Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1636

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
Page 1636 of 1951 FirstFirst ... 636113615361586162616341635163616371638164616861736 ... LastLast
Results 32,701 to 32,720 of 39017
  1. #32701
    Juventuz addict Dominic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,749
    Cash
    3,877
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Dybala is in the axis of play, but I think he would benefit by being taken out of it.

  2. #32702
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    29,115
    Cash
    51,736
    Mentioned
    1868 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    i dont blame you, he keeps regressing year after year. maybe his wife forbids him to visit his favorite cosplay conventions and it made him a bitter man
    I couldn't blame him if that was the case.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  3. #32703
    COME HOME MOGGI Gian's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    15,191
    Cash
    5,112
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If we're going to play a 3421 we really should use Mandzukic instead of Douglas Costa imo.

  4. #32704
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,635
    Cash
    3,913
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Our season starts in december ... when we play napoli, olympiacos, inter and roma... we'll know where we stand by christmas

  5. #32705
    Juventuz champion

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    8,854
    Cash
    19,245
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Our season starts in december ... when we play napoli, olympiacos, inter and roma... we'll know where we stand by christmas
    @JCK

  6. #32706
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,557
    Cash
    3,697
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Max doesn't know how to teach his team how to circulate the ball and pass with purpose. We are painful to watch against any decent side.

    Our easy opening round of fixtures has given a false impression of how good our attack is. Dybala was just in red hot form against mostly average teams. In the Champions League we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. That is the worst out of all the teams that (right now) are going through to the Ro16. All the others have scored 7 or more.

    We are slow, predictable, and clueless when transitioning from defence to attack. We aimlessly pass the ball from side to side, and then usually just score from individual brilliance or a set piece.

    This is a serious limitation of Allegri as a coach that needs to be addressed.

  7. #32707
    Juventuz legend Linebreak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    15,454
    Cash
    14,101
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    Max doesn't know how to teach his team how to circulate the ball and pass with purpose. We are painful to watch against any decent side.

    Our easy opening round of fixtures has given a false impression of how good our attack is. Dybala was just in red hot form against mostly average teams. In the Champions League we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. That is the worst out of all the teams that (right now) are going through to the Ro16. All the others have scored 7 or more.

    We are slow, predictable, and clueless when transitioning from defence to attack. We aimlessly pass the ball from side to side, and then usually just score from individual brilliance or a set piece.

    This is a serious limitation of Allegri as a coach that needs to be addressed.
    Spot on.

    No purpose in our passing whatsoever. Makes it impossible to build pressure, get players out of position and break defences. Almost any team of any skill can hang back without much fuss and cause us trouble on the counter.

  8. #32708
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    54,682
    Cash
    61,914
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    When last have we failed to score a goal in a league match again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  9. #32709
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,557
    Cash
    3,697
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    When last have we failed to score a goal in a league match again?
    You want to talk about statistics:

    - Last season we scored 77 goals in the league. Napoli scored 94 and Roma scored 90.
    - Last season we scored only 1.69 goals per game in the CL. That was only the 9th highest.
    - This season in the CL we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. This is the worst out of the 16 teams that are going to advance.

    Our attack is a complete joke compared to other top teams in Europe.
    Last edited by Nedved96; 06.11.2017 at 04:28.

  10. #32710
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,618
    Cash
    27,261
    Mentioned
    599 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Buffon
    Howedes-Rugani-Chiellini
    Cuadrado-Pjanic-Marchisio-Sandro
    Dybala-Higuain-Costa


    ??? @MikeM how would you even work the lineup?
    I would play a 3-4-1-2/3-4-2-1 hybrid. Take out Costa and put in Berna, and we have a deal.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  11. #32711
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar
    Breakout Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,125
    Cash
    53,311
    Mentioned
    616 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    You want to talk about statistics:

    - Last season we scored 77 goals in the league. Napoli scored 94 and Roma scored 90.
    - Last season we scored only 1.69 goals per game in the CL. That was only the 9th highest.
    - This season in the CL we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. This is the worst out of the 16 teams that are going to advance.

    Our attack is a complete joke compared to other top teams in Europe.
    I see you completely accidentally forgot to include our goals tally from the league this season so here it is: 35 goals in 12 games (highest in the league).
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  12. #32712
    Biased JCK's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Eskilstuna
    Posts
    107,532
    Cash
    17,848
    Mentioned
    1446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Our season starts in december ... when we play napoli, olympiacos, inter and roma... we'll know where we stand by christmas
    We must have the longest pre-season amongst all the top teams.
    Ban Cronios

  13. #32713
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,079
    Cash
    12,680
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    Max doesn't know how to teach his team how to circulate the ball and pass with purpose. We are painful to watch against any decent side.

    Our easy opening round of fixtures has given a false impression of how good our attack is. Dybala was just in red hot form against mostly average teams. In the Champions League we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. That is the worst out of all the teams that (right now) are going through to the Ro16. All the others have scored 7 or more.

    We are slow, predictable, and clueless when transitioning from defence to attack. We aimlessly pass the ball from side to side, and then usually just score from individual brilliance or a set piece.

    This is a serious limitation of Allegri as a coach that needs to be addressed.
    Our buildup and attack is toothless right now.

    Last season we had Dani Alves and a strong defence to make up for it but this season we don't have the same quality and it's clear to see

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    We must have the longest pre-season amongst all the top teams.

  14. #32714
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    29,115
    Cash
    51,736
    Mentioned
    1868 Post(s)
    Calma.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  15. #32715
    World Boss

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Timeout Island
    Posts
    54,682
    Cash
    61,914
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    You want to talk about statistics:

    - Last season we scored 77 goals in the league. Napoli scored 94 and Roma scored 90.
    - Last season we scored only 1.69 goals per game in the CL. That was only the 9th highest.
    - This season in the CL we have scored 5 goals in 4 games. This is the worst out of the 16 teams that are going to advance.

    Our attack is a complete joke compared to other top teams in Europe.
    What JJ said below... Also, didn't we beat some record for the most goals score din the first 10 rounds of the season?

    Besides, why does all that matter when we still beat Roma and Napoli to the title, and beat everyone else besides Real in Europe?

    Do you just want to see alotta goooools?
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    I see you completely accidentally forgot to include our goals tally from the league this season so here it is: 35 goals in 12 games (highest in the league).
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebreak View Post
    Marchisio is needed asap.

  16. #32716
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76,293
    Cash
    205,651
    Mentioned
    2369 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    What JJ said below... Also, didn't we beat some record for the most goals score din the first 10 rounds of the season?

    Besides, why does all that matter when we still beat Roma and Napoli to the title, and beat everyone else besides Real in Europe?

    Do you just want to see alotta goooools?
    Yep it was like some 50 year record we broke. I feel like we score with many different players which should be noted. For instance the game Khedira got a hat trick or other games where only our midfielders/wingers score.

    Says a lot about our ability/diversity in general during game play. It’s when we concede a goal our heads drop that worries me...
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  17. #32717
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    9,888
    Cash
    11,214
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    it's all tied together, if our attacking play sucks, then we lose the ball too often and defense comes under pressure way more than it should, if our defense sucks then we don't get the ball to attack the way we should, even worse, if we concede a stupid goal or two, we have to face an opponent happy to sit out the game 10 guys behind the ball

  18. #32718
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    29,115
    Cash
    51,736
    Mentioned
    1868 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post

    Do you just want to see alotta goooools?
    Yes. That's all he cares about.

    Can't hear him moaning about conceded goals for example.

    Fun fact: if you don't concede as much as your opponents - you don't have to score as much as them.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  19. #32719
    King of Tuz Lion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    23,112
    Cash
    123,910
    Mentioned
    1219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCK View Post
    We must have the longest pre-season amongst all the top teams.

    this season starts in x month meme....is this the new "we are conserving eneregy" and "we are studyig opponents first half" excuse memes?
    @Bianconero_Aus
    @Klin @Kyle @JuveJay
    i dab before each post

  20. #32720
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,635
    Cash
    3,913
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    this season starts in x month meme....is this the new "we are conserving eneregy" and "we are studyig opponents first half" excuse memes?
    @Bianconero_Aus
    @Klin @Kyle @JuveJay
    as long as we are in contention come March...

Similar Threads

  1. massimiliano vieri
    By bahraini in forum Rookie/history forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16.07.2014, 19:09
  2. Allegri: "An important encounter"
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 18:00
  3. Allegri's men
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 11:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •