Islamiphobia, Antisemitism, and Anti-theism (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009

Do Islamiphobia and Antisemitism exist or are they just forms of anti-theism? Have Islam and Semitism become falsely attributed as races, when they are merely life choices?

I have found that there has been an alarming tendency to call any criticism of those two religions an 'ism' and therefor on par with a racist assault, as opposed to a criticism of a chosen life view. I sense that this is a dangerous path to carry on following as the blurred lines between race and religion become more closely linked via a flawed logic. I would point to countless other religions not being tied to ethnicity as proof to the contrary.

Thoughts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Semitism is not a life choice. It is a race.
Islam is not a race.

So, gathering both in one topic would distort the whole discussion.

OP
Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #5
    Well, you are timely (and original) in your criticism.
    Subjective and dependent on social context, yours is markedly different to mine and this is becoming a large issue in the UK at the moment following the growth of ISIS and the Israel incursions this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Semitism is not a life choice. It is a race.
    Islam is not a race.

So, gathering both in one topic would distort the whole discussion.
    Factual accuracy doesn't transpose to a social reality in which any criticism of Judaism is hailed as antisemitism

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Subjective and dependent on social context, yours is markedly different to mine and this is becoming a large issue in the UK at the moment following the growth of ISIS and the Israel incursions this year.
    I was being facetious in saying that the point you make seems rather obvious and I have the feeling I've been hearing about this for years.

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #7
    I was being facetious in saying that the point you make seems rather obvious and I have the feeling I've been hearing about this for years.
    It seems obvious to me too, but its still an issue and its still perpetuated and we are on a multi-faith/race forum where the nonsense might be explained

OP
    Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect

May 28, 2009
  • Thread Starter #15
    and we have uncovered issue no 1, the social hysteria of not offending the jewish faith in the aftermath of the atrocities that occurred in east/central europe in 16th-20th centuries have created a sacrosant aura for the jewish faith.

What separates antisemitism from racism? I can't think of any other race that has a name for its racism

There's no blackist, chinesest, indianest etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino[RUS];4739698 said:
    Fuck off
    @swag, infract me.

Jul 1, 2010
    Antisemitism is a term that was invented to associate any criticism of Judaism to ethnic/racist hatred (semites being spokers of a semitic language).

The problem is that many Jews regard themselves as being part of a people, which goes back to the Old Testament (God's chosen people). However, it's apparent that most Jews today are not descendants of Israelites from Antiquity but are the descendants of converts. Ergo, there is no such thing as a Jewish people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)