Bet of the day (4 Viewers)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Anyone else bets over here? Thought maybe we could share our betting tips in this thread. Here's mine for this weekend (I'll only make the Italian ones on here, otherwise it would be too long to list all the leagues):

Sure bets:

Brescia-Inter
Ancona-Juventus
Udinese -Empoli

My Predictions:

Brescia-Inter 2
Ancona-Juventus 2
Bologna-Perugia 1X
Chievo-Sampdoria 1X
Modena-Lecce 1X
Reggina-Siena X
Roma-Parma 1
Udinese-Empoli 1
Milan-Lazio X

My suggestion is to bet an accumulator on the sure bets of 1 or 2 Euros and for the others make combinations (a total of 16 combinations) of about 15c each. That should make you win some good money ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I'm not sure if many people will participate in this thread, since they don't want to give away their prediction game results. I'm not taking the prediction game that seriously, so i would participate, but I'm not that good at guessing results anyway :undecide:

Accumulators are good though, they increase the payouts immensely :)

btw, Inter beating Brescia is not a sure bet :undecide::D no joke...

I'm not sure if i should be betting 1 or 2 euros as you say, since they might not accept the currency :D:p

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    People can still check other's results in the predictions league, you just have to clicck on someone's name and it shows you what he predicted.

Where do you play? I mean what site? I mainly use ladbrokers.com

With Inter I`m going for history (Inter always defeats Brescia) and the fact that they need to bounce back after their poor display with Milan.

I wanted to make the Milan-Lazio match as 1X but then it owuld just double the combinations to 32 matches. This week is quite a tough week to guess; many results could go either way. Usually they're easier than this.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    People can still check other's results in the predictions league, you just have to clicck on someone's name and it shows you what he predicted.
    Oh really? I thought it was like the fantasy football games, where you can only check after the round of matches.

Where do you play? I mean what site? I mainly use ladbrokers.com
    Since I don't have a credit card, I don't use online sites. If I want too place a bet, i head down to my local TAB (that's what the betting agency's called over here). I try not to gamble much, so my prediction skills are a bit rusty. Personally, I'm better at the card games :p I won $100 AUD on blackjack last night :D

With Inter I`m going for history (Inter always defeats Brescia) and the fact that they need to bounce back after their poor display with Milan.
    You're betting for Inter because they're expected to improve their performances? :eek: That's a bold prediction, my friend. Inter are notorious for choking under pressure. I hope they lose (not so you lose money, just...)

The thing with accumulator bets, though, is that there's the risk of getting them all right except for one. i.e. you could've won money on 2 out of 3 bets, but with an accumulator, you get zilch if you get one of them wrong :(

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    It's a risk but they're good cos you can play just a few cents and still win hundreds. That's why I use combinations so I'll sort of be covered. I end up only playing at most around 2 Euros on combinations and 1 Euro on sure bets a week so I don't really play that much compared to others.

This is definitely not the best week to play in as there are many matches that could go either way. 2 weeks ago was a great week to bet, many easy matches and i`m sure in future there will be more such weeks.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    It's a risk but they're good cos you can play just a few cents and still win hundreds. That's why I use combinations so I'll sort of be covered.
    True that. Also, (i dunno if it's the same with laddys) the minimum bet for me is no longer $5. I can bet $1 on 5 different things, and that can potentially get me hundreds/thousands :greedy:

This is definitely not the best week to play in as there are many matches that could go either way. 2 weeks ago was a great week to bet, many easy matches and i`m sure in future there will be more such weeks.
    Hrmm I guess so. Nice thread btw, I think it'll be useful to hear everyone's opinions...

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    the minimum bet at ladbrokers is currently 0.14c of a Euro. It fluctuates depening on the currency.

Basically this week if I get any of my combinations right, the max I can win would be 289 Euros for this:

Brescia-Inter 2
    Ancona-Juventus 2
    Bologna-Perugia X
    Chievo-Sampdoria X
    Modena-Lecce X
    Reggina-Siena X
    Roma-Parma 1
    Udinese-Empoli 1
    Milan-Lazio X

and the lowest I can win is 58 Euros for this:

Brescia-Inter 2
    Ancona-Juventus 2
    Bologna-Perugia 1
    Chievo-Sampdoria 1
    Modena-Lecce 1
    Reggina-Siena X
    Roma-Parma 1
    Udinese-Empoli 1
    Milan-Lazio X

I did not try all the combinations (like Milan winning) because it would go over 4 Euros and since I don`t want to go over the 10 Euros per month line, I won`t do that. However if I do win one of these bets, then next week I`ll be at least 58 Euros richer, therefore I can afford doing more combinations of say around 5 Euros, which will increase my chances of winning and still get between 60 - 300 Euros ;)

Basically you only need a kick start win for these so then you can keep on winning and winning :D

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Yeah cos you cover yourself.

In this week's betting I'm not covered on all games as I`m aware Brescia can snatch a draw or even win against Inter, that Lecce can win at Modena, Siena win at Reggina, Parma draw at Roma and Milan beat Lazio.

But as I said before, this is a tough week. I won;t be surprised if I only guessed around 5 at most, so I`ll be waiting for next week.

Hopefully betting on Man Utd, Celtic and Rangers will get me the money back ;)

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Great thread Zizou! :thumb:

I just went up to the store to make my bets. Here they are:

1 West Ham - Burnley 1
    2 Arsenal - Chelsea 1,2
    3 Manchester C - Bolton 1
    4 Fulham - Wolverhampton 1,x
    5 Portsmouth - Liverpool 2
    6 Middlesbrough - Newcastle 1,2
    7 W Bromwich - Norwich 1
    8 Millwall - Sheffield U 1
    9 Wigan - Gillingham 1
    10 Reading - Preston 1
    11 Crystal P - Rotherham 1
    12 Crewe - Derby 1,x
    13 Watford - Bradford 1

I am pretty poor at the moment so I had to make a cheap tips, only 80 cents.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    1X means that the game will either end in a victory for the home team (1) or a draw (X).

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Zambrotta you did an Accumulator? Lots of combinations there.
    I don't know what you mean? unless we're talking electricity. ;)

I guess I'm playing a different type of game. It is always thirteen (13) games and you have to have at least 10 matches correct to win something, sometimes more. The money you win depends on what the other people have guessed and how many they are.
    It costs 10 cents and if you want to add a 1,x or 2 you double it.

In Sweden we only have one betting company, political decision. So the odds are really crap.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #19
    Play online then ;)

Accumulator is when you have to guess all the results from the games you played. Tough but it gives you back some good money.

From the matches I Suggested, they got screwed cos of Inter. At least I still have one more going on, if I get that right I`ll win 70 Euros.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    Ah, I see. Then I am playing an accumulator. The best part of this game is that you can get a "13" t-shirt which will let you have the best seats at several pubs and stuff. It is hard to understand, but "stryktipset" is a part of the swedish culture. :)

I would like to play online, I am just doubting about the security. I also fear that I might get addicted, start betting everyday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)