Juventus Compared to Real Madrid (1 Viewer)

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
This is a HUGE fixture comming up for any Juve or Real fan around the world. I remember one time on the forums i saw a post that compared each player on milan with juventus, it was very interesting.

I would like to see one with juve and real, that compare the goalies all the way to strikers...

If you know and have time. it would be appriciated on behalf of the PERSIAN MAFIA (by the way, persians love JUVENTUS!)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
here's my shot at it:

Buffon x Casillas == Equal. Both great skill. Whatever advantege Buffon has in age and overall experience, Casillas equals it with all his CL experience. Buffon can freeze sometimes, yet Casillas is not that well with high balls.

Ferrara x Hierro == Ferrara

Zambrotta x R.Carlos == R.Carlos. no need for explination.

Montero x Helguera == Helguera. besides the seconds part of the Barca game, Montero has been slow and easiy to get by.

Thuram x Selgado == Thuram if given room to advance.

[Birindelli and Iuliano] x [Pavon and Minambers] == Biri and Iuliano.

Tacchinardi x Cambiasso == Equel. tough one since Tacchi has been doing a good job in the past few months.

Figo x Camo == Figo. There would be room to compare if Camo had kept his season-start form.

Davids x Makalele == Davids. i still think he's the key if juve want to stop Real's midfield from playing THEIR type of game.(the first Milan game was a good example of what davids can do) that's why i think he will be more usefull in this particular game.

Zidane x Nedved== Equal (Both players reflect the styles of their corresponding teams and both are just as key for their teams to function)

[Conte, Tudor, Olivera] x [Macca, Conceicao, Solari] == Real Madrid's other midfielders.

Del Piero x Raul == as much as this hirts, but i'd have to say Raul. Del Piero hasn't been playing well lately and current form is important in this comparisson.

Trez x Ronaldo == Ronaldo

Di Vaio x Morientes/Portillo == Morientes/Portillo

Zala x Guti = Guti

Notes:
Juve will be without Davids and Tacchi.
So that leaves Tudot and Conte for the middle. this means Real are really gonna screw juve in midield in the first game....i hope Lippi has something up his sleaves.

Madrid have more depth and better options on the bench except when it comes to defenders.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Buffon Vs Casillas - a tie
Thuram Vs Salgado - Thuram
Zambrotta VS Carlos - Carlos
Ferrara Vs Hierro - Ferrara
Montero VS Helguera - a tie
Tacchinardi vs Flavio - Tacchianrdi
Davids VS Makelele - Makelele
Camoranesi Vs Figo - Figo
Nedved VS Zidane - Zidane
Del Piero VS Raul - Raul :down:
Trez Vs Ronaldo - Ronaldo

so its Real 6 Juve 3 and tied 2 (IMO)

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
Buffon Vs Cassilas- Buffon! :fero:
Thuram Vs Salgado- Thuram
Zambrotta Vs R.Carlos- R.Carlos :down:
Ferrara Vs Hierro- a tie. but **** Hierro
Montero Vs Helguera- Montero
Tacchi Vs Cambiasso/Flavio- Tacchi :extatic:
Davids Vs Makelele- Davids
Camo Vs Figo- Figo
Nedved Vs Zidane- Zidane :(
Del Piero Vs Raul :(
Trezeguet Vs Ronaldo- a tie

btw this list doesn't mean much... because Zidane and Raul wins Del Piero and Nedved, but still they are our best players.
and you don't win with winning this list ;)
but still it's nice to do this list

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Buffon Vs Casillas - casillas
Thuram Vs Salgado - thuram
Zambrotta VS Carlos - carlos
Ferrara Vs Hierro - ferrara
Montero VS Helguera - helguera
Tacchinardi vs Flavio - tacch
Davids VS Makelele - davids
Camoranesi Vs Figo - figo
Nedved VS Zidane - tie
Del Piero VS Raul - raul
Trez Vs Ronaldo - ronaldo

juve 4-6 real

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Buffon vs Cesar > Buffon
Thuram vs Salgado > Thuram
Zambrotta vs Raul Bravo > Zambrotta
Ferrara vs Hierro > Ferrara
Montero vs Pavon > Montero
Tacchi vs Celades > Tacchi
Davids vs Flavio > Davids
Camoranesi vs McManaman > Camoranesi
Nedved vs Guti > Nedved
Del Piero vs Morientes > Del Piero
Trez vs Tote > Trez

Juve - Real 11-0 :D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Buffon Vs Casillas - equal, i think casillas is a little quicker but buff is awesome too

Ferrara Vs Hierro - Ferrara (iron is in a very crappy fit)
Montero VS Helguera - a tie
Tacchinardi vs Flavio - Tacchianrdi
Davids VS Makelele - Makelele

Nedved VS Zidane - Zidane, h is the maestro (but beware of the bionic neddy)

Del Piero VS Raul - Raul

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
If they are in the mood and are fully concetrated then Real is far away the best team in club football but that counts for little if they are not up to it on the day

