R. Carlos vs Zambrotta (3 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Who do you guys think is the better of the two as a LB?

I personally believe RC has a better shot, but Zambrotta is faster and defends better. Their crosses are equal since Carlos knows how to cross quite well too.

I came up with this cos I'm having this discussion with a RM fan and he doesn't believe Zambrotta is fast enough but this guy doesn't watch too many Italian games so he does not really know what he's saying, just from hearsay and fm the RM-Juve match of last year.

If you wanna help me out....

http://www.soccer24-7.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=21513&st=0&#entry339010

If not let me hear what you guys think? RC or the super express train Zambrotta?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wouldnt say Zambrotta is faster than Carlos (because he's not ;) ), but he does have a better cross, better dribbling, more tactical awareness, and is a better defender. He's also younger and more versitile than Carlos, so I would definately pick him. Than again, this is a Juvenuts forum so you'll hardly find someone that will say RC is better ;)

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    Well I was hoping for objectivity ;)

The current Zambrotta is very fast, faster than the recent Carlos I've seen in the CL. Zam really has doubled his speed in these past 2 seasons.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I'm as objective as it gets here mate ;)

I wouldnt say he's faster than Carlos (altho I havent seen Carlos play this season), but he is an overall better player. He humiliated RC in the Semis, something only Salihamidžić managed before.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by GOAT ] ++
    I wouldnt say Zambrotta is faster than Carlos (because he's not ;) ), but he does have a better cross, better dribbling, more tactical awareness, and is a better defender. He's also younger and more versitile than Carlos, so I would definately pick him. Than again, this is a Juvenuts forum so you'll hardly find someone that will say RC is better ;)
    Yeah, I agree with the GOAT :p

Glenn, How is it even possible for a player to have his speed doubled in 2 years :undecide:

Ok Here is a little comparison :

Experience : R.Carlos
    Pace : R.Carlos
    Defensive ability and Tactical Awarness : Tie
    Ariel ability : Zambrotta
    Shooting : R.Carlos.
    Crossing : Zambrotta
    Dribbling : Zambrotta
    Physical Strength and Fitness : R.Carlos
    Creativity : Zambrotta
    Tackling : R.Carlos

Zambrotta : 4
    R.Carlos : 5

R.Carlos is better now, but Zambrotta still has time to improve and surpass him. Forza Zambrotta :strong:

Jul 19, 2003
    As objective as I get,

Carlos is faster than Zambrotta, but he really doesn't have a better shot. He slams his foot against the ball and hopes that sheer power will carry it into the net, which usually happens. Zambrotta has shown that he shoots in corners of the goal from long range, pretty accurately. Zambrotta is also a better crosses imo. I mean when was the last time u've seen Carlos cross. I've watched maybe all Real's games in La Liga and I don't recall a single one. Plus, who's gonna head it in!! :D I'd also say that Carlos is a better dribbler.........and did I mention he's FAST. That's the freight train man, not Zambro.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    Doubles his speed was just an expression but I don't recall Zambrotta running so fast 2 years ago. Actually I don't recall Zamb doing anything he does nowadays.

I still think that right now Zamb is faster than Carlos (how old is he nowadays? 30?).

Dhaliwich

Aug 24, 2003
    I think Zambrotta is a better all round player, and every coach's dream. I hardly think you will ever see R.B play right winger, or right back. All of these are positions Zambrotta could easily play and with great efficiency. But on the other hand, Zambrotta has a lot to learn yet, before he is a reliable defender/Left midfielder

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++

Yeah, I agree with the GOAT :p

Glenn, How is it even possible for a player to have his speed doubled in 2 years :undecide:

Ok Here is a little comparison :

Experience : R.Carlos
    Pace : R.Carlos
    Defensive ability and Tactical Awarness : Tie
    Ariel ability : Zambrotta
    Shooting : R.Carlos.
    Crossing : Zambrotta
    Dribbling : Zambrotta
    Physical Strength and Fitness : R.Carlos
    Creativity : Zambrotta
    Tackling : R.Carlos

Zambrotta : 4
    R.Carlos : 5

R.Carlos is better now, but Zambrotta still has time to improve and surpass him. Forza Zambrotta :strong:

i would add :

strength: R. carlos
    stamina: R. carlos

and tie on dribling

i seldom see RC this season yet though...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

i would add :

strength: R. carlos
    stamina: R. carlos

and tie on dribling

i seldom see RC this season yet though...
    physical strength is already there :p

and stamina = fitness ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    diving: Zambrotta :p
    oh come on, that was just once :fero:

consistency: zambrotta
    playing against eachother in the CL semi-final: ZAMBROTTA :strong:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)