Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1862

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1862 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8621362176218121852186018611862186318641872 ... LastLast
Results 37,221 to 37,240 of 37988

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Legend. Should be given a Ferguson treatment. Give him the midfield he needs and he will deliver in this competition. His tactics were spot on, and, given how we seemed to be in perfect control, reserving 2 substitutes for extra time was a perfect move on paper to kill the tie off with some new energy. If it wasn't for the referee, he would have given us the biggest comback in football history with a squad that is far from balanced. This man deserves nothing but respect and people here should recognize that.

Cash
    Mentioned
    763 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    Real have been hit and miss this season, look in the league standing and their game against Tottenham. You can argue that when we actually showed urgency, that we proved to be better. This appears to be a reoccurring mistake amongst this Juve side, we always leave things too late. Look at the Tottenham game for example, there is a sense of complacency. The fact that we beat this chumps 3 - 1 away when we showed up, will always make me regret the first game even more.
    But Allegri had almost nothing to do with the disaster the first game turned into. It was 1-0 Madrid and we were controlling the flow of that game for 60 minutes, and then Buffon and Chiellini made a nightmare blunder, Dybala got absurdly sent off by the ref, and the team collapsed. That's not a coaching flaw, nor a tactical flaw. People keep talking about "individual brilliance" for our attack, but that first game was a nail biter, until ridiculous individual blunders and an absurd ref decision to send Dybala off. Add to that Cuadrado should have won a penalty for us late in the match, for a far clearer penalty than the one given today, and it's pretty $#@!ing ridiculous to blame Allegri for the 3-0 scoreline.

Today, the most inane part was watching Ronaldo and Carvajal dive all over the pitch and not a single yellow card shown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I've said it before and I will say it again. Criticizing Allegri in this thread should be a bannable offense.

Don't know how anyone can question him. Absolutely scraped the best team in the world in their home stadium 3-0 after being dealt a grossly unfair deficit from the first leg. He deserves better.

There is no one better than him. MVP of the team for sure.

Discussing mistakes he makes here and there, little flaws, etc... that's fine.

But it should be an immediate infraction when people say he should be fired and call him a clown, an idiot, a pussy, a coward, and all the other ridiculous names he's been called in this thread over the last year.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Juventuz regular Afghan_juventus's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    we all keep saying he needs a stronger squad and I fully agree. However the one thing that worries me is that he actually prefers to have a midfield of Khedira, Matuidi, and Pjanic considering he never plays Marchisio and has specifically asked for average players like De Sciglio.

Cash
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I think he would definitely play someone like SMS if we had him. However, the fact that he specifically asked for De Sciglio is worrying indeed.

Marchisio was playing 90 minutes every week before his ACL injury, so there’s still probably a problem there.

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Looks like Allegri finally understands that playing cautiously against these teams will only ever end one way, and that's without the inevitable ref bias.

If this is the sort of thing we can expect, might as well sit him down, offer him a fat raise to stay with us indefinitely and give him a midfield.
    Je Suis Beppe

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by juve123 View Post
    Greatest manager of all time
    Better than Trapattoni and Lippi?

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    we all keep saying he needs a stronger squad and I fully agree. However the one thing that worries me is that he actually prefers to have a midfield of Khedira, Matuidi, and Pjanic considering he never plays Marchisio and has specifically asked for average players like De Sciglio.
    Marchisio is probably done after his injury problems. We need a big signing in the summer.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    We need a big signing in the summer.
    at last two top players

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirlo's Beard View Post
    Looks like Allegri finally understands that playing cautiously against these teams will only ever end one way, and that's without the inevitable ref bias.

If this is the sort of thing we can expect, might as well sit him down, offer him a fat raise to stay with us indefinitely and give him a midfield.
    That's odd don't you hate Allegri and after one game you want to offer him fat raise? That's pussy mentality if i've ever seen it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Let Sandro fund SMS

Give spina the faith as starting LB

Get Bellerin for RB

Caldara in to replace Barzagli

Find a DM, even if it's $#@!ing N'zonzi. Just anybody who's a defensive beast. A short term fix is fine.

Recall Pjaca

Give Dybala the nod at #9 until/unless Higuain sorts himself out.

Costa LW Berna RW.

Can't do anything more than that. If we can't win a CL due to bull$#@! after that then fair enough.

- - - Updated - - -

That's odd don't you hate Allegri and after one game you want to offer him fat raise? That's pussy mentality if i've ever seen it.
    I hated our 'pussy' mentality and negative approach to games where being negative gets you pummelled. But we went for an entirely different approach, played how I wanted us to play and that makes me happy. Who'd have thunk it. Manager transforms team, turns around the criticisms I had of him and I can no longer use those criticisms because they've been made invalid.

It's almost like when the thing you're complaining about is addressed, you can stop complaining about it. Amazing.

If we went out and played like we did in the first few minutes of the 1st leg i'd be $#@!ed off again. But we didn't... and it worked.
    Je Suis Beppe

M.M. <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Let Sandro fund SMS

Get Bellerin for RB

Find a DM, even if it's $#@!ing N'zonzi. Just anybody who's a defensive beast. A short term fix is fine.

Recall Pjaca

Costa LW Berna RW.

Can't do anything more than that. If we can't win a CL due to bull$#@! after that then fair enough.
    Or maybe trust in the decision of the manager you suddenly want to give a fat raise too? nah you know better than him

Cash
    Mentioned
    1335 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    I think that's because Marchisio is done at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Juventus 32 View Post
    Better than Trapattoni and Lippi?
    Imo yes. At least he has the potential to be. What he can do with this squad is nothing short of miraculous.

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Or maybe trust in the decision of the manager you suddenly want to give a fat raise too? nah you know better than him
    Great logic that.

And in case you didn't $#@!ing realise, it's Beppe and Patrici that do the transfers not Allegri.
    Je Suis Beppe

Cash
    Mentioned
    5833 Post(s)
    well we played more offensively since we were down 0-3 so playing like we usually do would have been dumb.
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    well we played more offensively since we were down 0-3 so playing like we usually do would have been dumb.
    Yes it would have and when I moan at Allegri it's for that approach, the one that gets us $#@!ed by Bayern and Madrid. If we start games like we started this one, even in losing it's respectable.

You're damn right i'm going to moan at Allegri when we cower in games against players that absolutely will punish you if you sit back and hoof it away for 90 minutes but he got the approach 100% correct yesterday.
    Je Suis Beppe

Cash
    Mentioned
    5833 Post(s)
    Yes it would have and when I moan at Allegri it's for that approach, the one that gets us $#@!ed by Bayern and Madrid. If we start games like we started this one, even in losing it's respectable.

You're damn right i'm going to moan at Allegri when we cower in games against players that absolutely will punish you if you sit back and hoof it away for 90 minutes but he got the approach 100% correct yesterday.
    today all he could have done is maybe bring Cuadrado and Marchisio/Sturaro with 15-20min left to get that 4th and end it in 90min. We got $#@!ed in the end so that tactic to bring fresh legs in OT was blown out the water.
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    360 Post(s)
    Let Sandro fund SMS

Get Bellerin for RB

Recall Pjaca

Costa LW Berna RW.

- - - Updated - - -

I hated our 'pussy' mentality and negative approach to games where being negative gets you pummelled. But we went for an entirely different approach, played how I wanted us to play and that makes me happy. Who'd have thunk it. Manager transforms team, turns around the criticisms I had of him and I can no longer use those criticisms because they've been made invalid.

It's almost like when the thing you're complaining about is addressed, you can stop complaining about it. Amazing.

If we went out and played like we did in the first few minutes of the 1st leg i'd be $#@!ed off again. But we didn't... and it worked.
    But you've been criticizing him like all season and he gets one game right suddenly you turn around? That's dumb if you think he sucks and isn't right for the team don't change your opinion just right now stick to it.

We weren't poor at home against Real and we didn't play pussy football either. We went out attacking, we tried, we even played well for the most part they were just a lot better and we were missing Pjanic. Its not as simple as you make it sound you are just too simple in the head to take anything away other than the result.
    Great logic that.

And in case you didn't $#@!ing realise, it's Beppe and Patrici that do the transfers not Allegri.
    And then Mister Allegri picks the team

Cash
    Mentioned
    5833 Post(s)
    calma
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

Cash
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    today all he could have done is maybe bring Cuadrado and Marchisio/Sturaro with 15-20min left to get that 4th and end it in 90min. We got $#@!ed in the end so that tactic to bring fresh legs in OT was blown out the water.
    They still didnt improve the bench after last season.

Cash
    Mentioned
    5833 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    They still didnt improve the bench after last season.
    Cuadrado > Lemina
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era