By the way everone is better than Flavio

Buffon Vs cassillas 2 very talented keepers , both good shot stoppers, but Iker likes to parry most of his, both not so gr8 on crosses and Buffon just has the edge

salgado vs Thuram Thurma wins this but salgado is better going forward and is having a very good season

Carlos vs Zambrotta one winner and he plays for Brazil

Hierro vs Ferrara 2 ancient limbs, 2 talismatic xters in defence but Ferrara is less prone to howlers while Hierro is a better all round player but Ferrara is the better defender at this point in time

Montero vs Helguera 2 years gao there wont be any comparisims but Montero has lost form while Helguera is really a midfielder and a very classy one at that but at the back he like Hierro take too many chances by trying to back heel balls they should be clearing out, thats how he scored the own goal at old trafford
Montero might just edge it but Helguera is getting better as a defender as he does throw himself at shots

Tacchi vs Flavio probably the only midfielder in Real , i rate Tacchi over as Flavio is quite incredibly bad, cannot believe he is Brazilian

Makele vs Davids very hard call, as they are both hard working and are both inspirational, Davids is flashier but Makele does more hard work without the praise he deserves as he makes the stars shine whereas Davids sometimes unbalances the team. Would prefer both in my team but Makele is more useful, tie for me

Figo vs Camoranese Figo every time of the week even if he is really in decline, at his best when he was barcelona there won't be any comparism whatsoever

Zidane vs Nedved, Nedved has had a phenom,enal season and big up to him but what he would do in 10 mins Zz will do in 10 secs, not his fault , he was not blessed with Zz's natural skills and vision, noone compares to Zz, I am afraid

Raul vs Dp my 2 ultimate faves, at thier best,Dp is the more natural talent but noone has Raul's brain in football and his all round play is better as well, Dp beats in dribbling, quicker feet and dead ball situations but Raul wins in finishing and while Dp seems to be on the wane , raul's star is still shining , Raul also has the better big game mentality but will always want both in my team

Ronaldo vs Trez one has had 2 carreer ending knee injuries but is still quicker that the other, guess who, Trez is probably the deadlier finisher of the 2 but very few teams if any will pick him over the brilliant brazilian

Subs bench

I reckon Real's bench will reach the quarters of Cl, they are that good with Cesar, Pavon, Miniambres, Bravo, Cambiasso, Solari, Celades, Guti, Morientes, Portillio
while ours will struggle in nationwide division one against portsmouth

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I don't think you can really compare those two teams player by player, especially if they both are going to play in different tactics.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
I don't think you can really compare those two teams player by player, especially if they both are going to play in different tactics.
Good point Zizou.
Also one point I like to point out is that while Zizou may be better than Pavel, there isn't that much difference between them.
Player by Player analysis can exaggerate things a bit.
Also some players may be superior in terms of individual ability and yet it you take the team into account then it may be completely different. I think Davids as a individual Makelele without any doubt is better but Makelele plays a role which allows stars in his team to shine, which gives him equal if not more value in terms of team than Davids.
By the way, great post by Denco, can't have said it better myself.:thumb:.

AleDP

Apr 19, 2003
REAL overall a better team on paper...but remember our greatest strength!!!

We play as TEAM......we never give up!!

Real can depend on their individuals at times.........so we're always a chance!!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
bearing in my mind that three of our players from your lists wont even play due to suspension.... this is completely pointless.

plus... what matters is the better team not who has the better players.

talent alone a team does not make.

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Player by player you dont come even close, I'm afraid.

But football is so much more than names of the players.....

If anyone can do it, it will be Juve

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
Buffon Vs Casillas - Buffon
Ferrara Vs Hierro - Ferrara
Montero VS Helguera - Helguera
Tacchinardi vs Flavio - Tacch
Davids VS Makelele - Davids
Nedved VS Zidane - Tie
Del Piero VS Raul - Raul (present) Del Piero (Career)

Juve 3 - 2 Real

Dino

Apr 18, 2003
I really feel we are going to lose, and badly. Remember that we lost to man United home and away, and they got thrashed by real madrid. Wiithout davids, montero and tacchinardi, i feel that we have no chance at all. With del piero and trezeguet coming back from injury and still not match fit, our strike force doesn't look to good. Also, Nedved seems really tired, as shown when he asked to be subbed vs brescia. I just hope that juve don't play catennaccio!

Hydde_Kitty

Apr 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dino ] ++
I really feel we are going to lose, and badly. Remember that we lost to man United home and away, and they got thrashed by real madrid.
we lost with man utd.but remember we were in problems because of the flu.
In the game away..practically juve was playing with the bench...and the team don't played too bad..

In the game in home...juve made a lot of errors....because of that we lost...

So i'm very optimistic...In paper, Madrid is a better team...but they aren't invincible...they have also bad days like every team....and juve is a good team.they are always given surprises. So I prefer to don't make conclusions until the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)