The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2 Viewers)

OP
CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4
    @Lion been playing it for a few hours. I'll tell you this, Red Dead Redemption meets Skyrim if Skyrim actually had a story. The game is amazing.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    how is combat? is it smooth? what about difficulty? does it feel epic ala skyrim intro or mass effect 2 or 3 intro?

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #6
    how is combat? is it smooth? what about difficulty? does it feel epic ala skyrim intro or mass effect 2 or 3 intro?
    Kinda like Assassins Creed and the Arkham Series but upgraded.

For instance, you can parry, roll or jump back in order to avoid an attack. Kinda gives you an idea how extensive the combat system is.

I'm playing it in hard so it's almost Bloodborne like when it comes to it's difficulty. Enemies have different levels and it's almost impossible to beat one that's higher than you. Like when you first find the Deathclaws in Fallout.

Let me put it this way, you have Red Dead Redemption's sense of real place with beautiful graphics, Arkham Series' detective work as he hunts monsters, Dark Souls' difficulty but rewarding feeling if you play harder difficulty settings and the vast world of Skyrim but better. All of this with important choice making moments like Mass Effect and what The Witcher was always best at; it's kick ass story.

The praise it's getting is well deserved. Best RPG in a long time.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #11
    50 some hours in haven't even done 20%. The game is fucking huge.

The missions are so well made and so is the story. This is what a fantasy RPG game should be like.

Watch and learn, Bethesda.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    I have the game.

Still in its wrapper. I haven't had the time. I had to get it for Xbox One though, as the three stores I went to were sold out of the PS4 version, and I got desperate.

I know, I know.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #13
    I have the game.

Still in its wrapper. I haven't had the time. I had to get it for Xbox One though, as the three stores I went to were sold out of the PS4 version, and I got desperate.

I know, I know.
    :lol: I know that desperation. Even though i said i wasn't gonna pre order it, i ended up doing it for the special price with the expansions.

You're gonna love it. Game of Thrones level of story. I love the little details in everything, the NPCs, the world, even your swords look like it's been worked on extensively. It looks like real weapons with character.

The weather system... damn, the light rain to a storm, to a rising sun... Dude, play it already! :D

Ken

The Dutch Touch
    Aug 17, 2007
    This game :delpiero:

I bought it for PS4 the other day and it is simply amazing. The sheer size and level of detail... so much to do...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    Eh... Can't get into any games anymore. I don't know if the games are not that involving or interesting, they are nothing inovating or surprising or just got bored of them and computers are not that interesting anymore.

Those were the days of old games...

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #17
    @Lion remember we were discussing about how long it could be? I've put 70 + hours into the game so far and have barely done any of main missions. They weren't lying when they said you could make it a 200 hour game if you're a completist.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    i bet one of the things u wasted time on was everytime the character u controlled moved, u rotated the camera to see how his hair moved or how his face moved.

dont lie bro.

OP
    CrimsonianKing

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
  • Thread Starter #19
    i bet one of the things u wasted time on was everytime the character u controlled moved, u rotated the camera to see how his hair moved or how his face moved.

dont lie bro.
    :lol: I knew you were gonna come up with some funny shit like that.

Crafting, bro. Lots of crafting stuff, gathering ingredients for potions, discovering new locations, etc... It's just a lot of do in the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)