Rock, in all shapes and sizes - Music - Juventuz Forums
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast
    Don't be Diego 2.0 CrimsonianKing's Avatar

Cash
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)

Rock, in all shapes and sizes

Well, we all know it's deader than dead now but we should have a place to talk about it. Got tired of hijacking other threads.

@ZoSo @swag @X @King of Kings @Vinny del Pirlo @Nzoric @Ramin @PostIronic @adRHCP @Tommy
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

Cash
    Mentioned
    278 Post(s)
    STREET CONTE

Cash
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    I'll just leave this here

and this

Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Badass Vidal/Marcelo View Post
    Vucinic he once told Arturo that he will fuck Arturo mother and sister and Arturo was mad, but then he saw that Mirko tells that to everyone and he even told his twin brother that he will fuck his mother and sister. That is something Mirko say all the time and now nobody is angry with Mirko.

Cash
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    This girl is fantastic. One of my favourite new musicians in terms of rock. Lady Lamb the Beekeeper (Aly Spaltro is her name). Love this song in particular. The album it is from, Ripely Pine is all over the map, and might have been my favourite album of 2013.

Here's the rest of the session.

And her latest song from her new album that's coming out in march.

@CrimsonianKing I know you said you're not into much new music, but what do you think?
    It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    @PostIronic I liked the last song more. But it's not really my cup of tea. She reminds me of a more predictable popish teenie version of PJ Harvey and even Fiona Apple at times.

Difference is, to me at least, those 2 write very clever melodies whilst hers didn't really caught my attention. I'ts like it lacks something, uniqueness maybe, to make her stand out from that Indie crowd, that indie sound.

She looks young though, maybe her best stuff hasn't been written yet. I must say though while searching for more stuff to have a better understanding of her sound, i found this more interesting than the other songs:

Oh, since I'm certain you know the other artists i mentioned i thought i'd share something with a similar sound but a bit more unknown. I saw this band open for Deftones back in 04' or 05'. Yes, she was THE hottest thing on earth and i couldn't blink for a second.

Cash
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    I like the song you linked, Bird Balloons. It's one of the best on her first record. She definitely has a tendency to slip into a more pop rock type sound at times, although the first song, I do quite like all the shifts and changes in pace and tone. Her lyrics aren't all that great yet, but she's young still, so who knows where she goes.

I know Denali, haven't seen them live (lucky, she is hot), but have both their albums on vinyl. The self-titled is this translucent aqua colour. It's fun. I like their sound. Much harder than LLBK.

This is a band that has an interesting sort of spaced out psychedelia sound. Their album Madness in Miniature was great imo.

It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1153 Post(s)
    Yeah, like Crimson alludes to, this is more my style of chick rock Rubber gloves and toilet brush and all...

"Imagine what Lou Reed could have achieved if he'd spent his twenties on Twitter."
    -- Peter Kaplan, former editor-in-chief of The New York Observer, on Twitter

Cash
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)

You both seem to like something a little harder, a little more "rockin" than I do. I do like PJ Harvey and Denali, though. But I also like that slightly softer, more indie-pop, kind of sound of Lady Lamb above, and... perhaps a band like Lucius.

- - - Updated - - -

I've always liked stuff along the lines of Lydia Tomkiw's monotone poetics in Algebra Suicide...

And then the no-wave out there aspect of Lizzy Mercier Descloux...

In terms of female "rock". Although titling either of the above "rock" might be stretching definitions.

Cash
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PostIronic View Post

You both seem to like something a little harder, a little more "rockin" than I do. I do like PJ Harvey and Denali, though. But I also like that slightly softer, more indie-pop, kind of sound of Lady Lamb above, and... perhaps a band like Lucius.
    Don't insult rock music by posting that stuff in here pls

- - - Updated - - -

solid gold
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Vucinic he once told Arturo that he will fuck Arturo mother and sister and Arturo was mad, but then he saw that Mirko tells that to everyone and he even told his twin brother that he will fuck his mother and sister. That is something Mirko say all the time and now nobody is angry with Mirko.

Cash
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Well, we all know it's deader than dead now but we should have a place to talk about it. Got tired of hijacking other threads.

@ZoSo @swag @X @King of Kings @Vinny del Pirlo @Nzoric @Ramin @PostIronic @adRHCP @Tommy
    Why the hell am i not on this list
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    because you like metal, not rock
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Cash
    Mentioned
    2043 Post(s)
    I like both. Its just very rare these days
    The F1 remains as of 2013 one of the fastest production cars ever made; as of July 2013 it is succeeded by very few cars including the Koenigsegg Agera R, the SSC Ultimate Aero TT,and the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. However, all of the superior top speed machines use forced induction to reach their top speeds, whereas the McLaren F1 is naturally aspirated.
    http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/41...=1#post4967497

Cash
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)

Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Cash
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Why the bloody hell does this thread only have 13 posts? I thought it had a LOT more?!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post
    I'll just leave this here

Giving this a listen now.
    Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change.

Cash
    Mentioned
    565 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Giving this a listen now.
    Juve Fino Alla Fine!

Cash
    Mentioned
    654 Post(s)
    I really liked the 1980s Dunedin Sound that came out of New Zealand with bands like The Verlaines and The Clean. The Verlaines had some of the best lyrics around. Graeme Downes was an excellent songwriter.

Cash
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Seen Korn and Slipknot lastnight in Dublin. Great gig.

Cash
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swag View Post
    Yeah, like Crimson alludes to, this is more my style of chick rock Rubber gloves and toilet brush and all...

Love that album. That song in special is very Josh Homme-ish

She's gone into a more indie-pop kind of sound lately. Kinda disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheryah View Post
    Why the hell am i not on this list
    I thought you were more of a metalhead. And i don't know who still listens to rock around these parts, i just remembered a few.

At Hustini's home computer, secretly changing his location
    Cash
    Mentioned
    546 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoSo View Post

There you go.

This right here is a great way to start the morning.

- - - Updated - - -

When you can't pick just one song, listen to the whole $#@!ing thing, I say.

April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

Cash
    Mentioned
    1751 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PostIronic View Post

It's not a matter of liking heavier stuff. On the contrary, I'm a sucker for good melodies as i said above. But I'm very particular about indie bands and how they all sound alike.

It's a revival of all things lately, there's barely anything fresh. Most "alternative" bands of today (which hurts me to say since Alternative rock was really interesting in the 90's and really $#@! after that) are either going for that popish synthitized 80's and/or a modernish 60's sound.

I remember when I still cared to find new music not so long ago, i'd listen to playlists and playlists of Alternative/indie artists i've never heard before in the chance of finding something interesting, out of a 100 I might have find 1. And the rest was the same pop $#@! with the boring uninteresting melodies using with the same uninteresting chords. Actually melodies? Where the $#@! did they went? What's with the weird $#@! just for the sake of weirdness?

Krautrock was extreme experimental music yet interesting, avant-garde and revolutionary. These bands? meh.

Anyways, in one of those lists I found this, which as i said, is nothing but band trying to sound like they're in the 60's but at least they write clever music.