Paulo Dybala - Player discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 306

View Poll Results: How many goals and assists this year?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-5 GOALS

4 2.12%
  • 6-10 GOALS

39 20.63%
  • 11-15 GOALS

93 49.21%
  • 15+ GOALS

42 22.22%
  • 0-5 ASSISTS

12 6.35%
  • 6-10 ASSISTS

87 46.03%
  • 11-15 ASSISTS

43 22.75%
  • 15+ ASSISTS

17 8.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 306 of 420 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 8398

Thread: Paulo Dybala

Power Driver 2.0 Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    It wasn't tied with Boksic. Del Piero outscored Vieri across competitions. 15 goals to 14 goals. Boksic? He had like 3 goals in Serie A that year.

We have never just sold players because they asked to leave or because of big offers.

Every single example of a sale of a big player, has clear implications of the club moving on from players.

Inzaghi... we had bought Trez the year before and decided to move forward with him.

Vieri... we had for one year, just like every single club he played for before Inter. We didn't see him as integral to the team and replaced him with Inzaghi.

Baggio... Our management disliked him, we had an upcoming superstar no 10 in Del Piero, and the club decided to go in that direction which was clearly the right decision.

Zidane was coming off his worst couple seasons at Juventus. Including a really disappointing last season. He wanted to move, and the club had no desire to keep him as we needed to rebuild as well. He was also 29.

Vidal was coming off his worst season, with huge disciplinary problems, and alcohol problems.

None of these were just an under-25 player demanding to be sold, or the club accepting big offers for our under-25 superstars.

We've never done that. Ever.

- - - Updated - - -

spot on
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

Yahtzee Champion Penguin Bashing Champion Hexxagon Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    What would that sum be in today's market with inflation?
    Something like 150M minimum, with players like James or di Maria going for 80M
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    over some BS about business
    you clearly underestimate nowadays world.
    This is how bacon is supposed to be. The fries, they blend so perfectly.
    The cheese up in here, is goin' ham. Dayum, dayum, dayum!
    I wish, you can smell what I'm smellin'. You bite the fry, the fry bites back my man.
    Dayum, dayum, dayum!

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelPiero84 View Post
    Vieri scored 8 goals in Serie A and you call it a good season. We sold the guy who didn't deliver and replaced him with the top Serie A scorer of the previous season. Inzaghi.
    It was a good season because he was top scorer with Ale in Serie a at 8 goals, and I think it was him and Boksic tied in Europe as top scorers in that season. Overall, that same season Vieri was top scorer with Ale across competitions, give or take a goal.

Baggio was benched for Ale for most of the year and this is also the case of a player near his 30s, where it's wiser to sell before too late. Neither at Milan or Inter did he rediscover his previous form on a regular basis.
    Baggio was benched also coz of the politics between him Lippi and Moggi. They wanted him to take a huge paycut and that triggered his sale in a primary way. He actually didn't do too bad for Meelan, coz the year we sold him he got injured but recovered well with a few goals and a high assist ratio that eventually helped them win the the Scudetto that year. If you remember, Lippi and Baggio never saw eye to eye and that fractious relationship was well documented at Inter too.

Trez and Inzagi were both top forwards but they would never have been satisfied to share playing time. Trez was obviously more talented and had more facets to his game. Simple decision of upgrading the attack as proven in subsequent years when Trez outscored Inzaghi in almost every season.
    I'm a huge fan of Trez, and I had a distinct dislike for Pippo, but we are saying this in hindsight. There's nothing to suggest that Pippo wouldn't have continued to deliver had he stayed. It worked out great for everyone involved, but that alludes to my point that we arent afraid to sell.

Definitely looked past it in his final year here.
    Honestly bud, which player doesn't have an off season or so!? Nedved started with a below par year but look how that ended up for him. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Zizou isn't the player you sell because of a dip in form. Thats like saying we would sell Pogba if he had an off season. We sold Zizou coz he wanted out. More his wife, but still that was the primary reason. As was the case with Vidal.
    We dream in black and white but kick ass in living colour.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    you clearly underestimate nowadays world.
    All I know is Pogba and Dybi are staying here for their prime years atleast
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    All I know is Pogba and Dybi are staying here for their prime years atleast
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway. You know we're on the same side.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baggio View Post
    Sorry if I hurt your feelings in anyway. You know we're on the same side.
    My feelings? Nah, im OK
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    @baggio

Sorry if I went a little ad hominem on you there. I think we're mostly in agreement. The club isn't afraid to sell, but pretty much always on its own terms, and has never really sold under-25 stars. I'm curious to see how the next couple years play out.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Power Driver 2.0 Champion
    Cash
    Mentioned
    1117 Post(s)
    It was a good season because he was top scorer with Ale in Serie a at 8 goals, and I think it was him and Boksic tied in Europe as top scorers in that season. Overall, that same season Vieri was top scorer with Ale across competitions, give or take a goal.
    DP was injured most of the season so this isn't some teriffic accomplishment, that he was tied with a player, who missed half the games that year.

Baggio was benched also coz of the politics between him Lippi and Moggi. They wanted him to take a huge paycut and that triggered his sale in a primary way. He actually didn't do too bad for Meelan, coz the year we sold him he got injured but recovered well with a few goals and a high assist ratio that eventually helped them win the the Scudetto that year. If you remember, Lippi and Baggio never saw eye to eye and that fractious relationship was well documented at Inter too.
    Because he wasnt considered indispensable anymore with young and up and coming DP. Ofc we're looking to reduce the salary for those kind of players. That should be enough to tell you how the club had felt about Baggio in his final year.

I'm a huge fan of Trez, and I had a distinct dislike for Pippo, but we are saying this in hindsight. There's nothing to suggest that Pippo wouldn't have continued to deliver had he stayed. It worked out great for everyone involved, but that alludes to my point that we arent afraid to sell.
    His last year here was exactly what suggested that he won't deliver anymore. And Trez outscored him that year so this wasn't tough decision nor do we need hindsight to evaluate mgt's choice. You have younger, more prolific striker, with more aspects to his game and on the other side there's a guy who may consider himself the luckiest foward that has ever played footie. No skills, poor shot, but fantastic positioning. Both want a starting place. I know who I'd choose.

Honestly bud, which player doesn't have an off year!? Nedved started with a below par year but look how that ended up for him. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Zizou isn't the player you sell because of a dip in form. Thats like saying we would sell Pogba if he had an off season. We sold Zizou coz he wanted out. More his wife, but still that was the primary reason. As was the case with Vidal.
    It wasn't dip in form. Zidane didn't perform for us anymore nowhere close to the level he had been between 96-99. For 71m, record fee at that time, it's a no brainer.

The whole point is that neither player that we have sold over the years wasnt in prime of their abilities, that either lost his place to younger competitor (Baggio, Inzaghi), struggled to get to previous levels (Zidane) or have off the field issues (Vidal).
    Last edited by DelPiero84; 25.05.2016 at 23:42.
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    @baggio

Sorry if I went a little ad hominem on you there. I think we're mostly in agreement. The club isn't afraid to sell, but pretty much always on its own terms, and has never really sold under-25 stars. I'm curious to see how the next couple years play out.
    Not at all bud. Had a bit of a rough day so I probably came off a little unstuck myself. Apologies.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Whats with the appologies everyone
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    DP was injured most of the season so this isn't some teriffic accomplishment, that he was tied with a player, who missed half the games that year.

Because he wasnt considered indispensable anymore with young and up and coming DP. Ofc we're looking to reduce the salary for those kind of players. That should be enough to tell you how the club had felt about Baggio in his final year.

His last year here was exactly what suggested that he won't deliver anymore. And Trez outscored him that year so this wasn't tough decision nor do we need hindsight to evaluate mgt's choice. You have younger, more prolific striker, with more aspects to his game and on the other side there's a guy who may consider himself the luckiest foward that has ever played footie. No skills, poor shot, but fantastic positioning. Both want a starting place. I know who I'd choose.

It wasn't dip in form. Zidane didn't perform for us anymore nowhere close to the level he had been between 96-99. For 71m, record fee at that time, it's a no brainer.

The whole point is that neither player that we have sold over the years wasnt in prime of their abilities, that either lost his place to younger competitor (Baggio, Inzaghi), struggled to get to previous levels (Zidane) or have off the field issues (Vidal).
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've already made my points on this matter and don't want to discuss it any further coz it's going around in circles. No offense, just had a bit of a long day. Peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats with the appologies everyone
    I think the mutual respect between the old guard at the Tuz kind of kicks in every now and then. You will learn young Zizinho.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've already made my points on this matter and don't want to discuss it any further coz it's going around in circles. No offense, just had a bit of a long day. Peace.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the mutual respect between the old guard at the Tuz kind of kicks in every now and then. You will learn young Zizinho.
    This is a site where people talk $#@! and insult each other all the time, i dont think you have to appologize for being a bit harsh. But oh well
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Dude are you high?!?
    Zidane was no where what??!? what the heck did he do for 5 years in Real Madrid becoming of their legends???

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    This is a site where people talk $#@! and insult each other all the time, i dont think you have to appologize for being a bit harsh. But oh well
    Na. You'll notice some understand how to address others. I've been around here a long time, and a lot of my approach today with fellow posters is about respecting their opinions no matter how much $#@! someone may spew or how much of a disagreement there maybe. I guess it's a generational thing on the Tuz. Back in the day, half of the convos you see on here today wouldn't even exist. It's degenerate how some people approach convos here today, but you gotta live with it and work around it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1498 Post(s)
    Na. You'll notice some understand how to address others. I've been around here a long time, and a lot of my approach today with fellow posters is about respecting their opinions no matter how much $#@! someone may spew or how much of a disagreement there maybe. I guess it's a generational thing on the Tuz. Back in the day, half of the convos you see on here today wouldn't even exist. It's degenerate how some people approach convos here today, but you gotta live with it and work around it.
    OK, sorry for bothering you then
    34 SUL CAMPO ✔

Cash
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    OK, sorry for bothering you then
    Haha, not bothered bud. I was talking generically.

Cash
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    I'm pretty sure all Syrian refugees could find shelter in a pussy this size.
    Need to spread before giving it to you again but I'll try to remember to +rep you later on.

Juventuz regular

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    $#@! off Barcelona.

Cash
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Messi commanding that Dybi won't travel to Copa America, alienating him from Barca