Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1643

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1643 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 643114315431593163316411642164316441645 ... LastLast
Results 32,841 to 32,860 of 33034
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I'm down to try against weak opposition

Would about Douglas Costa though? Will he not be playing due to lack of workrate?
    Can come on for Mandzu in minute 70, to run past already dead-tired defenders.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    I suppose he can only play when Cuadrado or Manbro is on the opposite flank
    There is no god but Beppe and Euromaxx is his messenger

Cash
    Mentioned
    2115 Post(s)
    Putting Dybala at CAM does not suit his strengths

- - - Updated - - -

Would about Douglas Costa though? Will he not be playing due to lack of workrate?
    i guess we’ll see
    2017/2018 - 13 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Yeah it will be 3-4-2-1, technically speaking it will be like our 4-2-3-1 with the right players, and I dont mind it due to our lack of RB options.

Gigi

Höwedes - Rugani - Chiellini

Cuadrado - Pjanic, Matuidi - Sandro

Dybala - Mandzukic

Higauin

Is very close to a:

Gigi

Höwedes - Rugani, Chiellini, Sandro

Pjanic - Matuidi

Cuadrado - Dybala - Mandzukic

Higauin

Its basically the same role for most players, main thing that changes is Chiellini will have the freedom to move further up with the ball then usual I'm guessing. The roles for the others should stay fairly similar most likely (for example Mandzu goes central and leaves whole left to Sandro anyways). Höwedes was never likely to join the attack so RCB or RB is not too different for his tasks. Dybala will still operate in the channels (and get lost...), ocassionally drift wide.

The shape or functionality of the above only changes drastically if Cuadrado is not available btw, you cannot play Licht instead of him, then it essentially becomes broken system with 5 defenders, then fluid or mobile as it could be.

Main difference will be there will be NO overlapping behind Cuadrado, that right side CB will stay put, or just receive passes for safety.
    The idea of mandzukic playing behind Higuain sounds bad, sooner see Costa or Bernadeschi in that role
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

Cash
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badass Dybala View Post
    The idea of mandzukic playing behind Higuain sounds bad, sooner see Costa or Bernadeschi in that role
    It would basically be same role he has now, left forward.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus

"Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

PAULO DYBBAAALLLAAA!!! Badass Dybala's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Putting Dybala at CAM does not suit his strengths

- - - Updated - - -

It suits him more so than putting him on the wing, everyone will know he will switch to his favoured left food and shut him down
    ILLLLLL TRICOLOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICOLOOOOOOOOOOOR ABBIAMO VINTO IL TRICCCOOOOLLLOOOOOORRRRRRRRR

It's not Just a stadium - It's our Home. It's not just a kit - It's our Skin. We're not only Eleven - We're Millions. We're not just a crowd - We're a family. It's not just 90 minutes - It's a lifetime. It's not just a passion - It's an emotion. It's not just a game - It's our life. Juventus is not just a club - It's a lifestyle!

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    I'm not sure I agree. Dybala's poor first touch and lack of willingness to use his right foot often puts him in trouble when he has no room or time on the ball in the center. He's just not a CAM at all. Out wide he would have more space to take more touches on the ball as well as doing his favorite thing which is cut inside and shoot with his left. Dybala skates by in the middle because his immense ability sort of makes up for his lack of instinct in the center but I think trying him further out wide is a good idea.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but the idea that Dybala's favorite thing is to be cutting in from the right is a myth on tuz imo.

Find me stats to back up that claim.

Best thing about having him playing as AM (centrally) is that it allows him to place the ball wherever he wants to. His shot is great, why limit him to those Robben moves - Cut in, aim for top left corner? He ain't got the speed to begin with and his shot would be wasted.

RS would be fine, but RW would be an absolute waste imo.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

Cash
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Ok not favorite thing. He is good at it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    When we used 3-4-2-1 last year Dybala wasn't too wide. He was mostly on the right corner of the box which is his perfect position.

This formation suits him better. It's slightly more attacking in the final 3rd because it can look like this:

Higuain
    Alex Sandro - Mandzukic - Dybala - Cuadrado

Currently we will only have 4 players in the final 3rd. It's basically the addition of Alex Sandro that takes up Mario's spot. Now Mario drops in more centrally. There's just more players to mark and less to cover Dybala, so he finds more time on the ball.

Now the weakness is transition defending because you will have the 3 CBs + 2 DMs whereas now we basically have 4 defenders + 2 DMs. For the transition defending to work, you will need Alex Sandro and Cuadrado to be switched on if they are on the weakside flank. Which they usually are. If we are attacking down the left flank and Cuadrado is pressing up high on the opposite side, I'm sure he will be able to still recover quickly to provide that 6th man.

When we set it up though, it's the same 4-4-2 defence.

I do prefer this formation. I think when it's going well, it's better than our other options. But it's riskier.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    When we used 3-4-2-1 last year Dybala wasn't too wide. He was mostly on the right corner of the box which is his perfect position.

This formation suits him better. It's slightly more attacking in the final 3rd because it can look like this:

Higuain
    Alex Sandro - Mandzukic - Dybala - Cuadrado

Currently we will only have 4 players in the final 3rd. It's basically the addition of Alex Sandro that takes up Mario's spot. Now Mario drops in more centrally. There's just more players to mark and less to cover Dybala, so he finds more time on the ball.

Now the weakness is transition defending because you will have the 3 CBs + 2 DMs whereas now we basically have 4 defenders + 2 DMs. For the transition defending to work, you will need Alex Sandro and Cuadrado to be switched on if they are on the weakside flank. Which they usually are. If we are attacking down the left flank and Cuadrado is pressing up high on the opposite side, I'm sure he will be able to still recover quickly to provide that 6th man.

When we set it up though, it's the same 4-4-2 defence.

I do prefer this formation. I think when it's going well, it's better than our other options. But it's riskier.
    yep...

Cash
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    I have been pointing out that the current formation 4-2-3-1 is not working for us before the lost CL final and imo, this is the main reason we lost it!
    I understand that Allegri needs to leave his mark as a coach and wants to change Conte's formation.
    I also understand that our mngmnt wants Juve to play a more attractive, offensive football.
    But the system is not working and the players are systematically underperforming.
    We are losing to very inferior teams and this system is about to cost us more titles and Max's seat.
    A change is imperative! Italian newspapers insists quite a time now that Allegri is testing new formations, primarily 3-4-3 variations.
    A formation change cannot happen in a day, there is lot of testing and fine calibrations that need to be done.
    So obviously a holiday, or NT break is the right opportunity, hopefully it will happen, before too late...
    JuventusjeepAllianzArena

Juventuz bench

Cash
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since we have conceded a lot of Goals this season allegri wants three center back so as to provide defensive solidity but will this formation work in Europe

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think a change of formation could be very good for us defensive wise as we just cant keep our sheet clean...
    3-4-3 It means Cuad and A.Sandro supporting 3 CB so the players for the formation are already decided unless D.Costa makes us think about him.. I wonder how he fares in a more central role alongside Dybala..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    I have been pointing out that the current formation 4-2-3-1 is not working for us before the lost CL final and imo, this is the main reason we lost it!I understand that Allegri needs to leave his mark as a coach and wants to change Conte's formation.
    I also understand that our mngmnt wants Juve to play a more attractive, offensive football.
    But the system is not working and the players are systematically underperforming.
    We are losing to very inferior teams and this system is about to cost us more titles and Max's seat.
    A change is imperative! Italian newspapers insists quite a time now that Allegri is testing new formations, primarily 3-4-3 variations.
    A formation change cannot happen in a day, there is lot of testing and fine calibrations that need to be done.
    So obviously a holiday, or NT break is the right opportunity, hopefully it will happen, before too late...
    I agree about the negatives of the 4-2-3-1 but seriously how has it not been working for us if we beat everyone comfortably until the final while in Italy we did win
    When I say I agree about the negatives I mean the central midfield is too thin and need to bolster it a bit
    The best thing we can do in the summer is sign a mean DM and a great creative type of CM to partner Pjanic (RB is an obvious need)
    Verratti and a strong DM to support Verratti and Pjanic would make our mid very strong while Dybala gets more freedom as a result of 2 creative CMs and Higuain would score for fun given all of this..
    4-3-3 after next summer is the way to go

Cash
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    At the first part of the season, we relied more on 3-5-2 and Allegri was constantly adapting.
    Tinkering make us unpredictable, but once our game is learnt, we become one dimensional and some players like Dybala, obviously don't like it.
    Allegri has great adapting capabilities, i am confident he can manage, but he must first realize and admit to himself, that for some reason, this vision of his is not working and let it go...
    As for the transfers yes a RB and a CAM are a must, but in the DM i disagree, we only just now added Matuidi, we can always find a Chan and we should really give a chance to Bentancour.
    We have DMs, it's at distribution were we suffer, clearly Dybala works better closer to the goal, but i can see Bernardeschi having a chance there before the season is over.
    Veratti would be a dream, but is now out of reach, his current team can offer him more than more from us. But we should make sure that our door is open, whenever he feels homesick!
    JuventusjeepAllianzArena

Juventuz champion

Cash
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    At the first part of the season, we relied more on 3-5-2 and Allegri was constantly adapting.
    Tinkering make us unpredictable, but once our game is learnt, we become one dimensional and some players like Dybala, obviously don't like it.
    Allegri has great adapting capabilities, i am confident he can manage, but he must first realize and admit to himself, that for some reason, this vision of his is not working and let it go...
    As for the transfers yes a RB and a CAM are a must, but in the DM i disagree, we only just now added Matuidi, we can always find a Chan and we should really give a chance to Bentancour.
    We have DMs, it's at distribution were we suffer, clearly Dybala works better closer to the goal, but i can see Bernardeschi having a chance there before the season is over.
    Veratti would be a dream, but is now out of reach, his current team can offer him more than more from us. But we should make sure that our door is open, whenever he feels homesick!
    True but his current team cant:
    1. Provide him with a top quality pasta
    2. make his family happy as we can (Juve fans)
    3. Get him to a CL final to lose in...

Cash
    Mentioned
    5535 Post(s)
    RAI's Marco Civoli[intertrista $#@!] after the Azzurri game said this defeat is also Allegri's. lol
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    1429 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    RAI's Marco Civoli[intertrista $#@!] after the Azzurri game said this defeat is also Allegri's. lol
    Street Allegri

Cash
    Mentioned
    2115 Post(s)
    Lol how? On what grounds?
    2017/2018 - 13 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

Lurkers have rights too.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)
    Völler is here with DAi.