Massimiliano Allegri - Team discussion - Juventuz Forums - Page 1670

View Poll Results: Was Allegri a good choice: Yes or no?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    5 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
Page 1670 of 1964 FirstFirst ... 670117015701620166016681669167016711672168017201770 ... LastLast
Results 33,381 to 33,400 of 39270
  1. #33381
    Primavera player Bobogol's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    162
    Cash
    1,192
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolph View Post


    I lost it with him last year around this time aswell, and wanted him fired. Then in the spring he did an amazing job and totally proved me wrong.

    The truth is that he is an elite coach among the top 10 coaches in the world. He reads a game well, can set up a defense like nobody else, good at adapting and trying out new formations, good team manager etc.

    He also has some clear weaknesses, were the most claring one is that he cant get a team to play coherant attacking football if it would save his life. In my opinion he also takes to long to integrate new signings, especially young players.

    My personel preference is attacking football, and therefore I hope that the next coach, when some day Allegri moves on, will be somebody who will be able to improve us in that regard and give us an identity as a more attack oriented football team.

    No matter what my personal preference is, he surely deserves a lot of respect for what he has done here.

    Unfortunately, other $#@!s have shorter memories , he's been amazing for us

  2. #33382
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,745
    Cash
    33,514
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    It’s like Max takes the first 3-4 months to learn the other teams each season then by the time December roles around we start picking up the pace and grinding out wins.
    Or it could have something to do with the all constant chopping and changing our mgmt does in tge summer forcing him to perfect a new gameplan while integrating new players.

    The amount of injuries he has to contend with makes all this change twice as complicated too
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  3. #33383
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    78,563
    Cash
    211,120
    Mentioned
    2482 Post(s)
    More injuries than squad changing. He does his fair share of chopping the squad too
    2018/2019 - 1 injury.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  4. #33384
    FINO ALLA FINE! Alin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    1,371
    Cash
    3,471
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Or it could have something to do with the all constant chopping and changing our mgmt does in tge summer forcing him to perfect a new gameplan while integrating new players.

    The amount of injuries he has to contend with makes all this change twice as complicated too
    Such details make all the difference.

  5. #33385
    Optimist Prime Hustini's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    78,563
    Cash
    211,120
    Mentioned
    2482 Post(s)
    2018/2019 - 1 injury.
    2017/2018 - 43 injuries.
    2015/2016 - 64 injuries.

    Lurkers have rights too.

  6. #33386
    Ageing Veteran Bianconero81's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    24,762
    Cash
    27,584
    Mentioned
    628 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    People here give the man no respect. He can with the CL and if he loses the first game in Serie A the next season some of you ungrateful bastards will be calling for his head.
    How about we win the CL first?
    Treat everyone fairly, not equally!

  7. #33387
    CR7 <span style='color: #000000'><span class='glow_ff0000'>Kyle</span></span>'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Procurement
    Posts
    57,745
    Cash
    33,514
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALC View Post
    People here give the man no respect. He can with the CL and if he loses the first game in Serie A the next season some of you ungrateful bastards will be calling for his head.
    or the first preseason loss to tottenham
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustini View Post
    More injuries than squad changing. He does his fair share of chopping the squad too
    Losing Bonucci and Alves was no small thing. May not have generated same media attention as a Pogba or Vidal but still
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3sh View Post
    beautiful people, very nice working class unlike stuck up arrogant for nothing turin residents
    i lowkey root for napoli every year, i wish we played in france so they could win a couple scudetti

  8. #33388
    Juventuz champion Amer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    6,645
    Cash
    9,569
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Like Mister gives a $#@! what you people think, lul.

  9. #33389
    Commendatore GiocataGrande's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Posts
    1,634
    Cash
    4,020
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Mister is a classy and intelligent manager. Really happy we have him. What i also hope and wish is that he starts analyzing his weaknesses and work towards perfecting his craft. His defensive and organizational skills are top class, really good at being flexible too. He excels in those aspects.

    The criticism and what i feel and know many Juventino is upset about is how he makes us go into our defensive "shell", especially in big games.
    I think his mentality sometimes turn defeatist instead of going toe to toe with teams. Its like he forces the team to accept we are less technical and actually inferior to our opponents. Against teams like Real Madrid i feel this actually does more damage than help the team.

    Realism is important, but sometimes you need to give the team an idealistic motivation for them to go straight ahead and attack , even though the opposition might be "better". Against Barcelona last year this worked wonderfully. I hope to see him do this more. We have a fantastic team with tons of quality. It would be a shame to see us exit CL this year because Allegri plays it "safe".

    Other than that i hope he stays for many more years. Great coach and charismatic leader
    "Vincere non e' importante. E' l'unica cosa che conta”

  10. #33390
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,651
    Cash
    3,885
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Arrigo Sacchi has seemingly blamed Max Allegri for Paulo Dybala’s poor Juventus form. “Not even Lionel Messi would’ve touched the ball against Napoli.”

    Dybala’s failure to score in Juve’s 2-0 win at Olympiacos meant he had gone the entire group stage of the Champions League without a goal, but Sacchi suggested Allegri’s tactics were not getting the best out of the Argentine attacker.

    “Forwards must feel motivated and supported because otherwise, they lose rhythm and confidence,” the coaching icon said after the game, reports ItaSportPress.

    “Juventus could’ve played with Messi at the San Paolo against Napoli, but not even he would’ve touched the ball.

    “It’s not fair because you have to give excitement to the fans. With excitement, you win and convince people. This makes the game more beautiful.”
    There is no chance in hell we are keeping both Allegri and Dybala after 2018, it’s pretty obvious that Dybala hates playing under Allegri. One of them will leave.

  11. #33391
    Banned Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    60,479
    Cash
    227,097
    Mentioned
    1591 Post(s)

    Massimiliano Allegri

    Who gives a $#@! what that irrelevant old, bald $#@! Sacchi thinks. He’s hated Allegri for years so his agenda is clear. Oh and his little boy toy Sarri aka “coach of the best football team on earth” just got they ass humbled by Feyenoord and out of the CL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

  12. #33392
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,380
    Cash
    1,300,581
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    There is no chance in hell we are keeping both Allegri and Dybala after 2018, it’s pretty obvious that Dybala hates playing under Allegri. One of them will leave.
    200M

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bianconero_Aus View Post
    Who gives a $#@! what that irrelevant old, bald $#@! Sacchi thinks. He’s hated Allegri for years so his agenda is clear. Oh and his little boy toy Sarri aka “coach of the best football team on earth” just got they ass humbled by Feyenoord and out of the CL.
    watch everyone ride their $#@! till forever if/when they win EL lol
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  13. #33393
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,651
    Cash
    3,885
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Regardless of whether Sacchi hates Allegri or not, what he said is true. Allegri’s tactics isolate our forwards.

  14. #33394
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,380
    Cash
    1,300,581
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    Regardless of whether Sacchi hates Allegri or not, what he said is true. Allegri’s tactics isolate our forwards.
    Allegris tactics win us games and makes you a crying bitch, so were fine
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  15. #33395
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,651
    Cash
    3,885
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    Allegris tactics win us games and makes you a crying bitch, so were fine
    No, the fact that we have a better players than every other team in Serie A is what wins us games.

  16. #33396
    Juventuz legend zizinho's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    38,380
    Cash
    1,300,581
    Mentioned
    2158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    No, the fact that we have a better players than every other team in Serie A is what wins us games.
    in CL too feels good to know we have a top 2 squad in the world.
    36 SUL CAMPO ✔

    Sell H16UAIN!!!

  17. #33397
    Juventuz regular Nedved96's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,651
    Cash
    3,885
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    in CL too feels good to know we have a top 2 squad in the world.
    He did well against Barcelona (the worst Barca side of the last 10 years), then tried to press Madrid in the final while playing a 2 man midfield with Khedira against Madrid’s midfield diamond. Tactical genius.

    Now Barca have a competent coach, who schooled Allegri with relative ease in the groupstage.

    Allegri is good defensively but not great (Simeone and Mourinho are better), and he’s very limited going forward. He also has no clue how to utilize his attacking players properly.

    Allegri apologists will never acknowledge his clear weaknesses and limitations as a coach.

  18. #33398
    Pretty Handsome Awkward DAiDEViL's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Bavaria
    Posts
    31,098
    Cash
    56,063
    Mentioned
    2037 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zizinho View Post
    in CL too feels good to know we have a top 2 squad in the world.
    Feyenoord only won against Napoli cause of their way better squad. Not Sarri's fault at all. His tactics were spot on as always.
    DAiDEViL is a minority of minorities: female assigned at birth, mostly black, disabled, genderqueer, aromantic, pansexual, kinky, demisexual, poor, noetisexual, polyamorous, singleish, RA, a survivor, intersex, bipolar AND left-handed. 😭😰

  19. #33399
    Banned Bianconero_Aus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    60,479
    Cash
    227,097
    Mentioned
    1591 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    No, the fact that we have a better players than every other team in Serie A is what wins us games.
    So we don’t need a coach then if our players are the best. Cool narrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronios View Post
    If i see him now, i will kiss his left cheek for Pjanic, his right cheek for Benatia and prolly a french kiss for Higuain!

  20. #33400
    Juventuz star Afghan_juventus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,756
    Cash
    7,003
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedved96 View Post
    He did well against Barcelona (the worst Barca side of the last 10 years), then tried to press Madrid in the final while playing a 2 man midfield with Khedira against Madrid’s midfield diamond. Tactical genius.

    Now Barca have a competent coach, who schooled Allegri with relative ease in the groupstage.

    Allegri is good defensively but not great (Simeone and Mourinho are better), and he’s very limited going forward. He also has no clue how to utilize his attacking players properly.

    Allegri apologists will never acknowledge his clear weaknesses and limitations as a coach.
    Mourinho better than Allegri

Similar Threads

  1. massimiliano vieri
    By bahraini in forum Rookie/history forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16.07.2014, 19:09
  2. Allegri: "An important encounter"
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 18:00
  3. Allegri's men
    By Marty in forum Juventuz News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 24.02.2012, 11:30

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •