Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1803

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
Page 1803 of 1951 FirstFirst ... 803130317031753179318011802180318041805181318531903 ... LastLast
Results 36,041 to 36,060 of 39008
  1. #36041
    Primavera player

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    221
    Cash
    1,976
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    If we somehow manage to make it back to the Final this year, I'd like us to keep a low profile. No more cringe videos from our media team, no talking to the press, no BS. We need to focus on getting the job done, and finally reaching "The Promised Land."
    i agree. That's why I love how Allegri has been saying all that stuff about how we havent won anything yet this season. Even though some fans, writers and even players are already claiming that the serie a "is in our control" now

  2. #36042
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76,166
    Cash
    205,343
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    Quantity over Quality – Juve heading towards more trophies, but at what price?

    Dave Long
    Last Wednesday’s win away to Tottenham Hotspur saw Juventus progress to another Champions League Quarter Final, their third in four seasons. Their form in Serie A since November has been imperious and they’re matching Napoli stride for stride in the Scudetto race. They have also made their fourth Coppa Italia Final in a row where they’ll face Milan. Given they’re still fighting for trophies on three fronts the actual performances have been less than convincing and some wins have been downright fortunate at times. Any regular viewer of Juve’s games will be very aware of their inability to control games, move out of second gear and kill teams off at the earliest opportunity. Welcome to Juventus 2018, ladies and gentlemen.



    Less than inspiring performances and dull 1-0 wins have been the rule rather than the exception since the start of the season, the opening Champions League game group game was away to Barcelona, a team they comprehensively knocked out in last year’s Quarter Final. After a regulation start to the season Juve suffered a 3-0 defeat in Spain. The defeat can be attributed to a lack of confidence when the first goal was conceded, but it was plain to see they didn’t play anywhere near their potential. Defeat to Barca meant the other games then turned into a must not lose scenarios and not losing five games in a difficult group certainly wasn’t an easy task as Juve continued to grind out undeserved wins with average performances. The return fixture against Barcelona came a game after a nightmare inducing defeat, away to Sampdoria, in which Juve were outplayed. The Barca game followed the same pattern as the first where the team seemed almost too scared to attack. Max Allegri had set up his team not to lose, given the defeat earlier in the season this was understandable, however this was the penultimate group game and a win would have secured qualification. This made the lack of ambition by not pressing for the winning goal unbelievably frustrating and the outcry from fans was justified as the team had the perfect chance to progress. Qualification was secured with a win away against Olympiakos in the final game and it felt as if this was Allegri’s plan from the start; to use the maximum number of games to spread out the effort in the group stage. Juve were through but far from convincing.



    The aggregate victory over Spurs is still fresh in the memory and for long periods of the tie Juve were outplayed, no one can argue with that. Whether this was by design or not Allegri must take the blame for lining up with a two man midfield for the home leg, especially when one of those midfielders was the woefully poor, Sami Khedira. He must also take some blame for the defensive style which was incorporated after Juve raced into a 2-0 lead, it can be said the players may have played this tactic too well and Spurs’ domination snowballed from there. Indeed such was the shock on both sides when Juve went two up that had they gone for more goals (and they were unlucky not to add to their total in fairness) the tie would’ve been over before the second leg in London. As it was, Spurs came away feeling as though they had the advantage after their dominance turned into goals and Juve had been made to look very ordinary in front of a worldwide audience.



    The second leg had a very similar feel to it although Juve were able to deploy Blaise Matuidi and Paulo Dybala after they didn’t feature in the first leg due to injury. Spurs though were the better team again and had they won the tie not many would’ve complained as Juve allowed themselves to be dominated for the majority of the game. This poses its own questions; Was the first leg in the players’ minds? Were they just desperate not to concede? Or were they suffering from an inferiority complex? Whatever the reasons, the first hour of the second leg saw Juve look a shadow of the side who had reached two of the last three Champions League Finals. Allegri though must be credited for his substitutions and Juve didn’t look back after the side appeared more balanced in the second half. Given the general atmosphere surrounding the win it can be argued Allegri has dodged a bullet with this result, he will ultimately be judged on the team’s Champions League performances and they’ll will need to play much better in the Quarter Final or they could be on the end of an embarrassing exit.

