My cookies be ballin'... they just too f'in large! [Fixed] (1 Viewer)

OP
Hydde

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    da eff XD

dnt undertsand

whats ddos?

ho i clea cache=?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    OK, I had this happen to me last week myself.

It worked for me by following the online instructions for deleting my cookies from the juventus.org domain. Google that for your browser you're using... they are everywhere and it's not worth repeating their instructions here. Restart your browser. Done.

At least it worked for me.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The guts of what's oddly happening is in the mechanics of how the Web works. Exchanges between Web browsers and servers look a lot like email messages. What you receive back from a server is basically a multi-part MIME email -- like the HTML emails you might receive.

What your browser sends out to the server when you enter a URL or click a link also looks something like an email. Typically it's like an empty or next-to-empty message body with a lot of message headers attached. But where an email has message headers that might include a "Subject" and "CC" line, there are lines in the message headers for browser cookies that can send additional information to the servers that identify your login, maybe some session information like how many posts you're actively quoting, etc.

Web request messages -- which are like uploads from your perspective -- tend to be short, but servers and network traffic can sometimes be sensitive to how large those messages and message headers can be. For whatever reason -- and I think it's a config problem with the Tuz servers -- the cookies in the headers being sent in your requests are too big for what the server expects or can handle. So the remedy is to remove the cookies associated with "*.juventuz.org" in your browser so that they are not sent with future requests.

That essentially logs you out of the Tuz, because your outbound messages won't identify you with your juventuz.org cookie. So you will have to log in again. But once I logged in again, things were fine. Once doing so, of course I get new cookies. But whatever cruft I carried before seems to have slimmed down. I haven't seen that problem for a week now.

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
    The problem is that the cookie set by the forum is larger than what the cache server allows for. I made an adjustment to the cache server last night when we were having overload issues and forgot to increase the max size for the cookies.

Anyway, I've fixed this now and it should work now. Sorry about the issues. If you're still having issues, try deleting the cookie and login again.

I know some of you've had issues connecting to Tapatalk as well, hopefully this has solved it. :)

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    The problem is that the cookie set by the forum is larger than what the cache server allows for. I made an adjustment to the cache server last night when we were having overload issues and forgot to increase the max size for the cookies.

Anyway, I've fixed this now and it should work now. Sorry about the issues. If you're still having issues, try deleting the cookie and login again.

I know some of you've had issues connecting to Tapatalk as well, hopefully this has solved it. :)
    Sweet. :)

Thanks, @Marty!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)