[GER] Bundesliga 2015/2016 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Kevin De Bruyne named Bundesliga's best player, Di Matteo worst coach

Kevin De Bruyne has been voted the Bundesliga's outfield Player of the Year, while former Schalke coach Roberto Di Matteo was named most disappointing manager of the season.

The Wolfsburg midfielder collected 52.5 percent of the 183 votes from Bundesliga players in the biannual vote in German football magazine kicker.

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben, who topped the poll in the winter but missed the majority of the run-in with injuries, finished in second place with 23.5 percent.

Bayer Leverkusen's Germany international Karim Bellarabi finished third with 6.6 percent.

Belgium international De Bruyne, who scored 10 goals and set up another 20, was instrumental in Wolfsburg's successful campaign as they finished second in the Bundesliga as well as lifting the DFB Pokal for the first time in their history.

De Bruyne has been linked with a move away from Volkswagen Arena and, while his club have said he will not be sold, the former Chelsea star has repeatedly refused to rule out an exit.

"We will discuss my future, the club and me, once the season is finished," De Bruyne is quoted as telling L'Equipe. "I have not caused any problems. I am going to take my time, but the squad really has to be reinforced because it will be harder next season to play both the Bundesliga and the Champions League.

"If I leave, I have no preference where I go. In my head, it is 95 percent I won't go to Russia or Italy. It is not my style of play, but England, Spain, France or the Bundesliga, yes. They are the best leagues. They are some very good teams. That appeals to me."

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich's Manuel Neuer was named Goalkeeper of the Year with 26.8 percent in the kicker poll.

Borussia Monchengladbach keeper Yann Sommer was second with 16.9 percent, while Freiburg's Roman Burki -- who has been linked with Borussia Dortmund -- received 14.2 percent.

Looks like we can categorically leave him out of our AM position with this statement.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
The promising midfielder, who was the subject of interest from Juventus and Tottenham, joined on a four-year deal from 1860 Munich

Borussia Dortmund have completed the signing of highly rated teenage midfielder Julian Weigl from 2. Bundesliga side 1860 Munich for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old, who had been linked with Juventus and Tottenham, arrives at Signal Iduna Park on a four-year contract.

"Julian Weigl is a prospective player for the Borussia Dortmund central midfield," sporting director Michael Zorc said. "We believe he has great development potential."

Germany Under-20 international Weigl, who played in 24 league games for 1860 in 2014-15, is the second Dortmund signing in a new era under Thomas Tuchel, with Gonzalo Castro also arriving from Bayer Leverkusen.

Weigl is currently representing his country in the U-20 World Cup in New Zealand.

- - - Updated - - -

3rd German youngster, we didn't get in recent times i can remember , the other two was Draxler prior to him extending with Schalke and the other one is Marc-Oliver Kempf the CB.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I wonder if having Khedira will help convince younger German talents to consider Juve?
Having access to cheapest and most promising talent market in football would be awesome.

In general I'd say that german talents, except the stupid ones like Schürrle, prefer going step by step. They join a slightly better club that still guarantees them playing time

- - - Updated - - -

So unless we want to take risks and actually use a Geis or Volland I don't see them come

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Having access to cheapest and most promising talent market in football would be awesome.

In general I'd say that german talents, except the stupid ones like Schürrle, prefer going step by step. They join a slightly better club that still guarantees them playing time

- - - Updated - - -

So unless we want to take risks and actually use a Geis or Volland I don't see them come
We have taken risks with youth. Pogba in his first year. Coman last year. Now perhaps Berardi?

As long as we have a solid core of great players, there isn't any reason we can't integrate younger talents little by little. Rugani possibly next season too.

Germany is producing some great talents it would be nice to try and tap that market.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
I wonder if having Khedira will help convince younger German talents to consider Juve?
i wonder if there is a member around who could clarify this once and for all :boh:

we might have a chance as long as they are neither bayern-bound nor talented.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
Can anyone challenge the genius guardiola?
Maybe Wolfsburg, but even they can't spend enough to make up Bayern's financial advantage within a season or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Schürrle was never anything special to begin with.
Leverkusen was jumping for joy once they knew an english club with moneybags was interested and gave them €20+ M.

Geis is rumored to both Dortmund and Schalke, though, I don't know where Schalke would get that money from, unless they're selling Draxler(€45 M opt out) to England.

Volland just re-signed with Hoffenheim(taking away that cheap €15 M opt out), who're buying quite a bit to finally make a run for those international spots.

i wonder if there is a member around who could clarify this once and for all :boh:

we might have a chance as long as they are neither bayern-bound nor talented.
There are plenty of german talents which aren't Bayern bound but still pretty talented.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:D

if Bayern aren’t interested, the player(s) can’t be that good. :boh:

to much buli hype if you ask me.

i’d take:

Volland
Geis :)tuttosport:)
Wendell :)tuttosport:)
Brand
Meyer
Heun-min-Song...and a few others.

(left out the ones who would only go for a shitload of money)

but i do not see more talent in the buli than there is in serie a.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
:D

if Bayern aren’t interested, the player(s) can’t be that good. :boh:

to much buli hype if you ask me.

i’d take:

Volland
Geis :)tuttosport:)
Wendell :)tuttosport:)
Brand
Meyer
Heun-min-Song...and a few others.

(left out the ones who would only go for a $#@!load of money)

but i do not see more talent in the buli than there is in serie a.
Wendell :tuttosport:

also, wouldn't Meyer go for a shitload of money too? doesent he have a 40M or something release clause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)