Is this familiar in Jewish weddings? (1 Viewer)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
You need to give it some context.

Are you offended because you think that towel represented something palestinian and they make fun of it?
Or are you surprised because arab weddings have similar rituals?

I have never been to a wedding but I know that on orthodox jewish weddings men and women are separated. Maybe they wrapped towels over the woman in order to allow her to celebrate with men.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Are you referring to the ritual killing of a Palestine maiden? This is common in Jewish weddings, yes. As in weddings all over the world actually. Whenever there is a reason to celebrate in the West, a Palestine maiden is sacrificed.
:lol:

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #7
    This has nothing to do with me being Palestinian or Martian. I really did not mean anything wrong when posting this but I just wanted to see if these rituals are familiar there.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    Are you referring to the ritual killing of a Palestine maiden? This is common in Jewish weddings, yes. As in weddings all over the world actually. Whenever there is a reason to celebrate in the West, a Palestine maiden is sacrificed.
    :lol:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    I did a bit of research. It's apparently called a "mitzvah tantz"

This one has some dope ultras (pun intended) chanting along.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    This has nothing to do with me being Palestinian or Martian. I really did not mean anything wrong when posting this but I just wanted to see if these rituals are familiar there.
    I've been to multiple Jewish weddings in the U.S. None of them did that. There's the breaking glasses underfoot, there's the being carried around in a chair, etc. But burqas would be a new one for me.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
    I've been to multiple Jewish weddings in the U.S. None of them did that. There's the breaking glasses underfoot, there's the being carried around in a chair, etc. But burqas would be a new one for me.
    I guess you've been to regular jews' wedding, not orthodox. They have many rituals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)