    The Spurs tie has really highlighted the fact Juve have been playing beneath their ability for a long while. Looking back, one can barely remember the last time they dominated a team and played to the best of their ability. Even those Juve fans with memories akin to an elephant would only be able to remember two or three games this season, the exceptions being Milan, away, and home games against Torino and Sassuolo. Those games apart it is be nearly a whole season since Juve dismantled both Barca and Monaco in successive rounds of the Champions League, On those occasions Juve showed what they’re capable of when the confidence is sky high. Unfortunately it hasn’t happened often enough for a team of their calibre.



    More recently in Serie A Juve have won 13 of 14 games and have yet to concede a goal in 2018. While these fantastic statistics show the spirit and determination of the current squad the majority of the performances have been similar to those in the Champions League. To go into each game in detail would induce sleep in most people, suffice to say the away win against Lazio a fortnight ago captured Juve’s season perfectly; Borderline dreadful performance where one or two players are hardly worthy of being paid for turning up and ultimately rescued by a moment brilliance from one of their stars to secure victory. This has become normal viewing for Juventini this season as these creativity deficiencies more apparent when they’re continuously grinding out scrappy 1-0 wins.



    Allegri’s preferred choice to partner Miralem Pjanic is Sami Khedira, again I am in no position to question his decisions but his insistence of choosing a player well past his best over Claudio Marchisio cannot be conducive to good team performances. It is plain to see Marchisio isn’t, and probably never will be, at his pre-injury form, however it is fairly obvious he is still a more competent player than Khedira. His introduction to the starting line up against Udinese highlighted his abilities as Juve’s general shape and midfield coherence was much improved from that of the last month or two. Other than the Marchisio/Khedira question the squad is quite balanced and deep though it is unfortunate that injuries have decimated the attacking players recently. Juan Cuadrado and Federico Bernardeschi are both out indefinitely, Mario Mandzukic has also missed significant time too. This has meant a narrow formation has been deployed recently and again Allegri’s options have been limited in terms of formation and style.

    We can dispute player selection and tactics all day but one valid question remains, one which isn’t mentioned too often while Juve are winning; given the repeated dour performances and narrow wins we have to ask is this the limit with Allegri? Should we expect his Juve teams to perform like this season after season? He is well known to be a fan of squad rotation and building his team for a big trophy push after Christmas. Given recent viewing it can be said this still hasn’t happened as we haven’t seen Juve start to dominate teams in a way which is expected of them. But on the other hand, it most definitely has started as they’re still fighting for three trophies in mid-March. Let’s remember Juve won the domestic double and made a Champions League Final last season by playing this way; In second gear most of the season and producing the odd emphatic win to appease supporters for a few weeks?



    If this is the hallmark of Allegri’s playing style and season management then Juve fans should accept it and support his methods. He will always use two legs of a cup tie to win rather than one. He will use the whole 90 minutes to win a game rather than 60. He will look ahead and rotate his squad to give the team a better chance of success. His methods may be disagreeable to some but remember he has delivered the title every year, two Coppa Italia wins and two Champions League Finals since his arrival in 2014.

    Those fans hoping Allegri will be sacked should be careful what they wish for. Juve have a very competent, trusted manager and those wanting his resignation should ask themselves who would replace him? If he changed his style overnight and risked more by turning Juve into a gung-ho, attacking unit it might result in a few more comprehensive victories but would surely compromise their rock solid defence and would also reduce the opportunity to rotate the squad and prevent fatigue and injury. Juve would do well to stick with Allegri rather than venture into the land of console gaming in search of entertainment and goals.

    The uproar over a lack of entertainment could all be ridiculed as hyperbole, a simple trophy-spoiled fan reaction to below-par performances. However as Juve are looking to rub shoulders with Real Madrid and company on regular basis their lack of consistent, high quality performances is a cause for concern and right now it appears the team hasn’t built on last year’s success of reaching the Champions League Final. Obviously success in its definite form would mean only returning from Kiev with the trophy would be considered to be success. In more realistic terms success can be defined as improved performances and gliding past teams with minimum effort, this at least would’ve been an improvement on last year. So have Juve been a success this year? That is the big question. Are they sacrificing quality over quantity? The recent Netflix series has shown, if any proof were needed, that Juve is obsessed with winning the Champions League. However given current performances it’s going to be a while before the trophy is in the Bianconeri cabinet again. Although it just may be the moribund style is part of Allegri’s plan to make Juve into a squad of grizzled, seasoned veterans who will eventually be capable of making the trophy their own.

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://www.juvefc.com/quantity-quali...rophies-price/

    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  3. #36043
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,079
    Cash
    12,680
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
      Spoiler:
    Quantity over Quality – Juve heading towards more trophies, but at what price?

    Dave Long
    Last Wednesday’s win away to Tottenham Hotspur saw Juventus progress to another Champions League Quarter Final, their third in four seasons. Their form in Serie A since November has been imperious and they’re matching Napoli stride for stride in the Scudetto race. They have also made their fourth Coppa Italia Final in a row where they’ll face Milan. Given they’re still fighting for trophies on three fronts the actual performances have been less than convincing and some wins have been downright fortunate at times. Any regular viewer of Juve’s games will be very aware of their inability to control games, move out of second gear and kill teams off at the earliest opportunity. Welcome to Juventus 2018, ladies and gentlemen.



    Less than inspiring performances and dull 1-0 wins have been the rule rather than the exception since the start of the season, the opening Champions League game group game was away to Barcelona, a team they comprehensively knocked out in last year’s Quarter Final. After a regulation start to the season Juve suffered a 3-0 defeat in Spain. The defeat can be attributed to a lack of confidence when the first goal was conceded, but it was plain to see they didn’t play anywhere near their potential. Defeat to Barca meant the other games then turned into a must not lose scenarios and not losing five games in a difficult group certainly wasn’t an easy task as Juve continued to grind out undeserved wins with average performances. The return fixture against Barcelona came a game after a nightmare inducing defeat, away to Sampdoria, in which Juve were outplayed. The Barca game followed the same pattern as the first where the team seemed almost too scared to attack. Max Allegri had set up his team not to lose, given the defeat earlier in the season this was understandable, however this was the penultimate group game and a win would have secured qualification. This made the lack of ambition by not pressing for the winning goal unbelievably frustrating and the outcry from fans was justified as the team had the perfect chance to progress. Qualification was secured with a win away against Olympiakos in the final game and it felt as if this was Allegri’s plan from the start; to use the maximum number of games to spread out the effort in the group stage. Juve were through but far from convincing.



    The aggregate victory over Spurs is still fresh in the memory and for long periods of the tie Juve were outplayed, no one can argue with that. Whether this was by design or not Allegri must take the blame for lining up with a two man midfield for the home leg, especially when one of those midfielders was the woefully poor, Sami Khedira. He must also take some blame for the defensive style which was incorporated after Juve raced into a 2-0 lead, it can be said the players may have played this tactic too well and Spurs’ domination snowballed from there. Indeed such was the shock on both sides when Juve went two up that had they gone for more goals (and they were unlucky not to add to their total in fairness) the tie would’ve been over before the second leg in London. As it was, Spurs came away feeling as though they had the advantage after their dominance turned into goals and Juve had been made to look very ordinary in front of a worldwide audience.



    The second leg had a very similar feel to it although Juve were able to deploy Blaise Matuidi and Paulo Dybala after they didn’t feature in the first leg due to injury. Spurs though were the better team again and had they won the tie not many would’ve complained as Juve allowed themselves to be dominated for the majority of the game. This poses its own questions; Was the first leg in the players’ minds? Were they just desperate not to concede? Or were they suffering from an inferiority complex? Whatever the reasons, the first hour of the second leg saw Juve look a shadow of the side who had reached two of the last three Champions League Finals. Allegri though must be credited for his substitutions and Juve didn’t look back after the side appeared more balanced in the second half. Given the general atmosphere surrounding the win it can be argued Allegri has dodged a bullet with this result, he will ultimately be judged on the team’s Champions League performances and they’ll will need to play much better in the Quarter Final or they could be on the end of an embarrassing exit.

    The Spurs tie has really highlighted the fact Juve have been playing beneath their ability for a long while. Looking back, one can barely remember the last time they dominated a team and played to the best of their ability. Even those Juve fans with memories akin to an elephant would only be able to remember two or three games this season, the exceptions being Milan, away, and home games against Torino and Sassuolo. Those games apart it is be nearly a whole season since Juve dismantled both Barca and Monaco in successive rounds of the Champions League, On those occasions Juve showed what they’re capable of when the confidence is sky high. Unfortunately it hasn’t happened often enough for a team of their calibre.



    More recently in Serie A Juve have won 13 of 14 games and have yet to concede a goal in 2018. While these fantastic statistics show the spirit and determination of the current squad the majority of the performances have been similar to those in the Champions League. To go into each game in detail would induce sleep in most people, suffice to say the away win against Lazio a fortnight ago captured Juve’s season perfectly; Borderline dreadful performance where one or two players are hardly worthy of being paid for turning up and ultimately rescued by a moment brilliance from one of their stars to secure victory. This has become normal viewing for Juventini this season as these creativity deficiencies more apparent when they’re continuously grinding out scrappy 1-0 wins.



    Allegri’s preferred choice to partner Miralem Pjanic is Sami Khedira, again I am in no position to question his decisions but his insistence of choosing a player well past his best over Claudio Marchisio cannot be conducive to good team performances. It is plain to see Marchisio isn’t, and probably never will be, at his pre-injury form, however it is fairly obvious he is still a more competent player than Khedira. His introduction to the starting line up against Udinese highlighted his abilities as Juve’s general shape and midfield coherence was much improved from that of the last month or two. Other than the Marchisio/Khedira question the squad is quite balanced and deep though it is unfortunate that injuries have decimated the attacking players recently. Juan Cuadrado and Federico Bernardeschi are both out indefinitely, Mario Mandzukic has also missed significant time too. This has meant a narrow formation has been deployed recently and again Allegri’s options have been limited in terms of formation and style.

    We can dispute player selection and tactics all day but one valid question remains, one which isn’t mentioned too often while Juve are winning; given the repeated dour performances and narrow wins we have to ask is this the limit with Allegri? Should we expect his Juve teams to perform like this season after season? He is well known to be a fan of squad rotation and building his team for a big trophy push after Christmas. Given recent viewing it can be said this still hasn’t happened as we haven’t seen Juve start to dominate teams in a way which is expected of them. But on the other hand, it most definitely has started as they’re still fighting for three trophies in mid-March. Let’s remember Juve won the domestic double and made a Champions League Final last season by playing this way; In second gear most of the season and producing the odd emphatic win to appease supporters for a few weeks?



    If this is the hallmark of Allegri’s playing style and season management then Juve fans should accept it and support his methods. He will always use two legs of a cup tie to win rather than one. He will use the whole 90 minutes to win a game rather than 60. He will look ahead and rotate his squad to give the team a better chance of success. His methods may be disagreeable to some but remember he has delivered the title every year, two Coppa Italia wins and two Champions League Finals since his arrival in 2014.

    Those fans hoping Allegri will be sacked should be careful what they wish for. Juve have a very competent, trusted manager and those wanting his resignation should ask themselves who would replace him? If he changed his style overnight and risked more by turning Juve into a gung-ho, attacking unit it might result in a few more comprehensive victories but would surely compromise their rock solid defence and would also reduce the opportunity to rotate the squad and prevent fatigue and injury. Juve would do well to stick with Allegri rather than venture into the land of console gaming in search of entertainment and goals.

    The uproar over a lack of entertainment could all be ridiculed as hyperbole, a simple trophy-spoiled fan reaction to below-par performances. However as Juve are looking to rub shoulders with Real Madrid and company on regular basis their lack of consistent, high quality performances is a cause for concern and right now it appears the team hasn’t built on last year’s success of reaching the Champions League Final. Obviously success in its definite form would mean only returning from Kiev with the trophy would be considered to be success. In more realistic terms success can be defined as improved performances and gliding past teams with minimum effort, this at least would’ve been an improvement on last year. So have Juve been a success this year? That is the big question. Are they sacrificing quality over quantity? The recent Netflix series has shown, if any proof were needed, that Juve is obsessed with winning the Champions League. However given current performances it’s going to be a while before the trophy is in the Bianconeri cabinet again. Although it just may be the moribund style is part of Allegri’s plan to make Juve into a squad of grizzled, seasoned veterans who will eventually be capable of making the trophy their own.

    - - - Updated - - -

    http://www.juvefc.com/quantity-quali...rophies-price/

    None of that is a surprise

    Anyone with a pair of eyes can see our deficiencies all over the pitch

    Marotta has to give Allegri a better team to work with but Allegri must also change a bit or we are going no where

  4. #36044
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76,166
    Cash
    205,343
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  5. #36045
    Juventuz legend Hængebøffer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    22,616
    Cash
    37,413
    Mentioned
    470 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vialli_92 View Post
    None of that is a surprise

    Anyone with a pair of eyes can see our deficiencies all over the pitch

    Marotta has to give Allegri a better team to work with but Allegri must also change a bit or we are going no where
    I’m 100% sure that you never followed Juve before Conte became a coach.

  6. #36046
    Banned

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,079
    Cash
    12,680
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hængebøffer View Post
    I’m 100% sure that you never followed Juve before Conte became a coach.
    You're 100% wrong in that case

  7. #36047
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,555
    Cash
    3,693
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    The biggest deficiency we have is the midfield. That was obvious against Tottenham, where (in the first half) our midfield offered nothing going forward and nothing defensively. Spurs were walking through us while Douglas Costa was the only reason we could even come close to their penalty box.

    That was Tottenham... now imagine an actual elite team.

  8. #36048
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,601
    Cash
    10,787
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    When redcafe is more appreciative of the Juventus manager than Juventuz.
    http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who’s...-world.437287/

  9. #36049
    Tuz Royalty Monty's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,635
    Cash
    3,913
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    When redcafe is more appreciative of the Juventus manager than Juventuz.
    http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who’s...-world.437287/
    The post saying 'Allegri is the best' is from 'Abdo'

    Isn't he one of our members? I'm sure I've seen that name somewhere

  10. #36050
    U.S.J. Ventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,625
    Cash
    8,377
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think we're undermining our victory against Tottenham. This is a red hot Tottenham, who are arguably the second best team in England this year, a Tottenham who beat Real Madrid, a Tottenham who attack with pace.
    With that said, there are some places were we need to improve. Fullbacks being one of them and the centre of midfield.

  11. #36051
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    76,166
    Cash
    205,343
    Mentioned
    2366 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    The post saying 'Allegri is the best' is from 'Abdo'

    Isn't he one of our members? I'm sure I've seen that name somewhere
    Maybe you’re thinking of @Albo
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  12. #36052
    Juventuz champion Albo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kosovë
    Posts
    9,523
    Cash
    7,145
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    Maybe you’re thinking of @Albo
    Nah , this is only forum i post to !
    290



    Sorry for my English

  13. #36053
    The Informer Mark's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    73,922
    Cash
    303,774
    Mentioned
    6077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    The post saying 'Allegri is the best' is from 'Abdo'

    Isn't he one of our members? I'm sure I've seen that name somewhere
    http://www.juventuz.com/members/21573-Abdo-Alzahaby
    JUVENTUS 1897-2006
    Juventus 2006-2011
    JUVENTUS 2011-14
    Allegri Era

  14. #36054
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,601
    Cash
    10,787
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    I think we're undermining our victory against Tottenham. This is a red hot Tottenham, who are arguably the second best team in England this year, a Tottenham who beat Real Madrid, a Tottenham who attack with pace.
    With that said, there are some places were we need to improve. Fullbacks being one of them and the centre of midfield.
    I heard someone saying on a podcast that Tottenham were the best team in the CL this season (performance wise) until their loss against us, and they certainly have a point. 16 points from 6 games in the groups, a draw at the J stadium, 17 goals scored, just 6 conceded.

  15. #36055
    Delusional DelPiero84's Avatar
    Power Driver 2.0 Champion
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Zagreb (Croatia)
    Posts
    17,013
    Cash
    2,428,180
    Mentioned
    1122 Post(s)
    Who said we dont ever use counter attack?
    Dabbing is love dabbing is life.

  16. #36056
    Juventuz legend Post Ironic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Samarkand
    Posts
    21,534
    Cash
    49,169
    Mentioned
    812 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelPiero84 View Post
    Who said we dont ever use counter attack?
    Just the forum crybabies.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

  17. #36057
    LIQUID PEASANT Hydde's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Panama City, Panama
    Posts
    34,173
    Cash
    38,089
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    is not that we dont use, is just that we are quite innefective at it and used to be better when we had a player like morata.
    Luckily costa is playing more and more

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by campionesidd View Post
    When redcafe is more appreciative of the Juventus manager than Juventuz.
    http://www.redcafe.net/threads/who’s...-world.437287/
    You have to take opinions of nonjuve fans with a grain of salt tho. We are the ones who see game in game out our performances. Most outsiders just see the table and the highlights.

    And one thing i don understand, is why we cannot express our opinion about some of max's decitions which he can improve?

    Read the link someone posted above. I think that guy express very clear whats going on with max, which by no means is that some posters here are not grateful to him.

    In this forum, being ungrateful is pointing that while we are doing fine, we can do much better. Some people here are way too sensitive.
    KHDownloads

    Click the link please

  18. #36058
    King of Chlamydia Maddy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,604
    Cash
    124,680
    Mentioned
    487 Post(s)
    Allegri needs soem major credit for apparently getting Costa, Dybala and Pipita all to hit form in this final third of the season.

    Get the midfield to a decent standard and keep those three $#@!ers in form, and I'd say we've got a really good shot at another CL-final (where we'll choke of course).
    Much Love, bitches!

  19. #36059
    Juventuz regular

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,719
    Cash
    5,172
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouVay View Post
    I think we're undermining our victory against Tottenham. This is a red hot Tottenham, who are arguably the second best team in England this year, a Tottenham who beat Real Madrid, a Tottenham who attack with pace.
    With that said, there are some places were we need to improve. Fullbacks being one of them and the centre of midfield.
    Tottenham has a really good team and whats more they are a bad match up for us. They are probably the team, who are best at the high press, and we really strugle against those teams.

    I dont think City, Barca, Real or Bayern are much better teams than Tottenham, but especially the last 3 has it in there DNA to win just as much as we do. If we dont improve a lot, and face one of those teams in the QF, they wont let us of the hook as Spurs did.

  20. #36060
    Juventuz star campionesidd's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,601
    Cash
    10,787
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydde View Post
    is not that we dont use, is just that we are quite innefective at it and used to be better when we had a player like morata.
    Luckily costa is playing more and more

    - - - Updated - - -



    You have to take opinions of nonjuve fans with a grain of salt tho. We are the ones who see game in game out our performances. Most outsiders just see the table and the highlights.

    And one thing i don understand, is why we cannot express our opinion about some of max's decitions which he can improve?

    Read the link someone posted above. I think that guy express very clear whats going on with max, which by no means is that some posters here are not grateful to him.

    In this forum, being ungrateful is pointing that while we are doing fine, we can do much better. Some people here are way too sensitive.
    I’m all for criticizing Allegri when he deserves it. The man isn’t flawless and I’ve criticized him myself plenty of times for a variety of reasons. What I find hard to take is that people cherry pick his bad moments and completely ignore everything he has achieved with the club.

Similar Threads

  1. massimiliano vieri
    By bahraini in forum Rookie/history forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16.07.2014, 19:09
  2. Allegri: "An important encounter"
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 18:00
  3. Allegri's men
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 11:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •