Rock, in all shapes and sizes - Music - Juventuz Forums - Page 39
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 787
  1. #761
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Well they didn’t know it was on sale. The Lps with the special Black Friday prices were hidden in between the regular ones so you had to look throughly. I managed to find that one plus Depeche Mode’s Violator And Velvet Underground’s Live double LP. I left with like 10, 12 records.
    you're on a roll then with those 7 other records from the other day it's already a nice collection.

    with some buddies, we talked about buying records/cd's in the streaming era. i don't have any vinyls, and practically stopped buying cd's since i'm a tidal subscriber, but my guess is that record collectors will continue buying stuff even with a streaming subscription in their pocket. it's like the '90's all over again when cd's killed the tapes, but nothing killed the records eventually.

  2. #762
    CL Trophy Incoming... CrimsonianKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18,425
    Cash
    71,988
    Mentioned
    1841 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    you're on a roll then with those 7 other records from the other day it's already a nice collection.

    with some buddies, we talked about buying records/cd's in the streaming era. i don't have any vinyls, and practically stopped buying cd's since i'm a tidal subscriber, but my guess is that record collectors will continue buying stuff even with a streaming subscription in their pocket. it's like the '90's all over again when cd's killed the tapes, but nothing killed the records eventually.
    Oh, those are just a few... I have about 200 right now which is nothing compared to what I'd have if I had kept my old stuff. But it's ok I'm rebuilding my collection.

    Do yourself a favor, get a decent turntable (a fairly cheap Audio Technica will do the job for now) and get some records. You won't regret it! There's a reason it never went away, it dropped in popularity in the 00's but it's making a come back. CDs are pretty much worthless nowadays and it's not gonna stand the test of the time. Records on the other hand were and will always be the best alternative to digital format (in today's case streaming).

    I had 2 Tidal trials, one for each month and I liked it a lot. The price? Not so much but the idea of streaming lossless music interests me, especially when I'm not at home.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

  3. #763
    J Salvo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Aus
    Posts
    52,695
    Cash
    51,853
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    does dai likes rock? i didn't know that.

    anyway, this is one of my most listened records:

    Coheed! Great band
    Fantastic live as well
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    @CrimsonianKing do you know these guys? i just saw the recommendation in a fb group, their recent record is supposed to sound great. i'll definitely listen to that, they sound like a genuine psych rock band. also, 2 drummers, that's nuts

    The gizz are good as well

    Have you heard of COG or Karnivool? Two great Aussie prog bands
    ADP 10 290!
    3!6

  4. #764
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Oh, those are just a few... I have about 200 right now which is nothing compared to what I'd have if I had kept my old stuff. But it's ok I'm rebuilding my collection.

    Do yourself a favor, get a decent turntable (a fairly cheap Audio Technica will do the job for now) and get some records. You won't regret it! There's a reason it never went away, it dropped in popularity in the 00's but it's making a come back. CDs are pretty much worthless nowadays and it's not gonna stand the test of the time. Records on the other hand were and will always be the best alternative to digital format (in today's case streaming).

    I had 2 Tidal trials, one for each month and I liked it a lot. The price? Not so much but the idea of streaming lossless music interests me, especially when I'm not at home.
    analog sound has its appeal, that's for sure. but with my son around, i'd better not buy any expensive stuff for at least an other couple of years i get you, records are awesome and also keep their value pretty well. i remember when in the mid-'80s my parents bought an other record, it was like a celebration.

    tidal fees are different for each country. premium only costs 10€ (3000huf) in hungary, and it's worth every penny.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Salvo View Post
    Have you heard of COG or Karnivool? Two great Aussie prog bands
    karnivool is a band i regularly listen to their next record is long overdue. gonna check out cog, i've heard of them but never listen to them actually. thanks for the suggestion!

  5. #765
    CL Trophy Incoming... CrimsonianKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18,425
    Cash
    71,988
    Mentioned
    1841 Post(s)
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a $#@!ing douchebag.

    I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, $#@! that. Not giving that $#@! any of my money.
    @King of Kings
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

  6. #766
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a $#@!ing douchebag.

