Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1942

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
Page 1942 of 1946 FirstFirst ... 942144218421892193219401941194219431944 ... LastLast
Results 38,821 to 38,840 of 38911
  1. #38821
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,481
    Cash
    12,367
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhRoZeN View Post
    It's no different to other top leagues. In your beloved epl only mighty Leicester stood out in the past 20 years. Actually so did arsenal

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ya, I don't think I ever said otherwise. In fact I'd make an educated guess and say it rings true in almost every league out there.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  2. #38822
    Juventuz legend Post Ironic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Samarkand
    Posts
    21,244
    Cash
    48,519
    Mentioned
    786 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ya, I don't think I ever said otherwise. In fact I'd make an educated guess and say it rings true in almost every league out there.
    Keep quiet rich boy.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

  3. #38823
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,273
    Cash
    26,480
    Mentioned
    547 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    PS. I agree with you 100%. Max does need to ask the board to really support him this summer and go all in on building a CL winner. He's done a fantastic job returning Juventus to the European elite while having star after star sold, and dealing with a castrated midfield the past two years. It's the boards turn to cough up to fix the last couple holes in the squad.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Don't worry. I am Prince, so your peasant-status is only temporary. You can be Kathoey Cinderella.
    KC it is
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  4. #38824
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,481
    Cash
    12,367
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Keep quiet rich boy.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  5. #38825
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    9,415
    Cash
    10,202
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ya, I don't think I ever said otherwise. In fact I'd make an educated guess and say it rings true in almost every league out there.
    you shouldn't forget though, that the financial aspect is also a demonstration of ADLs capabilities as a manager and is boosted by the scudetto pact between players. Sarri did a great job with them, but it's not true he had a team that was only 50% of Juventus strength

  6. #38826
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,481
    Cash
    12,367
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    you shouldn't forget though, that the financial aspect is also a demonstration of ADLs capabilities as a manager and is boosted by the scudetto pact between players. Sarri did a great job with them, but it's not true he had a team that was only 50% of Juventus strength
    Ya, as much as its more poetic to think of managers as being one man armies, it almost is never true. Allegri wouldn't have achieved what he did without a good, strong and competent administration at Juve, and Sarri has benefited tremendously from Napoli's ability to identify and recruit good talent early before they are well known and expensive.

    Still, there is a strong correlation historically between a clubs wage bill and their league position, which intuitively makes a lot of sense because wages are what allows you to attract, and retain players. In modern history it has never happened that a team which had the fifth highest wage bill, and more importantly a team that paid 50% the wage bill of the highest spender has won the Serie A. With the exception of Leciester the same can be said about the EPL. Also you just have to look at Napoli's league positions and points totals before Sarri and with Sarri, all those facts show that the man has done a fantastic job and well above what he is realistically expected to achieve.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  7. #38827
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    9,415
    Cash
    10,202
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ya, as much as its more poetic to think of managers as being one man armies, it almost is never true. Allegri wouldn't have achieved what he did without a good, strong and competent administration at Juve, and Sarri has benefited tremendously from Napoli's ability to identify and recruit good talent early before they are well known and expensive.

    Still, there is a strong correlation historically between a clubs wage bill and their league position, which intuitively makes a lot of sense because wages are what allows you to attract, and retain players. In modern history it has never happened that a team which had the fifth highest wage bill, and more importantly a team that paid 50% the wage bill of the highest spender has won the Serie A. With the exception of Leciester the same can be said about the EPL. Also you just have to look at Napoli's league positions and points totals before Sarri and with Sarri, all those facts show that the man has done a fantastic job and well above what he is realistically expected to achieve.
    yeah, I agree, the fact that there was a Scudetto pact in the first place and that multiple players probably gave up millions they could earn elsewhere shows how good a team he created

  8. #38828
    Juventuz legend Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sharjah
    Posts
    40,481
    Cash
    12,367
    Mentioned
    860 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    yeah, I agree, the fact that there was a Scudetto pact in the first place and that multiple players probably gave up millions they could earn elsewhere shows how good a team he created
    I don't expect them to keep Koulibaly though.

    Insigne and Mertens as good as they play for Napoli IMO would not replicate those performances in bigger clubs and are probably not that attractive to clubs that could pay them millions more.
    for every action there is a reaction equal in magnitude and opposite in direction

  9. #38829
    Juventuz champion pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    9,415
    Cash
    10,202
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I don't expect them to keep Koulibaly though.

    Insigne and Mertens as good as they play for Napoli IMO would not replicate those performances in bigger clubs and are probably not that attractive to clubs that could pay them millions more.
    https://www.totalsportek.com/money/n...yers-salaries/
    dunno, Mertens last summer probably could've gotten a very good deal after his 34 goals, 15 assists season.

    Insigne, Callejon and Hamšik are probably the only top players of theirs who're receiving a somewhat fair salary. This summer I expect several of their players to leave, seems that Sarri is on his way out

  10. #38830
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,100
    Cash
    114,214
    Mentioned
    2079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    You really are a petulant child who can't engage in civilized discussions without resorting to name calling. You can't stomach others having a different opinion or disagreeing with you. Are you going to @Osman to bail you out again and support your argument? Oh poor baby

    Btw, I reported your post
    I tend to@osman when its about a player he defended or supported. Like Douglas Costa or Alex Sandro.


    During the offseason, you blame the management for everything and "we will fail so hard"

    At the end of the season the fantastic coach and blessing called Euromax, "hmm yes quit, see me act like a total monarch si, we might keep him if it pleases me he makes demands".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Support his argument? I don't even read Zach's football posts anymore lol.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Logical, i havent made one for like half a season

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    you shouldn't forget though, that the financial aspect is also a demonstration of ADLs capabilities as a manager and is boosted by the scudetto pact between players. Sarri did a great job with them, but it's not true he had a team that was only 50% of Juventus strength
    this
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  11. #38831
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75,465
    Cash
    203,647
    Mentioned
    2345 Post(s)
    Allegri to stay at Juventus
    By Football Italia staff

    Reports in Italy state that Massimiliano Allegri will stay at Juventus this summer, despite links to Arsenal.

    The Coach has won the domestic double for the fourth season in a row, but the Bianconeri once again failed to win the Champions League.

    That led to speculation that Allegri could move on, with the Gunners heavily linked after Arsene Wenger’s departure.

    However, La Stampa - which is owned by the Agnelli family which owns Juventus - is today reporting that the Tuscan tactician will stay.

    Allegri will meet with Andrea Agnelli once the season has finished, where both should make it clear that they want the relationship to continue.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  12. #38832
    Koul Khara! Osman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Uppsala
    Posts
    46,530
    Cash
    74,941
    Mentioned
    1763 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Logical, i havent made one for like half a season
















































































































































    @King of Kings @Hustini @GordoDeCentral @Post Ironic
    Last edited by Osman; 15.05.2018 at 14:15.
    "If a man does not have the sauce, then he is lost. But the same man can be lost in the sauce." - Guccimus Mane La Flaritus


    "Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on" - Homer

  13. #38833
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75,465
    Cash
    203,647
    Mentioned
    2345 Post(s)


    - - - Updated - - -

    What a movie that was.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  14. #38834
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,509
    Cash
    3,597
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Napoli's squad is underrated compared to ours. Their midfield is decidedly better. Jorginho, Hamsik, Allan, Zielinski, Diawara is a lot stronger than what we used this year.
    Napoli’s midfield recruitment strategy is better than ours. They buy 22-23 year old gems from smaller clubs who spend their prime in Nipples like Jorginho and Allan. We are happy to buy leftovers of richer clubs like Khedira and Matuidi.

    Napoli want Torreira apparently. Watch him become the best defensive midfielder in Serie A there.

  15. #38835
    Juventuz regular

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Cash
    5,076
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Napoli's squad is underrated compared to ours. Their midfield is decidedly better. Jorginho, Hamsik, Allan, Zielinski, Diawara is a lot stronger than what we used this year.

    Their fullbacks had a better season than ours. For sure Hysaj is better than our RB options. And Koulibaly is just a notch below Chiellini/Benatia.

    Insigne, Mertens, Milik is a notch below Dybala, Costa, Higuain but it's not worlds apart.

    Their keeper is $#@!.
    I really like Diawara, and it looks like Napoli will sell him this year. Wonder if we would have a chance to sign him. Maybe offer Rugani in a straight exchange. Their marketvalue is probably around the same and they have been interested in him before.

  16. #38836
    Society's Reckoning Zacheryah's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    41,100
    Cash
    114,214
    Mentioned
    2079 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    de Bruyne would suck in Italy?
    Yes, he's an incredible player, that has been poor against typical italian style defences.

    I remember when entire belgian media was unloading countless liters of semen over him, but when facing Barzagli a total of 3 games that season, he was so deep in his backpocket, he once woke up in turin when city had allready departed, and nearly missed the next game with belgium at the euro's.


    But really a great player.



    Neymar. Now that guy will perform everywhere. Altho i'm not sure he can be as motivated at club level as he is with brazil

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osman View Post
    Life has been very buzy Osman.


    I'm deloading for competition in france so i got a bit more time now to post now. I know, its horrible
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

  17. #38837
    Founder of Hism Hist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,287
    Cash
    12,806
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Ya, as much as its more poetic to think of managers as being one man armies, it almost is never true. Allegri wouldn't have achieved what he did without a good, strong and competent administration at Juve, and Sarri has benefited tremendously from Napoli's ability to identify and recruit good talent early before they are well known and expensive.

    Still, there is a strong correlation historically between a clubs wage bill and their league position, which intuitively makes a lot of sense because wages are what allows you to attract, and retain players. In modern history it has never happened that a team which had the fifth highest wage bill, and more importantly a team that paid 50% the wage bill of the highest spender has won the Serie A. With the exception of Leciester the same can be said about the EPL. Also you just have to look at Napoli's league positions and points totals before Sarri and with Sarri, all those facts show that the man has done a fantastic job and well above what he is realistically expected to achieve.
    How did we fare compared to Milan and Inter back in 2011/12 in our first season back on top? I don't know for sure but I think we were on a substantially lower budget.

    I am not denying your general point that more money = better players and coaches and everything else = higher chance of winning btw. I am just curious about how we fared.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

  18. #38838
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    27,516
    Cash
    48,193
    Mentioned
    1754 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Zach <3

    Hes even more unhinged than usual lately.
    Blue balls from not posting enough lately.

    He had to get rid of it, otherwise it could have killed him @Hydde
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  19. #38839
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    33,972
    Cash
    37,694
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  20. #38840
    Founder of Hism Hist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    9,287
    Cash
    12,806
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Yes, he's an incredible player, that has been poor against typical italian style defences.

    I remember when entire belgian media was unloading countless liters of semen over him, but when facing Barzagli a total of 3 games that season, he was so deep in his backpocket, he once woke up in turin when city had allready departed, and nearly missed the next game with belgium at the euro's.


    But really a great player.



    Neymar. Now that guy will perform everywhere. Altho i'm not sure he can be as motivated at club level as he is with brazil

    - - - Updated - - -
    De Bruyne has since taken his football to a new level man and the system he plays in now for City accentuates his strengths. Its unfair to judge him based on a small number of performances from a few years ago (especially that he was very young) when we all know he has exploded since those days.

    I believe we kept Messi/Neymar/Suarez in our pockets last season in the 0-0 and 3-0 matches but we would never make our judgment about the trio based on that because we know its such a tiny sample of their overall work even though unlike Debruyne these are not young players.

    Small sample + long time ago for such a young progressively development player. If your NT can play to this dude's strengths you can go very far. Him & Hazard can be very dangerous players and they will be surrounded by competent players too like Lukaku and Mertens. You guys just need a good system that gets the best of out of them. If you can properly exploit De Bruyne and Hazard alone you should do more than fine.
    Hist: 1 decent starter, 1 worldclass, 1 bench, 2 out
    Post Ironic: 0 World class 2 decent-good starters. 1 bench player.
    DelPiero84: 3 world class, 2 bench.
    Zizinho: 2 world class, 1 very good starter and the rest for bench.
    Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class, 1 good starter, 2 bench and Staruro out.
    Alex Juventino: 2 World Class, 2 decent starters and 1 bench
    IgorTudor: 0 world class, 2 good starters, 3 bench
    ADP1897: 1 World Class, One good starter, and 3 Bench

Similar Threads

  1. massimiliano vieri
    By bahraini in forum Rookie/history forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16.07.2014, 19:09
  2. Allegri: "An important encounter"
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 18:00
  3. Allegri's men
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 11:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •