Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1751

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

5 100.00%
  • NO

0 0%
Page 1751 of 1962 FirstFirst ... 751125116511701174117491750175117521753176118011851 ... LastLast
Results 35,001 to 35,020 of 39227

Cash
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So Allegri is in Conte's pussy mode.
    As soon as one starts complaining like this you know he has reach his potential.
    So go in that 100 bill restaurant.

Cash
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhRoZeN View Post
    Allegri: "Football is strange, you can go from a possible 3-0 to 2-1, a possible 3-1 to 2-2. I think we all knew how complicated this would be,” said Allegri in a Press conference.

“Now it’ll be like a Final in London.”

The second leg is at Wembley Stadium on March 7 and Juve hope to have Paulo Dybala and Blaise Matuidi available again.

As the line of questioning focused on where it had all gone wrong, Allegri became increasingly frustrated.

“Apart from Gigi Buffon’s save on Harry Kane, Tottenham didn’t have any real chances. In the second half we changed a few things and overall played a good game.

“We conceded the first goal playing out of defence, the second on a free kick. Football gives and it takes away, but I don’t think there’s any need to get depressed.

“If someone thought Juve could win this 4-0, then they were way off track. Perhaps reaching two Finals in three years was damaging to some people.

“Who didn’t play is irrelevant. The team put in a good performance, we took the lead and in the second half were more dangerous than them. Tottenham played very well and when we go to London, they’ll be under more pressure than us.

“They were surprised by our start and had to do something to react. We were pinned back because our wingers were too deep. It’s a pity, we’ll just have to fight for our qualification in London.

“I didn’t ask the team to go deep, more than anything else we were pushed back by Tottenham. After that 25-minute spell when they pinned us back, we couldn’t get back out.

“The Champions League is a dream and an objective, but winning it is not easy. I think people have lost some objectivity here. Juve play to win, but they are not the favourites. You can’t reach the Final every year.

“I believe the lads are putting in a fantastic season, but that’s a long way off thinking they can win a Round of 16 by a 3-0 scoreline.

“This really irritates me, because people have no idea on the dimensions of teams. The primary objective is the Scudetto: that is nothing to be sniffed at and is not easy. Then we’ll try to go forward in the Champions League.

“I will not accept that tonight’s 2-2 draw could depress the Juve fans. There are some scary ups and downs in the mood here.

“We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is. People must realise that winning is not normality, it is extraordinary. This team has won six Scudetti and reached two Champions League Finals. It’s a fine line in the Champions League between winning and not winning.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.

“Next season it will be even more difficult. The best teams reach the Final and Juventus have had three extraordinary campaigns.”

Source:FI

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Excuses! Pathetic response.
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My thoughts exactly. I don’t think Agnelli is going to be too impressed with that comment what’s so ever. Starting to sound like Napoli ffs. “We can beat anyone” then Napoli lose “hard to compete when we have a small budget compared to their 200m a year”

Like you said pussy cop out man up and just say we played like crap and be done with it don’t ever say Juve are at the same level at Spurs that’s madness.

Cash
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan_juventus View Post
    “Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list.“
    Preparing for the exit. Hopefully we get a nice surprise come the 2nd leg.
    I will wait however long it takes and I know one day we will celebrate and be celebrated.

Cash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    "We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list."

This is a disgusting attitude. Go to one of those teams if you really feel that way. Coward. And it's exactly like the 100 euro Conte comment and the it's not like Juve win the coppa italia every year Delneri comment.
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)
    50-50 with Spurs We reached the CL Final twice in the past three seasons. It's ok to be humble and show humility, but we aren't at the level of $#@!ing Spurs. Even PSG and City, until they prove otherwise in Europe, are below us. We should strive to be at the level of those top tier teams, because we aren't inferior. Disgusting
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

Cash
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero81 View Post
    50-50 with Spurs We reached the CL Final twice in the past three seasons. It's ok to be humble and show humility, but we aren't at the level of $#@!ing Spurs. Even PSG and City, until they prove otherwise in Europe, are below us. We should strive to be at the level of those top tier teams, because we aren't inferior. Disgusting
    Forza Juventus Forza Azzurri

"Nobody cares.... Nobody cares.... Worry about yourself, your family, and the people that are important to you."

Cash
    Mentioned
    744 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nardonejuve View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I don’t think Agnelli is going to be too impressed with that comment what’s so ever. Starting to sound like Napoli ffs. “We can beat anyone” then Napoli lose “hard to compete when we have a small budget compared to their 200m a year”

Like you said pussy cop out man up and just say we played like crap and be done with it don’t ever say Juve are at the same level at Spurs that’s madness.
    Well he needs to tell his cousin we need more cash, we can't keep selling crucial first 11 players to fund other moves
    ADP 10 290!
    3!6

Cash
    Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Well, he is right though, we were never favorites, we exceeded expectations by reading the final and we won't reach finals often. It's just sad that we wasted or chances when we did, but now that's history, we have come in terms with the fact that we won't win it, so must the fans...
    Brace your selves brothers, dark days are coming...

Cash
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GordoDeCentral View Post
    I wonder if he will get a pass here for that last comment how we are a tier below the elite
    Bull$#@! comment from Allegri. Even if true to some degree, after the results of the past few years, it's something that need not be said.

Just like Marotta's constant reminders about a player can leave if they ask to.

Both of these things may be true, but it's not necessary at all to voice them to media.
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Like someone said, he is preparing the inevitable buttkicking we will get (if we play the same way as the home game).

Indeed sounded very conteish with that response. Time will tell, but it seems he reached his limit here.
    KHDownloads

Click the link please

Cash
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    This Juve team is packed. I just hope he finishes the season on a high.

Scouted

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hćngebřffer View Post
    I know we have injuries, but why, just why start a two man midfield with Khedira-Pjanic? He also keeps starting the same attacking players over and over again. What worry me the most is how we normally start the season looking shaky and unorganized only to become better and better. But this season it’s the exact opposite.
    The two man midfield clearly doesn't work against teams that overload the center, but I'm not sure starting a 19 year old Bentancur, a physically diminished Marchisio, or Sturaro would have made a difference. Simply put, this team needs Matuidi healthy to play a 3 man midfield vs great opposition. It's not easy to start Bentancur, Sturaro, and Marchisio (right now) over Bernardeschi.

Using all his attackers at once also meant that Juve had no spark off the bench.

Credit to Poch for anticipating that Allegri would be forced into a winger heavy formation as he added an extra attacking CM in Lamela in place of Son who is a winger. Khedira and Pjanic were overrun centrally 2 vs. 5 as a result. Those asking why Khedira started, would you rather one of Bentancur, Sturaro, or Marchisio in there in the German's place?

This tie is still 50/50 as long as Matuidi and Dybala are back in the starting line up in London.

--------------Higuain
    -----------Costa--Dybala
    ----------Matuidi--Khedira
    ----------------Pjanic
    Sandro--Chiellini--Benatia--Barzagli/MDS

--------------Higuain
    ---------------Dybala
    Sandro--Matuidi--Khedira----Costa
    ----------------Pjanic
    -----Chiellini--Benatia--Barzagli

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This tie is giving me a reverse of Chelsea vs Juve in Conte's first year sort of vibe. The upstart Juve were down 2-0 in London to the champions only to comeback 2-2 before thrashing them 3-0 in Turin. It essentially lead to their elimination. Now Juve need to avoid the flip from happening to them.

Hopefully, this team responds the way that they did away to Dortmund in 2015. Juve need to score at least twice since the chances of shutting out Tottenham are slim.

Recent positive crucial away performances for Juve under Allegri:
    3-0 @ Dortmund
    3-1 @ Sevilla
    2-0 @ Porto
    2-0 @ Monaco

Juve need any of those scores to advance. If only Higuain made it 3-0 or 3-1. If only Mandzukic made it 3-1 to start the 2nd half. Now Juve have it all to do.

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What's he supposed to think when Beppe sells Pogba and signs Khedira?

Cash
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Now I've cooled down a bit

As long as Matuidi and Dybala are both back in the second leg, and we play 433, we have a reasonable chance of going through.

But I would play this formation:

Woj
    MDS - Chiellini - Benatia - AS
    Bentancur - Pjanic - Matuidi
    Dybala - Higuain - Costa

Yes I am serious about Bentancur. Marchisio can't stay fit and Khedira is a passenger in any high intensity game.

Cash
    Mentioned
    535 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvellino View Post
    "We were never the favourites to reach the quarter-final. It was always 50-50 with Tottenham and it still is.

“Juve and Tottenham are sides who can have ambitions going forward, but compared to Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid are a step below. In fact, I’d add PSG and Manchester City to that list."

This is a disgusting attitude. Go to one of those teams if you really feel that way. Coward. And it's exactly like the 100 euro Conte comment and the it's not like Juve win the coppa italia every year Delneri comment.
    Everything he stated is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post Ironic View Post
    Bull$#@! comment from Allegri. Even if true to some degree, after the results of the past few years, it's something that need not be said.

Just like Marotta's constant reminders about a player can leave if they ask to.

Both of these things may be true, but it's not necessary at all to voice them to media.
    I think he is trying to change the narrative; a message to the board: you want us to compete in CL in the coming years, you need to invest [more].

If not stupid media trained politicians talk from him.
    Much Love, bitches!

Primavera player

Cash
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is not good enough of Allegri. He's shooting out excuses left and right..

there is no darn excuse for being dominated like that we were at home. He's responsible and should take it.

Cash
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerval View Post

Its the manner of the draw that's frustrating everyone:

1. Sitting deep after 2-0
    2. Missing the all important penalty
    3. Clumsy keeping for the second goal.
    4. Dropping a formation that has been successful, for one that clearly does not favour us.
    5. Refusing to change the formation at half time, when it was clear it was needed.

Quite frankly it was a horror show, and it could have been avoided. This is not the league were drawing against Tottenham gets you point, Tottenham essentially have one foot in the 1/8 because of the away goal rule, and its all down to silly mistakes. This will always be a game of 'what ifs.'

Cash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if the things he said were for motivation. Because I feel like he's stated we're one of the top teams several time before, and like any coach says we're not favorites for the competition to stay humble. I do think we need to start taking more control of games, and I hope allegro does do that because like someone stated earlier, he's not stubborn nor is he one dimensional.

Cash
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    There you go lads it's official. Our club thinks we're on par with Spurs after two CL finals.

That's our level of ambition. We are now basically Porto.
    Je Suis Beppe