Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1802

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1802 of 1951 FirstFirst ... 802130217021752179218001801180218031804181218521902 ... LastLast
Results 36,021 to 36,040 of 39017

Cash
    Mentioned
    1349 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    one of the most mongolid decitions ever from that man,.
    Dude's just too intense. Needs to take a chill pill and realize that playing harder isn't better than playing smarter.

World Boss

Cash
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Allegri still needs to prove himself in the CL. 2 finals without a win is still something that needs to be bettered. With all due respect winning domestic doubles in what is considered a not so great league isnt exactly a feat when it has been done year on year.

If we again fail in the CL regardless of being the the weaker team out of the big 3 Real Barca and Bayern them clearly not only does our transfer policy need to change but so does the likes of our manager.

Might be harsh but that is how the best in Europe operate...they strive for the best and dont $#@! around.
    You really think the manager is one of the reasons we lost two finals? Not that the other teams were simply better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Allegri still needs to prove himself in the CL. 2 finals without a win is still something that needs to be bettered. With all due respect winning domestic doubles in what is considered a not so great league isnt exactly a feat when it has been done year on year.

If we again fail in the CL regardless of being the the weaker team out of the big 3 Real Barca and Bayern them clearly not only does our transfer policy need to change but so does the likes of our manager.

Might be harsh but that is how the best in Europe operate...they strive for the best and dont $#@! around.

By that logic, Di Matteo is a great manager then?

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Allegri still needs to prove himself in the Champion's League. What utter rubbish.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    You really think the manager is one of the reasons we lost two finals? Not that the other teams were simply better?
    I think that Allegri made tactical mistakes in both finals. He left Pirlo on for the entire game against Barcelona, and played a 2 man midfield against Real Madrid.

He did a great job to reach those finals, but his performance in the final itself left a lot to be desired.

Cash
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    maybe he will get it spot on with a 3rd one? lets hope so
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Atletico took Real Madrid to penalties in 2016. This was despite the fact that’s Ramos scored an offside goal and Griezmann missed a penalty in regular time.

It can be done, even if you have an inferior team on paper.

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    With Sarri we'd win all the finals. Trebles every year.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    With Sarri we wouldn't even be anywhere near a final. However, Allegri's tactical decisions in both finals, especially last year, did leave a lot to be desired. We shouldn't have been humiliated in that manner. We went in 1-1 @ HT and seemingly in the ascendancy, only to inexplicably capitulate in the subsequent 45+ minutes.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    With Sarri we wouldn't even be anywhere near a final. However, Allegri's tactical decisions in both finals, especially last year, did leave a lot to be desired. We shouldn't have been humiliated in that manner. We went in 1-1 @ HT and seemingly in the ascendancy, only to inexplicably capitulate in the subsequent 45+ minutes.
    Oh I agree, we should have been in with a shout to win against a slightly superior team. However, Pjanic and Mandzukic picking up knocks early in the second half, kind of ruined that "ascendancy", and we had no bench to cover. I'd blame Marotta for that. We had no cover and no subs worth mentioning for our midfield, so with Khedira having a poor match just returned from the injury that made him miss Coppa final, and Pjanic picking up an injury and eventually having to be subbed off when he could no longer continue. Our lack of any depth in the midfield or on the wings was what really fried us in that second half. Laughably embarrassing. Something went mentally wrong with that team at halftime or early in the second half. I'd say Allegri didn't have the team mentally prepared.

The Barca final, the team itself was timid, but I don't think there was much wrong with Allegri's tactics in that match. Once the players got over their initial 30 minutes of stage fright, or whatever it was, we were a fair match for Barca for the rest of the match.

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Bonucci turned ape$#@!.

Cash
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Oh I agree, we should have been in with a shout to win against a slightly superior team. However, Pjanic and Mandzukic picking up knocks early in the second half, kind of ruined that "ascendancy", and we had no bench to cover. I'd blame Marotta for that. We had no cover and no subs worth mentioning for our midfield, so with Khedira having a poor match just returned from the injury that made him miss Coppa final, and Pjanic picking up an injury and eventually having to be subbed off when he could no longer continue. Our lack of any depth in the midfield or on the wings was what really fried us in that second half. Laughably embarrassing. Something went mentally wrong with that team at halftime or early in the second half. I'd say Allegri didn't have the team mentally prepared.

The Barca final, the team itself was timid, but I don't think there was much wrong with Allegri's tactics in that match. Once the players got over their initial 30 minutes of stage fright, or whatever it was, we were a fair match for Barca for the rest of the match.
    We were actually closer to winning that 2015 final as opposed to the 2017 one. Once we drew level, I felt we held our own pretty well. Barca's 3rd goal came in the dying seconds, but up until that point we were definitely in with a shout.

As for last year, a lot of things that could go wrong, did go wrong, but Allegri, rightfully, has to take take some of the blame. Marotta most definitely is also liable, and the players for switching off.

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I think you can for sure make mental problems as one of the issues. Our players looked nervous. Real ones looked like 'been there done that'. They settled in and thrived. You can also make a case of superiority complex. Both against Barca and Real where they simply have so many more winners particularly CL proven winners.

This should be our next transfer policy target. Trying to bring in more CL proven players. Well like Mandzu who did score our goal. And like instead of Costa you buy Müller.

Real replaced Khedira with Kroos who won CL with Bayern. Although the powershift is happening as we speak with examples like Neymar and replaced by Dembele. Barca bringing players from China as their starting mids from the days of Xavi.

2015 dont think is much to blame or argue. Ultimately Barcelona had more proven winners and we somewhat overachieved anyway. Our major signing was Morata who we had no idea what impact would he make. Obv we had a good setup but we werent considered one of the favorites. Especially when u compare what money Real had spent on guys like Bale the previous summer. Tevez hadnt score regular in CL for years. And after Conte failures we were not expected to reach final let alone win it.

In some sense we were just happy to be there. It had been 12 years since our last final. It had been 9 years since our relegation where we had no idea if we ever would reach goals and heights as big again.

Last year/summer we def went for it with the big spendings although you can still question if Higuain is the type of guy to spend big and considered a major CL difference maker given his history. But our transfer policy is largely about buying serie a proven players and Higuain broke records at Napoli. Same with Pjanic in terms of assists/fks.

The next step should be bringing major player (proven) from another league who isnt exactly cheap either. Guys like Costa are ultimatelt opportunistic moves which we have done ever since Marotta took over.

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We were actually closer to winning that 2015 final as opposed to the 2017 one. Once we drew level, I felt we held our own pretty well. Barca's 3rd goal came in the dying seconds, but up until that point we were definitely in with a shout.

As for last year, a lot of things that could go wrong, did go wrong, but Allegri, rightfully, has to take take some of the blame. Marotta most definitely is also liable, and the players for switching off.
    Yes, for all the talk of mental capitulation in last year's final, I think people also have to realize we got quite unlucky with their crucial second goal which was a heavy deflection

Cash
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    I think you can for sure make mental problems as one of the issues. Our players looked nervous. Real ones looked like 'been there done that'. They settled in and thrived. You can also make a case of superiority complex. Both against Barca and Real where they simply have so many more winners particularlt CL proven winners.

This should be our next transfer policy target. Trying to bring in more CL proven players. Well like Mandzu who did score our goal.

Real replaced Khedira with Kroos who won CL with Bayern. Although the powershift is happening as we speak with examples like Neymar and replaced by Dembele. Barca bringing players from China as their starting mids from the days of Xavi.

2015 dont think is much to blame or argue. Ultimately Barcelona had more proven winners and we somewhat overachieved anyway. Our major signing was Morata who we had no idea what impact would he make. Obv we had a good setup but we werent considered one of the favorites. Especially when u compare what money Real had spent on guys like Bale the previous summer. Tevez hadnt score regular in CL for years. And after Conte failures we were not expected to reach final let alone win it.
    That 2015 midfield tho

Tevez and Morata were in beast mode in the CL KOs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dyl1dyl View Post
    Yes, for all the talk of mental capitulation in last year's final, I think people also have to realize we got quite unlucky with their crucial second goal which was a heavy deflection
    We got unlucky, but let's not pin this on luck. We could've and should've done much better.

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    That 2015 midfield tho

Tevez and Morata were in beast mode in the CL KOs
    - - - Updated - - -
    That midfield had failed to reach knockouts previous season.

Barca had Messi. Besides Suarez and Neymar.

Ultimately MSN>Tevez&Morata

From what i remember barca won the midfield battle. Pirlo was neutralized. Vidal was too busy kicking people and almost got sent off. Pogba was dabing. Marchisio produced our moment of brilliance.

I do wonder what a Pjanic-Vidal midfield would be like though. Khedira has to be replaced in the summer but like i said before. We need proven winners here. Emre can doesnt fit that description at all.

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    That midfield had failed to reach knockouts previous season.

Barca had Messi. Besides Suarez and Neymar.

Ultimately MSN>Tevez&Morata

Marchisio produced our moment of brilliance.
    this is the 1 and only thing about Allegri that pisses me off. Why the $#@! does Marchisio not start more??? I want to see a Pjanic/Marchisio distribution setup with Matuidi helping protect them, run hard and win the ball.

Cash
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

We should have never switched to the 343 and kept the same 4231 which we $#@!d Barca with. Dropping Cuadrado was a huge mistake by Max imo

Cash
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)

You know what annoys me a lot in hindsight about last year's loss to Madrid. I wasn't paying too much attention to it in the lead-up to the final, and didn't think much of it, until after we got spanked, but...

Did you listen to our players in the couple weeks lead-up to the final after knocking Monaco out?

They were talking a lot. And just foolish stuff. Multiple players talking about Ballon d'Or, Alves, Buffon, etc. Buffon did an interview where he talked about how winning the final and then the Ballon d'Or would be the perfect fairytale ending. Alves talking about how he came to share the dream of winning CL with our team and Buffon. Bonucci talking about how Juventus provokes fear in opponents and every side should worry about facing us. How it was "our time" and we were ready this time, and so on.

Meanwhile Real Madrid players weren't boasting, even having won 2 of the last 3 before this one. Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't talking about Ballon d'Or. Their players weren't talking about how other teams should fear them. They quietly went about their business, and prepared for the final.

Our players needed to do the same. Keep quiet, work hard, prepare, and get their minds right. We had not won anything yet, the CL a title eluding us for 20 years. It was just the wrong sort of mentality and prep to be going on like they were, right before the final, especially the veterans. Allegri should have nipped that in the bud, got their focus back on the game and winning it, and not on talking about winning it beforehand.

Cash
    Mentioned
    597 Post(s)

You know what annoys me a lot in hindsight about last year's loss to Madrid. I wasn't paying too much attention to it in the lead-up to the final, and didn't think much of it, until after we got spanked, but...

Did you listen to our players in the couple weeks lead-up to the final after knocking Monaco out?

They were talking a lot. And just foolish stuff. Multiple players talking about Ballon d'Or, Alves, Buffon, etc. Buffon did an interview where he talked about how winning the final and then the Ballon d'Or would the the perfect fairytale ending. Alves talking about how he came to share the dream of winning CL with our team and Buffon. Bonucci talking about how Juventus provokes fear in opponents and every side should worry about facing us. How it was "our time" and we were ready this time, and so on.

Meanwhile Real Madrid players weren't boasting, even having won 2 of the last 3 before this one. Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't talking about Ballon d'Or. Their players weren't talking about how other teams should fear them. They quietly went about their business, and prepared for the final.

Our players needed to do the same. Keep quiet, work hard, prepare, and get their minds right. We had not won anything yet, the CL a title eluding us for 20 years. It was just the wrong sort of mentality and prep to be going on like they were, right before the final, especially the veterans. Allegri should have nipped that in the bud, got their focus back on the game and winning it, and not on talking about winning it beforehand.
    If we somehow manage to make it back to the Final this year, I'd like us to keep a low profile. No more cringe videos from our media team, no talking to the press, no BS. We need to focus on getting the job done, and finally reaching "The Promised Land."