Youth Development Predictions List (3 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Given the huge disparity of opinions about how our 5 young players will develop ranging from extreme optimism about their potential to extreme pessimism we decided to have a thread where each member (if he or she wants to) gets to post his predictions about the future of Juve's important youngsters that are either here or will be here next season. This thread should serve as a tool to expose how good or bad each of us is at prediction and could also serve as a tool for bullying those who get it all wrong.

Anyway, the five players whose development is to be predicted are: Coman, Berardi, Zaza, Rugani and Sturaro.

Your predictions are about how good they will be as footballers and that will be reflected in the following range of valuations from best to worst:
(a) World class starter, (b) Very good starter, (c) decent starter, (d) bench player, (e) deep bench player/shipped out.

By world class starter we mean that this player would have a serious shot at being in the starting eleven of Madrid, Barca and/or Bayern assuming they continue to boss the world of football for two years and excluding Messi and Ronaldo as thats just unfair. We will also assume that Juventus will continue to slowly grow and won't suffer from a collapse that would make a shitty player great for us.

You are to post how many players you think will fall into each category, and if you like, you can also mention who you think will be at which level.
I will update this master post whenever someone new posts their predictions. And since this is a new thread and its a lot of work, I'll have everyone who posted in the other thread do so here again in light of the evaluation system (a-e). This is also a chance to revise your earlier posts.

In any case here is mine and I'd appreciate it if you follow the same format so that I'd just copy and paste:

Hist: 0 world class starter, 1 very good starter, 1 decent starter, 1 bench player, 2 deep bench/shipped out.
Post Ironic: 0 World class starter, 0 very good starter, 2 decent starters, 1 bench player, 2 deep bench/shipped out
DelPiero84: 3 world class starters,0 very good starter, 0 decent starters, 2 bench players, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
Zizinho: 2 world class starter, 1 very good starter, 0 decent starters, 2 bench players, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
Quetzalcoatl: 1 world class starter, 1 very good starter, 0 decent starters, 2 bench players, 1 deep bench/shipped out.
Alex Juventino: 2 World Class starters, 0 very good starters, 2 decent starters, 1 bench player, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
IgorTudor: 0 world class starters, 2 very good starters, 0 decent starters, 3 bench players, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
ADP1897: 1 World Class starter, 1 very good starter, 0 decent starter, 3 Bench players, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
The cusp: 0 World Class starters, 2 Very good starters, 0 decent starters, 1 Bench player, 2 deep bench/shipped out.
Ocelot: 0 World Class, 1 Very good starter, 1 Decent starter, 2 Bench player, 1 deep bench/Shipped out.
DAiDEViL: 0 Worldclass starters, 1 very good starter, 2 decent Starters, 0 bench players, 2 deep bench/shipped out.
Dule90: 0 World Class, 2 Very good starter, 1 Decent starter, 1 Bench player, 1 deep bench/Shipped out.
Knowah: 0 World class starter, 2 Very good starter, 1 Decent starter,1 Bench player, 1 Deep bench/Shipped out
Juvejay: 2 world class starter, 1 very good starter, 0 decent starter, 2 bench player, 0 deep bench/shipped out.
adRHCP: 1 world class starter 1 very good starters, 1 decent starter, 1 bench player, 1 shipped out.
DelPieroJuve: 0 Worldclass starters, 2 very good starter, 3 decent Starters, 0 bench players, 0 shipped out

Buy on AliExpress.com

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
0 World class starter, 2 Very good starter, 1 Decent starter, 1 Bench player, 1 Deep bench/Shipped out

0 World class starter
2 Very good starter (Coman, Rugani)
1 Decent starter (Berardi)
1 Bench player (Sturaro)
1 Deep bench/Shipped out (Zaza)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I have a little query here..What is a 'decent starter' supposed to constitute?
For me,either you're very good to be a regular starter or just good enough to be a bench option/rotational player.
Barring a calamity,we look good to upgrade the quality of the side each year so in such circumstances,these youth players should show a high level of quality if they are to become a mainstay of the Juve team.
There's also this issue of when do these players actually peak or get to that stage.
For example,we cant draw conclusions of that said player based on one season.So these are some of the variables that needed to be taken into account.
If you ask me for an outrageous prediction,id say most of these youth are likely gonna end being used as makeweights in transfer deals for better players but i'll go with the safe prediction,the one i posted above for now.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I prefer a ranking system that's more realistic, like:

-Del Piero
-Boniperti
-Marchisio
-Giovinco
-De Ceglie
-Palladino

OP
Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #11
    I have a little query here..What is a 'decent starter' supposed to constitute?
    For me,either you're very good to be a regular starter or just good enough to be a bench option/rotational player.
    Barring a calamity,we look good to upgrade the quality of the side each year so in such circumstances,these youth players should show a high level of quality if they are to become a mainstay of the Juve team.
    There's also this issue of when do these players actually peak or get to that stage.
    For example,we cant draw conclusions of that said player based on one season.So these are some of the variables that needed to be taken into account.
    If you ask me for an outrageous prediction,id say most of these youth are likely gonna end being used as makeweights in transfer deals for better players but i'll go with the safe prediction,the one i posted above for now.
    So a world class player would be like Pirlo and Vidal, and a long time ago Buffon used to be. Decent starter would be something like Evra. No one likes him but he starts because we dont have a better option. This is at least my evaluation. In any case treat it like a scale from 1-5 with 1 being the best/worldclass and 5 the worst.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    2 WC, 1 very good, 2 bench...

- - - Updated - - -

So a world class player would be like Pirlo and Vidal, and a long time ago Buffon used to be. Decent starter would be something like Evra. No one likes him but he starts because we dont have a better option. This is at least my evaluation. In any case treat it like a scale from 1-5 with 1 being the best/worldclass and 5 the worst.
    :wth: no one likes Evra?

OP
    Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #15
    Well if a lot of people are considering Padoin to be a better option in his place then yeah.. he just a decent player. Now that is. He used to be a very good player.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Aug 13, 2013
    0 World class starter
    2 Very good starter (Coman, Rugani)
    3 Decent starter (Berardi , Sturaro ,Zaza)
    0 Deep bench/Shipped out

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    Well if a lot of people are considering Padoin to be a better option in his place then yeah.. he just a decent player. Now that is. He used to be a very good player.
    those people are either joking or have no clue what theyre talking about. he had a though start but now that he settled in he is great

- - - Updated - - -

oh and @Hist, wait a minute. whats this "decent starter"? that wasnt an option when we first started this

OP
    Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #19
    those people are either joking or have no clue what theyre talking about. he had a though start but now that he settled in he is great

- - - Updated - - -

oh and @Hist, wait a minute. whats this "decent starter"? that wasnt an option when we first started this
    I like padoin more in tough games because of his defensive solidity.

I added decent starter to be something as barely first team material or first team material for the lack of better options. On a scale from 1-5, 1 being best and 5 being worst, a decent starter is a 3.

OP
    Hist

Hist

Founder of Hism
    Jan 18, 2009
  • Thread Starter #20

- - - Updated - - -

I like padoin more in tough games because of his defensive solidity.

I added decent starter to be something as barely first team material or first team material for the lack of better options. On a scale from 1-5, 1 being best and 5 being worst, a decent starter is a 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)