    I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, $#@! that. Not giving that $#@! any of my money.
    @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=1825" target="_blank">King of Kings</a>

  7. #767
    The D.I.L.F CR 7's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in Greece, leading a search party in sea caves for Cronios
    Posts
    28,318
    Cash
    24,000
    Mentioned
    613 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a $#@!ing douchebag.

    I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, $#@! that. Not giving that $#@! any of my money.
    @King of Kings
    Oh wow. What a $#@!.
    April 28th, 2016. The day my world changed forever

    The Artist formerly known as "King of Kings"

  8. #768
    Juventuz star Nomuken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,901
    Cash
    106,705
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Guzoon Tight

  9. #769
    Juventuz regular Basel93's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,456
    Cash
    3,899
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

  10. #770
    起死回生 JuveJay's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The wrong dimension
    Posts
    56,270
    Cash
    53,621
    Mentioned
    621 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Josh Homme kicked a female photographer in the face. What a $#@!ing douchebag.

    I was gonna see Queens of the Stone Age next year, $#@! that. Not giving that $#@! any of my money.
    @King of Kings
    Wow, so rock and roll (yawn). Always thought he was a bit of a $#@! but it's a thin line with being a regular rock front man.

    At least he's not Ian Watkins.
    Fool enough to almost be it
    Cool enough to not quite see it

  11. #771
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveJay View Post
    At least he's not Ian Watkins.
    i didn't expect this

    btw liberation transmission was an easy 10/10 record, too bad i can't listen to it anymore.

  12. #772
    CL Trophy Incoming... CrimsonianKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18,425
    Cash
    71,988
    Mentioned
    1841 Post(s)
    It seems he also deliberately cut his own forehead and called fans “retards”.

    Hmm definitely drugs.
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

  13. #773
    Juventuz regular Basel93's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,456
    Cash
    3,899
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)


    Sound of classic Rock & Roll.

  14. #774
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    not exactly the type of music i generally listen to, but these guys know a thing or two about hit songs:







    catchy stuff.

  15. #775
    Juventuz champion s4tch's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    7,022
    Cash
    14,840
    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    any tool/apc fans here?


  16. #776
    ★★★ Sheik Yerbouti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Pale blue dot
    Posts
    56,087
    Cash
    11,878
    Mentioned
    294 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s4tch View Post
    @CrimsonianKing do you know these guys? i just saw the recommendation in a fb group, their recent record is supposed to sound great. i'll definitely listen to that, they sound like a genuine psych rock band. also, 2 drummers, that's nuts

    I can't stop listening to Polygondwanaland lately. I love that album. Can't say the same for Flying Microtonal Banana and Gumboot Soup, which I just can't get into. But I'll probably end up checking out the rest of their albums.
    Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change.

  17. #777
    CL Trophy Incoming... CrimsonianKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    18,425
    Cash
    71,988
    Mentioned
    1841 Post(s)
    Cranberries singer is dead.

    damn she was young...
    Tu sei la squadra del cuore sempre in campo undici eroi

  18. #778
    FLY, EAGLES FLY Lapa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Up On Melancholy Hill
    Posts
    15,821
    Cash
    11,348
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonianKing View Post
    Cranberries singer is dead.

    damn she was young...
    Just read about it too.
    "Hell is for HEROES!"

  19. #779
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Gave a listen to Stone Sour's last years album, gotta say it was better than their previous stuff. Some strange Metallica impressions going on at times, but apart from that I loved it. Always been fascinated by Corey Taylor.

    February will be a fun month, new albums from Awolnation, Franz Ferdinand and Brian Fallon
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ronaldo is way bigger than Juventus

  20. #780
    Juventuz addict pitbull's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    10,278
    Cash
    12,035
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Howlin Sun just released their debut album, fun stuff, very Jack White-esque sound, great vocals and a great groove at times. Great how they've paid attention to album fitting together as a whole, definitely recommend to listen to it in the right order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Ronaldo is way bigger than Juventus

Similar Threads

  1. Metal, in all shapes and sizes
    By Nzoric in forum Music
    Replies: 683
    Last Post: 23.06.2018, 15:43
  2. top ten rock songs of all time
    By slash in forum Music
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03.04.2006, 06:44
  3. top ten rock artists of time
    By slash in forum Music
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 01.09.2003, 07:30
  4. Rock/Metal
    By JuveTrueChamps in forum Music
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 31.10.2002, 21:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •