[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2015/2016 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I dun like Celtic at all still remember all the crap they spouted when we beat them 0-3 at Celtic Park lol.
-rep

Tiochfaidh ar la.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to live through it everyday and hear how Wanyama is twice the player of Vidal.
The hype that year was so great to be a part of. Rangers had just died and we'd beaten Barcelona 2-1. Was hard not to get carried away by it.

Wanyama in that Barca game was one of the greatest 90 minute performances I've ever seen in football. Shame it was him punching rather than the norm. How is he getting on in England? Can anybody fill me in?

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
-rep

Tiochfaidh ar la.

- - - Updated - - -

The hype that year was so great to be a part of. Rangers had just died and we'd beaten Barcelona 2-1. Was hard not to get carried away by it.

Wanyama in that Barca game was one of the greatest 90 minute performances I've ever seen in football. Shame it was him punching rather than the norm. How is he getting on in England? Can anybody fill me in?
he seems to do well in a average team. I just know that his value increased so he must have done something good there. Honestly I don't watch BPL...

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
he seems to do well in a average team. I just know that his value increased so he must have done something good there. Honestly I don't watch BPL...
Me neither. He's a really strong player with good technical abilities to match. His temperament stinks though and he was forever picking up bookings. Infact he'd do really well at Milan or Inter these days. Ugh...that thought :inter:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Jack announced as new Dons captain.

Deserved and good to continue with another Aberdonian as captain.

Just hope he sticks to his natural game and leads through controlling games and organising and doesn't suddenly try to be Roy Keane.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
A fine start to the season to put Utd in their place for a while.

Made a few changes to the team that played in Kazakhstan on Thursday:

Ward

Logan-Taylor-Quinn-Considine

Flood-Shinnie

Smith-McLean-Hayes

Rooney​

After a while of Rooney struggling to make any impact against the centre-halves and Smith and McLean looking dangerous, things wer switched round a bit with Rooney moving right and Smith and McLean drifting around trequartista/false-nine types positions.

Overall a pretty solid performance where we controlled the tempo for long periods and took few risks in possession.

Quinn had a poor game and all Utd's danger came through that.

Our final ball/decision was poor, so there weren't the number of chances created that there should have been given our control in the middle third of the pitch.

Utd aren't the soft touch that they have been for most of the last few years any more, but there ain't much ability in their squad now. Can see them struggling to score enough goals to win consistently.

Strong statement to go and rest key players and still win away to a team that thinks they should be able to compete with us and who much of the press think are of comparable standard to us. We were miles ahead of them last season and we've got stonger over the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Exciting to see McLean looking like the player I thougt we signed (and more).

Getting goals, but also looking sharper and being more generally influential that he was throught the second half of last season.

Was always hopeful he just needed time to understand how to play in our system and the existing players needed time to understand his style.

Now we appear to have a really strong trequartista.

Last season it was that role and goalkeeper that really cost us, but now we appear much stronger in both.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the inevitable fate of a journalist in Scotland who is not just obsessed with Glasgow and pandering to Rangers (old and new) and Celtic:

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/interview-with-jim-spence/

Can't say what you want because of the BBC.

Can't say what you want because cuntish Weegies will threaten you and your family.

Can't not talk about cuntish Weegies because BBC Scotland isn't interested in anything happening outside Glasgow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)