from. The "on average" argument that you use to show what Trump said was not racist is the definition of stereotyping, which is fine, understandable and useful as long as there is absolutely no other/better way of making a judgment. Why would you need to predict on average how much contribution a Haitian versus a Norwegian can make to the society when you can easily look at their qualifications before letting them in? When you have a much better and more accurate way of making such judgment (which is the whole rationale behind the merit-based policy), yet you choose to group Haitians and Africans in a bucket of useless parasites who need to be taken out it only means one thing, and no matter how prettier you try to label it it simply doesn't work.
    289[+2]

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
    That perches in the soul -
    And sings the tune without the words -
    And never stops - at all -

"Shame! That's what will save mankind."

Cash
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    The said policy evaluates people's credentials, and one's qualification should and does have nothing to do with where they are from. The "on average" argument that you use to show what Trump said was not racist is the definition of stereotyping, which is fine, understandable and useful as long as there is absolutely no other/better way of making a judgment. Why would you need to predict on average how much contribution a Haitian versus a Norwegian can make to the society when you can easily look at their qualifications before letting them in? When you have a much better and more accurate way of making such judgment (which is the whole rationale behind the merit-based policy), yet you choose to group Haitians and Africans in a bucket of useless parasites who need to be taken out it only means one thing, and no matter how prettier you try to label it it simply doesn't work.
    You are mixing the 2 comments, i provided a link that explained the context of each comment. The Hatians were mentioned in relation to the temporary protected status and Haiti was neither called a $#@!hole or compared to Norway FYI as the name of the program suggests the stay of those Haitians in the country is temporary as it was only prompted by the earthquake of 2010. So their status is up for debate. The second comment is in relative to the lottery program and you are actually in agreement with Trump and the GOP based on what you wrote above.
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Sigh.

My post explains why merit based immigration policy is not a discriminatory one based on country of birth, hence the “he said what he said within that context so it’s not racist” is bs because in fact within that context what he said was not only racist but the opposite of what the merit based policy implies as well. The fact that you infer from my post that i agree with that policy btw strengthens my opinion about how inaccurate you are in linking things and reaching conclusions.
    289[+2]

Cash
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    No it is not, if we are to go by a lottery program then the US is obviously better served doing so in Norway than in africa, this is the explanation of the quote. What Trump and the GOP want is the scraping altogether of the lottery be it for Norway or elsewhere.

Also instead of showing frustration towards my posting, maybe you can spend the energy to actually research for yourself what was said and in what contexts instead of just being taken for a ride by out of context quotes.
    Und alles, was man weiss, nicht bloss rauschen und brausen gehört hat, lässt sich in drei Worten sagen.

Cash
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    No it is not, if we are to go by a lottery program then the US is obviously better served doing so in Norway than in africa, this is the explanation of the quote. What Trump and the GOP want is the scraping altogether of the lottery be it for Norway or elsewhere.

Also instead of showing frustration towards my posting, maybe you can spend the energy to actually research for yourself what was said and in what contexts instead of just being taken for a ride by out of context quotes.
    1. One should compare Norway and African “$#@!holes” when/if suggesting that the lottery program should choose applicants from Norway rather than Africa because of the “on average” argument. In that, one is making a racist comment because there are non-discriminatory ways of assessing a person’s qualifications (if one is not interested in the person’s skin color that is). 2. One should not mention any nationality when the discussion is about removing the lottery program altogether, cause nationality is irrelevant to the merit based policy. Either way, bringing nationalities to this discussion (regardless of what the desired outcome is) is racist.

You have the habit of linking irrelevant things and drawing strange and inaccurate conclusions. This is lazy at best and dishonest at worst. Then when it’s mentioned you are congratulating yourself for being frustrating? My impression is that in most of the discussions you have here or elsewhere that’s the goal you want to achieve or think you have achieved while in fact it makes you very much unworthy of the time others spend in having a conversation with you.
    289[+2]

Cash
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king Ale View Post
    1. One should compare Norway and African “$#@!holes” when/if suggesting that the lottery program should choose applicants from Norway rather than Africa because of the “on average” argument. In that, one is making a racist comment because there are non-discriminatory ways of assessing a person’s qualifications (if one is not interested in the person’s skin color that is). 2. One should not mention any nationality when the discussion is about removing the lottery program altogether, cause nationality is irrelevant to the merit based policy. Either way, bringing nationalities to this discussion (regardless of what the desired outcome is) is racist.

You have the habit of linking irrelevant things and drawing strange and inaccurate conclusions. This is lazy at best and dishonest at worst. Then when it’s mentioned you are congratulating yourself for being frustrating? My impression is that in most of the discussions you have here or elsewhere that’s the goal you want to achieve or think you have achieved while in fact it makes you very much unworthy of the time others spend in having a conversation with you.
    what a bunch of bull$#@!, yes randomly picking people from first world educated countries is the same as doing so in in the $#@!holes of the world.
    Your ad hominem only confirms you actually know nothing about the subject and just want to throw a hissy fit. And I'll gladly take you up on that offer of you not wasting your time replying to me, it will save me time constantly correcting you

Cash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1520 Post(s)
    "I am the healthiest person you have ever interviewed, that I can tell you."
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post

Lol, what an idiot, he's not even trying to sound credible.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2222 Post(s)
    Völler is here with DAi.

Cash
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    1 pound below his obesity level
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1520 Post(s)

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

While the media spent 90% of the time focused on negative coverage or fake news, the President has been getting results:

1. The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the President’s inauguration.

2. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.

3. The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.

4. President Trump’s plan to cut regulations has exceeded “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.

5. The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.

6. ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.

7. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.

8. With President Trump’s encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.

9. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.

10. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
    @Seven
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    326 Post(s)

I know. What a president. Best decision you ever made, @Bjerknes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjerknes View Post
    Do you really think Trump is an idiot?

He's a businessman. What's to say he wouldn't make the right choice when in office? He's not kept abreast of military intelligence in the Middle East because he doesn't have access to it and perhaps doesn't have the time to be. But that's not to say he wouldn't make an astute decision when he has all the facts in front of him.

Cash
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    This guy is 24 years old, graduated from college in 2016 and has been appointed the Deputy Drug Czar (deputy chief of staff of the Office of National Drug Control Policy)

I guess Trump is really serious about opioid crisis

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
    This guy is 24 years old, graduated from college in 2016 and has been appointed the Deputy Drug Czar (deputy chief of staff of the Office of National Drug Control Policy)

I guess Trump is really serious about opioid crisis
    But he only appoints the best.....